Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #17 : RESULTS.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote vote vote. (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Which entry was your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

Direct yourself to HERE to see the original SOTW thread.

The theme of this week was HATRED...

CONGRATULATIONS TO LIKEROBOTS WHO WON THIS WEEK'S SOTW WITH 9 VOTES.

Posted Image

Please PM soul_stealer for your reward.

Our second place, with 8 votes, goes to Verrater with 8 votes!

Posted Image

Please PM Elindoril for your reward.

Our third place, with 7 votes, goes to Bone.

Posted Image

Please PM Boggart for your reward.

Edited by Rooshy, 08 October 2011 - 03:10 PM.
Fixed two non-anonymous links

#2 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

LMAO there are some pretty entertaining sigs this week and i have like three favourites and now have to decide which to vote for. good job everyone!

#3 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

To everyone who entered, good luck! There's a lot of great ones up there. Some of my thoughts:

#3: Haha, that's amusing and true.
#5: Wow. So very true. Makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a stake.
#11: I know, right? Safety Dance? WTF?
#14: Obvious troll is obvious, but did a good job. :)
#18: People get all angry about that, and I...don't mind, but I totally get it.

#7 and #8: Westboro Baptist versus KKK! WHO WILL WIN?

So yeah, I'mma have a hard time deciding who to vote for.

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

Soooooooooooooo tempted to vote for 16 lol I also love 5 but its a little too predictable for me. 1 has my vote. Not sure why as i found it hard to pic but it jumped out at me for some reason.

and Rooshy, check your PM's please

#5 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

Good luck to everyone :)

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

lmao at #5.

I think #8 was very effectively done, and #15 had very good graphics (well i don't know about that, so I mean it looks pretty)

lmao at the maha sig hahah

#7 grafxmaster

grafxmaster
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Good and entertaining entries :D

good luck everyone!

#8 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Haha those were funny, I have no idea who to vote for lol prob the last one, i hate socks n sandals in public gross.

#9 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

I love how there was a mixture of comical and literal entries; great work guys! Can't wait to see how the results end up :) Crossing my fingers!

A question about the prizes: Is the winner gaining all three, or will it be split up between first place, second place, and third place?

#10 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Holy 18 entries!!

#11 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

Haha, some of these do make me laugh. Good luck everyone :)

@Sarcastiiclove: The winner chooses 1 prize. 2nd place chooses the other. 3rd place gets whatever is remaining.

Edited by Verrater, 05 October 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#12 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

-Edited out due to a fix, cant reveal and persons entry-

Good luck everyone :3

Edited by Verrater, 05 October 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Im gunna have to be disqualified guys. :(
Totally forgot to use an anonymous URL. :p

But great job to everyone else!! :) I voted for #7.

" we insist you use a hosting service that gives your submission a completely anonymous URL"

The rules do not state that you are to be disqualified for that. In the past this has happened and strategist just uploaded it to an anonymous URL. I think that should be the policy. When your posting a link, its not hard to look for names in the url, and upload it again if there is a name.

As such, I've replaced the two entries in this contest that had names in their url.

What troubles me is the number of entries that are .gif but don't move. I hope those are correct and not a mistake on the image host.

Sorry to hear that Joanna ;(
Next time I should remind you to use Imageshack, Tinypic, ect.

She did use Imageshack. She just followed to policy that most designers use, and uploaded it to her account, which gives her both control over it, and a record of the image even existing.

Someone else also did the same thing. I believe that contest holder should look though these before they post, and just upload the ones that have names in them. Its not too hard. :p

#14 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

" we insist you use a hosting service that gives your submission a completely anonymous URL"

The rules do not state that you are to be disqualified for that. In the past this has happened and strategist just uploaded it to an anonymous URL. I think that should be the policy. When your posting a link, its not hard to look for names in the url, and upload it again if there is a name.

As such, I've replaced the two entries in this contest that had names in their url.

What troubles me is the number of entries that are .gif but don't move. I hope those are correct and not a mistake on the image host.

She did use Imageshack. She just followed to policy that most designers use, and uploaded it to her account, which gives her both control over it, and a record of the image even existing.

Someone else also did the same thing. I believe that contest holder should look though these before they post, and just upload the ones that have names in them. Its not too hard. :p

Yeah, that was I was just thinking haha. Anynames in url, just download, reupload and GG. There should never be a reason a name is placed in one (Unless its directly in the siggy itself lulz).
Thanks for re-upping, btw :3

#15 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

I'm wondering what will happen since the artist of that number has already been revealed? Just out of curiosity...

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

I'm wondering what will happen since the artist of that number has already been revealed? Just out of curiosity...

Its only been up for 5 hours, and during the the time were the name and entry as actually said, they did not gain any more votes.

If they are willing to continue knowing that its possible people did not vote for their entry because they knew who it was (As we see no one voted for them) then I think they should be allowed to stay.

Of course, the person running this and the SOTW leader (strategist) will have final word on this. I'm just here to try and make everything run smoothly :p

#17 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Sounds like a plan! :)

#18 JaneTheDog

JaneTheDog
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

*slaps person who did number 2*
Don't fuck with Robert, lol.

#19 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

I have to admit, I was a bit confused about #16, but when I got it I lol'd.

#20 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

haha sotw leader? *blushes* and the entries shouldnt be disqualified as in the rules, it merely states theyre invalid and should be changed. However, rooshy should have checked this before revealing the entries and gotten the owners to reupload them. I have no problem with the sigs remaining as long as theyve been corrected

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

haha sotw leader? *blushes* and the entries shouldnt be disqualified as in the rules, it merely states theyre invalid and should be changed. However, rooshy should have checked this before revealing the entries and gotten the owners to reupload them. I have no problem with the sigs remaining as long as theyve been corrected

Should update the rules so the contest leaders know that they should check links for names :p

#22 JaneTheDog

JaneTheDog
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Can someone explain 6 and 16 to me please?
*feels stupid*

#23 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

hm. I lovee 5 overall. It's really nice. Just not like, siggy material. (As in, I love that. I would post/reblog it on tumblr cause it's nice and rather funny, but it's not something I would put on my siggy) 6 is also decently well made. Nicer than the rest.

I'm not sure who to vote for yet, so I may not vote, if I don't remember to pick later.

But yea. NIce job guys.

#24 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Can someone explain 6 and 16 to me please?
*feels stupid*

Yeah, I'm in the same boat for 16. I looked up the word odium and it means hatred for someone, so I'm assuming that the person hates Megan Fox?

#25 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Haha sorry maha was a member who half-decent at graphics but was just annoying as hell. This was before we had implemented the new rules so he spammed the place up and most people hated him, cept Brennon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users