Photo

lil wayne vs the greats

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

where do you rank weezy in comparison to big pac etc? i personally think hes the GOAT

#2 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

goat? IMO not even close....he's not even the best out there right now

when you mention the goats biggie pac eminem and nas come to mind maybe even jay z but wayne is a surface rapper imo

#3 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

oh i left out eminem out....but how can you say weezy isnt even the best in the game right now besides em....hes on another level with these dudes why he sell so many albums then?

#4 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

lol bro one thing you need to realize is album sales dont mean shit....if thats the case then nelly is the best rapper out there right now do you know nelly sold twice as many albums as wayne? but that doesnt mean hes the best out there we both know nelly isnt on that level. wayne has some good similies, good flow, good beats so his songs get stuck in your head and thats the main reason he's sold so many albums....but lyrically...is he messin with a guy like lupe or even kanye? not even. flow wise ill give it to you he has good flow...but id argue drake has a better flow than wayne does

#5 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

thats my point flow is part of rapping and hes got one of the freshest flows out there....drake has a good flow but na he aint on waynes level in that aspect. if anything i'd say kanye west has better flow than drake does but in the end flow wise wayne has better flow than even pac and big in my eyes

#6 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

damn thats jumpin out there saying wayne has better flow than those guys you're talking about pac n biggie and biggie is KNOWN to have an amazing flow one of the greatest ever i dont see how its even possible to compare that flow to the flow of wayne

#7 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

no disrespect to biggie hes top 5 best ever but wayne is just that guy when it comes to rap music he created a new generation of rap the way he raps now all these new guys try to copy his swag

#8 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

lol so what? people copy others all the time that doesnt mean hes the best if anything people see him making money so they wanna copy him and like i proved earlier album sales doesnt mean anything. if u wanna talk about who the most popular rapper right now is then yea wayne wins the battle easily. but if u wanna talk about the best rapper period, its not wayne and hes not top 5.

#9 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

lol i guess we can agree to disagree. but out of curiosity whats your top 5 all time list

#10 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

i would rank it
1. pac/eminem
2. nas
3. biggie
4. jay z

you?

Edited by chicityballa, 01 October 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#11 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

thats a decent list and actually i give you props for puttin eminem up top most people dont do that just because they think others will criticize but i feel you on that em is definetely upper top 5.

my list is
1. Wayne
2. Pac/Biggie
3.Eminem
4. Undecided

I know most put nas and jay up there but cant really pick between them and other guys like busta rhymes and twista

#12 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

lol good list besides the wayne placing busta and twista are good rappers too they have that fast swag that most cant even compare to

#13 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

yeahhhh so what about top 5 right now? (discluding eminem and wayne)

#14 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

damn thats tough a lot of good young rappers

i would say
1. lupe
2. j cole
3. kanye
4. wayne
5. big sean

#15 maybachmusic

maybachmusic
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

yoooo i dont know about that list! lol i got mine at this:

1. rickyyyyyy roseeeeeeee
2. wale
3. drake
4. kanye
5. lupe

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

It all sounds the same to me.
Whut. Whut. Yeeeeeeeeah.
Posted Image

#17 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

well should i be surprised with wale rick ross on top your name is maybach music haaha

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

I would love to see a song of greater caliber then Cleaning out my Closet....

#19 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Of rappers alive and in the game today:
1. Eminem
2. Tech N9ne
3. Wayne
4. Nas

All time:
1. Pac
2. Biggie
3. Eminem
4. Tech N9ne
5. Wayne

#20 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

^^i argue...thats what im talking about some of em's songs are crazy deep....hard to find...but I think tupac has some songs that can go up against stuff em has out

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

^^i argue...thats what im talking about some of em's songs are crazy deep....hard to find...but I think tupac has some songs that can go up against stuff em has out

Not even just that though? How many rappers have songs that can't flow from verse to verse? How many of them have awkward pauses while they switch to another stanza?

How many rappers out there repeat the same line over just so it rhymes?

His songs (Most of them at least) have a deep meaning, good rhythm, rhyme, and the way he says it makes it feel like he means every word of it.

#22 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

yupppp but i think everyone on the top 5 all time and even top 5 right now lists that are on the posts in this thread all have good flow....but ill agree so many rappers out there with no flow

#23 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

I can't co-sign calling Wayne the GOAT. The guy hasn't released a decent album since Tha Carter II.

Yeah he moves units and white America loves him, no that doesn't even qualify him as even top 5 in my book.

#24 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

record sales does not represent who the best rapper is....if that's the case then everything is just a popularity contest so i agree

#25 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Lil' Wayne is no.
Eminem is yes.

That's just my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users