#1 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

POPULAR POST!

Sida's Neopets Safety Deposit Box Pricer
*Updated Oct 11*

This program will go through your neopets SDB and price your items.

Posted Image

Instructions

You really don't need instructions for this. Just do the action on each tab to unlock the next one. You need Java installed (you probably already have it).

Credits

Josh for his HTTPSocket class.

Misc

This program is a response to http://www.neocodex....-value-checker/
If any other programs are needed, let me know :)

Program has been confirmed clean below.

If you are not using Windows, you can find the original unpacked Jar file in a post further down the page. Use this instead.

Revision History

1.1 - Added the page number where each item can be found in the SDB to the pricing page. Download: Attached File  Sida's Neopets Safety Deposit Box Pricer.zip   270.12KB   359 downloads

1.0 - Initial release. Download: Attached File  Sida's Neopets Safety Deposit Box Pricer.zip   269.93KB   200 downloads

Screenshots (click the spoiler)

Spoiler

Edited by Sida, 11 October 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

nice work Sida, look forward to using it.

#3 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

I love this idea! Nice work!

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Program looks clean to me.

#5 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have a question. So this program will give you an approx. estimate on how much NP you could make if you sold all these items, or does it phyiscally put these items in your shop?

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

Gathering from the screenshots this just gives you the approximate value of the items in your SDB :)

Works like a charm too :) Cheers

#7 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

I have a question. So this program will give you an approx. estimate on how much NP you could make if you sold all these items, or does it phyiscally put these items in your shop?

It will only let you know item prices and the total. It's really for people who have a shit load of SDB items and want to know if theres anything valuable sitting in there.

Gathering from the screenshots this just gives you the approximate value of the items in your SDB :)

Works like a charm too :) Cheers

Glad it worked :p I want to make something a bit more useful (profitable or whatever) but I swear everything is already done lol.

Edited by Sida, 09 October 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Inkheart made a full account pricer that does NP on hand, SDB, Bank, Stocks etc etc and then lists everything in a html file at the end. It currently has no GUI and uses the cmd.exe prompt instead (with python programming). Maybe have a look into doing something like that with yours? Even have the option to choose what/where you want to price. Like a check box for each section etc. Im sure someone from the Programming team may be working on something like this (i know they have an SDB pricer in the mix to be added at a later date) but it cant hurt if you're bored and wanna try something ;)

#9 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Inkheart made a full account pricer that does NP on hand, SDB, Bank, Stocks etc etc and then lists everything in a html file at the end. It currently has no GUI and uses the cmd.exe prompt instead (with python programming). Maybe have a look into doing something like that with yours? Even have the option to choose what/where you want to price. Like a check box for each section etc. Im sure someone from the Programming team may be working on something like this (i know they have an SDB pricer in the mix to be added at a later date) but it cant hurt if you're bored and wanna try something ;)

That sounds alright. Do you know everywhere on neopets that would have to be checked and valued? I don't play so I don't really know :p

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

Well there is the stuff i listed above and also there is the Gallery option as well. Possibly equipped items on pets (BD items) but not a neccessity. Mainly just SDB, NP on hand, Bank, Shop, Gallery, Stocks. Also items in the inventory (if any).

#11 desiqtie

desiqtie
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

That sounds alright. Do you know everywhere on neopets that would have to be checked and valued? I don't play so I don't really know :p

Well there is the stuff i listed above and also there is the Gallery option as well. Possibly equipped items on pets (BD items) but not a neccessity. Mainly just SDB, NP on hand, Bank, Shop, Gallery, Stocks. Also items in the inventory (if any).

Neodeck, Closet, & Shed would be nice too. I would definitely also include equipped items - lotta wealth tied up in BD sets. If you're going to turn this into a full account pricer, it would be nice to include everything but as solely a SDB pricer it sounds like it gets the job done. I would test it out myself...but it's just for PCs, right?

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

oh yeah of course the closet, neodeck and storage shed would be possible too. I would like the ability to be able to select certain ones (with say, a check box) though as i keep all my NC items in the closet and this would interfere with the program as they cannot be priced very easily/or at all.

Also another possibility just for 'values' sake, maybe have the option to price the stamp album too. For instance, have the program scan all stamps in the album, then give you an estimate on how much you've spent on the album. This would help in pricing an account for sale.

Edited by Strategist, 10 October 2011 - 02:25 AM.

#13 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

Neodeck, Closet, & Shed would be nice too. I would definitely also include equipped items - lotta wealth tied up in BD sets. If you're going to turn this into a full account pricer, it would be nice to include everything but as solely a SDB pricer it sounds like it gets the job done. I would test it out myself...but it's just for PCs, right?

