SOTW Templates

14 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys i just thought i would put this up (thanks for the idea from soul__stealer) to help with the people who would be running the current SOTW comps.

These are three templates that should be copied and pasted into three separate threads each time we make a new SOTW competition.

First off should be the SOTW entry thread (which details when it starts/ends, current theme, link to the rules thread and any prizes that may be awarded at the end of the comp.)

Here goes:

1st Template to be used to kick off the current SOTW comp:

Starts: *add start date or just simply put, NOW*

Entries Due: 12:00 AM (NST or thereabouts, depending on time zone of the thread creator) 5-6 days from the start (preferably ending on a Friday)

Voting Ends: 12:00AM (NST or thereabouts, depending on the time zone of the thread creator) 2 days after the Entries are closed (preferably ending on a Sunday)

Theme: *theme category goes here*

*Brief description of the theme if you wish*

Please read the Rules before sending in your entry.

Complete list of rules found HERE and we encourage the reading of the full rules so as not to be caught out doing something wrong.

Prizes:

*List of prizes goes here (preferably with a picture and the U/name of the person who is to be donating it)*

2nd Template to be used in the SOTW Voting thread:

Before voting, please be sure that you have read the rules regarding the voting process found HERE

*Number the signatures from 1 - however many there are. Along with including an image of each signature (making sure they're hosted on an anonymous image hosting site (NOT PHOTOBUCKET)*

Voting Closes: *(add in the closing date here)*

*be sure to create a PUBLIC poll and have it numbered with the corresponding signature numbers, making sure to keep an eye on all the votes throughout the voting process, if you notice anything suspicious, PM a mod/admin OR myself*

3rd Template to be used to announce the winners AND to showcase the rest of the entries along with their corresponding U/names who created the signatures:

Here's the winners! Congrats to all who won and well done to all who entered!

1st Place goes to:

*image of the sig goes here with the U/name next to it*

2nd Place goes to:

*image of the sig goes here with the U/name next to it*

3rd Place goes to:

*image of the sig with the U/name next to it*

Winning entrants please PM the person supplying the prize you're entitled to, to receive it.

*be sure to add in a spoiler tag to showcase the rest of the entries and their U/names*

[ spoiler ]*remaining entries go here*[ / spoiler ]

^

*be sure to remove the spaces in between the [] brackets so it looks like this*

Spoiler

*And we're done. If you have any issues with inputting ANY of the above info, please feel free to PM myself or a mod/admin.*

Edited by Strategist, 08 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yes sir and thank you very much good sir. (secret message to strat)

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Yes sir and thank you very much good sir. (secret message to strat)

No problems good sir ;) *licks noits armpit again* hehe soul and I thought there should be a bit more 'help' for newer members if they are running the SOTW. Lets see how she goes eh? ;)

#4 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

fanks, can you colour co-ordinate it and put in nice fonts too? that would make it sooo much easier lol !

but honestly, herp derp, thanks for the help. babying me this week :')

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

fanks, can you colour co-ordinate it and put in nice fonts too? that would make it sooo much easier lol !

but honestly, herp derp, thanks for the help. babying me this week :')

haha no probs ill give it a shot for you. give me 5 mins

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Fuck him. It's just a guide on how it should be setup/laid out. Let them how a little artistic flair... They're suppose to be budding gfx artists after all ;)

haha yeah maybe, but still, it is nice to have it laid out in this thread too, just as an example. People can change the colours etc i dont mind as long as the Template is generally uniform all the way through each thread as outlined above.

Edited by Strategist, 09 October 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

Internet is srs bsns (aka I wa joking)

Good job on the thread though, hopefully this will make things just that little more clearer.

i knew that, duh...... ;)

And yeah i hope it does too. It seems that the SOTW is back on track too, going by last round. It was good to see people enjoying it AND following the rules XD

Edited by Strategist, 09 October 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#8 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

very well done straty boy! thanks for this!

*licks noits armpit again*

i just virtually smelled punks. we are a goddamn bunch of sickos here!

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

very well done straty boy! thanks for this!

i just virtually smelled punks. we are a goddamn bunch of sickos here!

haha no probs lis XD

and yeah ikr we are a bunch of sick bastards *tard waves*

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

No problems good sir ;) *licks noits armpit again* hehe soul and I thought there should be a bit more 'help' for newer members if they are running the SOTW. Lets see how she goes eh? ;)

HAHAHAHHHAHA *licks strats armit some more too*

#11 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

HAHAHAHHHAHA *licks strats armit some more too*

you are the sickest.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

you are the sickest.

Yeah, because he licked Strat's pits, and we all know Strat is a hard working, sweaty man. His pits must be horrible.

I like these templates. It really helps a lot. Whenever I ran the competition, I'd just copy and past whatever Strat had written before and add my own personal embellishments, so this is ideal for someone like me.

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, because he licked Strat's pits, and we all know Strat is a hard working, sweaty man. His pits must be horrible.

*smells punks armpits*

I like these templates. It really helps a lot. Whenever I ran the competition, I'd just copy and past whatever Strat had written before and add my own personal embellishments, so this is ideal for someone like me.

i think that's what he made this for :p
i liked your text a lot tho on that rock'n'roll sotw. you should win again so you can use this template.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users