44 replies to this topic

#26 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

Me neither.
*thread dies*

The problem is that the issue you're describing is very subjective. If, in a thread about, for example, who the best musician ever is, somebody replied "Justin Bieber", that would be bad because most people know that Justin Bieber is a strange child with very little actual talent other than making young girls feel tingly in their underpants and scream excessively. If, however, in that same thread, somebody replied "Jim Morrison", that would be fine because everybody knows that Jim Morrison is one of the best musicians to have ever lived. :/

#27 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

The problem is that the issue you're describing is very subjective. If, in a thread about, for example, who the best musician ever is, somebody replied "Justin Bieber", that would be bad because most people know that Justin Bieber is a strange child with very little actual talent other than making young girls feel tingly in their underpants and scream excessively. If, however, in that same thread, somebody replied "Jim Morrison", that would be fine because everybody knows that Jim Morrison is one of the best musicians to have ever lived. :/

Nuh uh. Just saying "Jim Morrison" is almost as bad as just saying "Justin Bieber" because there was an missed opportunity to talk about Morrison's badass rock and roll hair and perky nipples.

#28 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

I feel like not all the post I make count to my total. I don't post in the chit-chat forum so I don't think that's the issue, but sometimes I make a post or a topic but my total doesn't go up. Is this a common issue?

Chit chat and other shit doesn't change ur post count smh

-____-

if u want advanced your going to have to not spam post or pay for it

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

its not too expensive tho

#29 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

General Entertainment IS considered a spam section and I find that there are fewer active advanced members in general entertainment as opposed to in general chat or general debate even.

Why can't someone love neocodex AND also want to get advanced membership (and make that desire known)? To me the "I hate people who try for advanced membership because it seems like they're only doing it for the advanced membership" argument smacks of fanboyism (all of this imo obviously). If I can make 500 dedicated posts then that would probably mean I at the very least don't hate the site, and if I care about the site enough to want to make it a better place, I would propose active changes for it.

-Why aren't some of the non-count forums labeled as such?
I think they should be labeled consistently at least for consistency reasons

-Why isn't general entertainment a counted forum?
I think it should be along with a sticky about low content posts. I'm sure there's already some lively music/anime discussion and I feel like that could only get better.

The post count I think is a huge incentive on this site. People CAN like the site while also managing their post count. Hey if a user's clever enough to consider both power to him.

Just my opinion please don't ban me

#30 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

Tbh, if I'd joined the site for the programs I'd care only about post count. I joined Overclockers forums because at a certain number of "good" posts you get free next day delivery. I posted many times but I didn't give a shit about anything but the delivery. None of my posts were spam. It's not so strange to think that people are posting just to get program features. Not everyone wants to be an active member of codex.

#31 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Post count means nothing. I don't care if someone is here just for the programs, but I feel if you're posting to a obtain a certain post count (which, as I've said, means nothing) and then you bother someone to create a voting thread for you to become advanced, I will vote 'no'. It's not me being elitist. It's me recognising an asshole when I see one.

#32 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for all the input guys and girls. It's definitely been enlightening. My questions are all answered; unless people have questions on a similar tangent, I think we can close this thread.

Cheers,
willy101

#33 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Nuh uh. Just saying "Jim Morrison" is almost as bad as just saying "Justin Bieber" because there was an missed opportunity to talk about Morrison's badass rock and roll hair and perky nipples.

don't forget about his impressive beard!!

Posted Image

am i the only one who likes him better with that it?

#34 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

am i the only one who likes him better with that it?

Yes. Onlyyou.

#35 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Yes. Onlyyou.

Lonelyme :(

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

What do I get at 15,000 posts?

#37 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

General Entertainment IS considered a spam section and I find that there are fewer active advanced members in general entertainment as opposed to in general chat or general debate even.

Why can't someone love neocodex AND also want to get advanced membership (and make that desire known)? To me the "I hate people who try for advanced membership because it seems like they're only doing it for the advanced membership" argument smacks of fanboyism (all of this imo obviously). If I can make 500 dedicated posts then that would probably mean I at the very least don't hate the site, and if I care about the site enough to want to make it a better place, I would propose active changes for it.

-Why aren't some of the non-count forums labeled as such?
I think they should be labeled consistently at least for consistency reasons

-Why isn't general entertainment a counted forum?
I think it should be along with a sticky about low content posts. I'm sure there's already some lively music/anime discussion and I feel like that could only get better.

The post count I think is a huge incentive on this site. People CAN like the site while also managing their post count. Hey if a user's clever enough to consider both power to him.

Just my opinion please don't ban me

Thats only because there are more active people on general chat/general debate overall.

If you love neocodex then an advance membership comes your way without you trying or worrying about your posts.

It doesnt matter, and if you really want to know, post something and check it out.

Its an incentive to spam and make posts randomly.

What do I get at 15,000 posts?

A BJ from this emote Posted Image

Spoiler

#38 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thats only because there are more active people on general chat/general debate overall.

If you love neocodex then an advance membership comes your way without you trying or worrying about your posts.

It doesnt matter, and if you really want to know, post something and check it out.

Its an incentive to spam and make posts randomly.

Well maybe there shouldn't be an entertainment section then... part of the fun of discussing gossip is that there are a lot of people to discuss it with...

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

Well maybe there shouldn't be an entertainment section then... part of the fun of discussing gossip is that there are a lot of people to discuss it with...

Yeah we should probably just put everything into one section. Good plan.

#40 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

Yeah we should probably just put everything into one section. Good plan.

Do it! Create a single thread in a single forum and enforce a new rule that everything about anything must be posted in it. Best thread ever.

#41 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

Do it! Create a single thread in a single forum and enforce a new rule that everything about anything must be posted in it. Best thread ever.

Then make it so posts don't count towards your post count just to annoy the OP?

#42 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

Then make it so posts don't count towards your post count just to annoy the OP?

In a thread like that no one would give a shit about post count :p

#43 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

You don't seem to get the fact that the number of actual "real" posts won't change whether or not posts count or not.
And if you don't like the entertainment section and want it removed then go ahead close this thread and don't go into entertainment anymore, as there are other people who enjoy that section.

#44 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

You don't seem to get the fact that the number of actual "real" posts won't change whether or not posts count or not.
And if you don't like the entertainment section and want it removed then go ahead close this thread and don't go into entertainment anymore, as there are other people who enjoy that section.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding your answer or I was clear enough. This isn't a matter of real posts or post count. I just don't see any reason to split off entertainment given how few people post in it. For example, the I LOVE DOCUMENTARIES topic (http://www.neocodex....-documentaries/) wouldn't have gotten anywhere near as many views in entertainment. So rather than worry about how many people are going to respond to my cartoon topic, if we combine the sections I think we'll have much more lively discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users