If by just for PCs you mean Windows, it's actually Java but I wrapped it into an exe. I'd be happy to upload the jar if you're using another operating system :)

Any ideas you can think of keep posting em. I'll try to get as much into the program as possible. One drawback is that I only have shitty accounts that I make to test programs on. If anyone has a crappy account that has items in areas I'll need to implement, I'd be grateful :p

oh yeah of course the closet, neodeck and storage shed would be possible too. I would like the ability to be able to select certain ones (with say, a check box) though as i keep all my NC items in the closet and this would interfere with the program as they cannot be priced very easily/or at all.

Also another possibility just for 'values' sake, maybe have the option to price the stamp album too. For instance, have the program scan all stamps in the album, then give you an estimate on how much you've spent on the album. This would help in pricing an account for sale.

I'll make sure it's configurable on what gets priced :) I gotta ask though, what's a NC item? :p

Edited by Sida, 10 October 2011 - 02:51 AM.

#14 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

Thanks, worked awesomely (:

One little problem was that it priced all pieces of my (partial) SLM set as the same, cheapest, piece, but yeah, that was a minor thing. ^^

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

If by just for PCs you mean Windows, it's actually Java but I wrapped it into an exe. I'd be happy to upload the jar if you're using another operating system :)

Any ideas you can think of keep posting em. I'll try to get as much into the program as possible. One drawback is that I only have shitty accounts that I make to test programs on. If anyone has a crappy account that has items in areas I'll need to implement, I'd be grateful :p

I'll make sure it's configurable on what gets priced :) I gotta ask though, what's a NC item? :p

NC item is an Neocash item. You pay real money for those and they arent classed under NP items. Hence why they wouldnt be able to be priced.

One little problem was that it priced all pieces of my (partial) SLM set as the same, cheapest, piece, but yeah, that was a minor thing. ^^

Not sure if you can get around it pricing it like that (the secret lab map pieces) unless you can do something with item ID's?

#16 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

Ah yeah this would be a problem :( Unfortunately from what I can see there's no way to get the item ID from the safety deposit box without interacting with the item. The only way I could see to combat this without having to interact with every item in the SDB is to store the image URL of the item (as that seems to be the only differing factor), and if codex finds multiple items with an identical name then I could look up the ID of that specific url and search that way.

I'll take a look when I get home :)

#17 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Amazing program! I find this very useful - thank you! c:

#18 desiqtie

desiqtie
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

If by just for PCs you mean Windows, it's actually Java but I wrapped it into an exe. I'd be happy to upload the jar if you're using another operating system

Well I (unfortunately) thanks to work/school had to switch to a Mac running OS X about 8 months ago - so yeah, still trying to figure out how to get anything to work.

Also, since we're randomly throwing in things that could be priced :D - how about the pets on the account? Nooo idea how that would work though...unless you could manually put in a price? Also, the clothes/wearables that are actually being worn by the pets could maybe be included. I don't know how many people actually have them, but maybe price TCG cards in the TCG album?

#19 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Well I (unfortunately) thanks to work/school had to switch to a Mac running OS X about 8 months ago - so yeah, still trying to figure out how to get anything to work.

Also, since we're randomly throwing in things that could be priced :D - how about the pets on the account? Nooo idea how that would work though...unless you could manually put in a price? Also, the clothes/wearables that are actually being worn by the pets could maybe be included. I don't know how many people actually have them, but maybe price TCG cards in the TCG album?

Java can run on all platforms, so if I upload the original Jar file you'll be able to run the program as long as you have Java installed. I'll do that in a minute :)

I'll start working on the program as soon as I can and I'll just add features as I get to them. I'll probably post a list of what's included after I've done quite a few incase more need to be added.

Amazing program! I find this very useful - thank you! c:

You're welcome :]

Edit: You can find the Jar file attached to this post.

Attached Files

#20 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Nice, look forward to trying it out:)

#21 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

It will only let you know item prices and the total. It's really for people who have a shit load of SDB items and want to know if theres anything valuable sitting in there.

Glad it worked :p I want to make something a bit more useful (profitable or whatever) but I swear everything is already done lol.

Awesome. This is perfect for my SDB...I have a bunch of items from packrat in there but there's a few expensive items hiding in there that I don't want to manually find through all those pages. Cool program, thanks for sharing it!

#22 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Awesome. This is perfect for my SDB...I have a bunch of items from packrat in there but there's a few expensive items hiding in there that I don't want to manually find through all those pages. Cool program, thanks for sharing it!

There's a good point. Maybe I should display the page that the item is on?

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Very very nice program, if anyone wants to make a program to buy items for the packrat avatar in C# here's my uncompleted source code.

Edited by Adam, 10 October 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

There's a good point. Maybe I should display the page that the item is on?

not a bad idea. Ill show you a screenie of what Inkhearts program shows you once its done too, so you can get an idea of what i mean with the layout.

#25 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Very very nice program, if anyone wants to make a program to buy items for the packrat avatar in C# here's my uncompleted source code.

I'm not sure if you've uploaded the wrong version or something but that's only a form and wrapper :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users