Photo

This is seriously screwed up.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

I came upon this news just earlier today, and I thought I would share it because it sounded so unbelievable. Even animals do not deserve to be treated with such callousness and disregard. Linked footage is somewhat graphic and NSFW, so watch at your own discretion. English captions available. Please press the CC button to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zaBRpIsR8&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLtounXIUQS6zb9acZ70orCg

For those who are unable to stomach watching the clip, below are several links of news reports covering this incident:

http://china.org.cn/...nt_23641415.htm

http://www.thestar.c...article/1071012

http://news.xinhuane...c_131196451.htm

http://www.telegraph...-on-street.html

http://thelede.blogs...toddlers-death/

Edited by pawsies, 17 October 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

I can't personally watch something like this. If anyone else feels uncomfortable please report it and I will unapprove this.

#3 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Ugh that is so disturbing >___>

#4 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

So?

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

So?

Me and t were just talking about how we never see anything more then a coupple words from you and we were both in shock at your topic post!! HAHA

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

Apparently there's a law in China that if somebody took the girl to the hospital they would be held responsible for what happened so if it's true that would be a huge disincentive to help anybody. :/

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:53 AM

So the driver hit her once then ran over her again to make sure she was dead out of sympathy?

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

So the driver hit her once then ran over her again to make sure she was dead out of sympathy?

How else would he be able to get away from the situation? They either had to go forwards or go backwards, the result would be the same either way. It certainly wasn't out of sympathy, they were fleeing the scene of a crime to try to avoid getting caught.

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

Reason why it was removed was it makes more then just me queasy. If you guys really really want it back I can put it back.

#10 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Reason why it was removed was it makes more then just me queasy. If you guys really really want it back I can put it back.

Hi, I apologize if I broke any rules putting up the clip. Is it alright if I just put up the link to it instead, or is that not allowed as well? I really think more people need to know and read about this incident so that something can be done to change the worsening social situation over in China.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi, I apologize if I broke any rules putting up the clip. Is it alright if I just put up the link to it instead, or is that not allowed as well? I really think more people need to know and read about this incident so that something can be done to change the worsening social situation over in China.

Yeah I guess that's fair. We can have the vid maybe just in a more clear disclaimer.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-15331773

It's also on the BBC now.

The child, Yue Yue, was taken to hospital for emergency surgery but pronounced brain dead on Sunday, the China Daily reported.

The drivers of both vehicles have now been arrested, the newspaper said, but the incident has also triggered outcry among Chinese citizens

The China Daily reported incidents in January in which elderly men who fell in the street were left alone because people did not want to get involved.

It cited an earlier case in which a man, Peng Yu, who helped an injured elderly lady to hospital was then found by a court to be liable for some of her medical costs.

Another case - in which an elderly woman believed to have fallen in the road accused a man, Xu Yunhe, who stopped to help her, of hitting her with his car - also attracted considerable attention.

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

This is why the good Samaritan law exists in america.

You didn't break any rules >.>

#14 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Yeah I guess that's fair. We can have the vid maybe just in a more clear disclaimer.

Uh, I'm not really sure what you mean by a more clear disclaimer since I have already indicated graphic content, but I certainly won't mind if you edit my post and add in any warnings that I have failed to include. Also, is it possible to just show the link of the video? I tried to use the 'insert link' icon but it just embedded the entire video automatically into the post itself.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

Uh, I'm not really sure what you mean by a more clear disclaimer since I have already indicated graphic content, but I certainly won't mind if you edit my post and add in any warnings that I have failed to include. Also, is it possible to just show the link of the video? I tried to use the 'insert link' icon but it just embedded the entire video automatically into the post itself.

Big, red, bold and underlined, people have no excuse for not seeing that. :p

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

While I find this appalling, I am sadly not surprised. This is one of the social phenomena that you learn about if you go through much training in the medical profession or as an emergency responder. While many people are educated on CPR and other life-saving techniques, most will not help when the time arises for selfish reasons. In too much of a hurry, fear of personal liability.What I find hard to understand is that this little girl was wandering alone in the street in the first place. Apparently her mother wasn't far away, since she came right to the scene when that woman found her and called for help. How did so many minutes pass without the mother even checking on the kid?

#17 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

How else would he be able to get away from the situation? They either had to go forwards or go backwards, the result would be the same either way. It certainly wasn't out of sympathy, they were fleeing the scene of a crime to try to avoid getting caught.

They could have moved her out of the road...
Thats horrible :(

#18 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

@Waser Lave: Thanks for the edit. Next time I will bold it, underline it and add freaking sparkles all over it if I have to, lol.

Just in from shanghaiist:

Meanwhile, the first driver who knocked down Yueyue has also been apprehended by the police. Chinese media reports say he had just broken up with his girlfriend and was on his cell phone when he hit the girl.
Said the driver over the phone to the media before surrendering to the police, "If she is dead, I may pay only about 20,000 yuan ($3,125). But if she is injured, it may cost me hundreds of thousands yuan."

I hope that driver gets lynched by the outraged public.

#19 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

If she is dead, I may pay only about 20,000 yuan ($3,125). But if she is injured, it may cost me hundreds of thousands yuan."

What makes that sentence horrible is the "ONLY PAY ABOUT"

#20 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

This is fucked up. How can a countries laws be so bad that this shit happens?

#21 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

This is fucked up. How can a countries laws be so bad that this shit happens?

I doubt driving over toddlers is lawful driving in whichever Asian country that happened inCHINA.

#22 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

I doubt driving over toddlers is lawful driving in whichever Asian country that happened inCHINA.

Okay, that's totally what I meant lol.

#23 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Okay, that's totally what I meant lol.

What did you mean then?

#24 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

According to BBC, she was hit by two DIFFERENT vehicles!! How the SECOND vehicle did not avoid her is UNBELIEVABLE to me!!! Fine, the driver doesn't want to stop and help, but to run her over AGAIN!?! I'm so incredibly angry that no words can possibly describe this. I cannot believe those passersby. Every time something like this happens, I think "What if it were MY relative there?" I would certainly want someone to help, and so I would help that person.. And not to blame the mother because there's no way she ever dreamed this could happen, but who leaves a 2-year old alone, in a hardware shop no less! The kid could have easily killed herself right in there by having something fall on her. Hindsight is 20/20, and that action was not wise at all.

#25 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

In China especially, most people dare to help. It could be a faker who, if you help them, will later charge you with injuring them, and you'll have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars. For helping them!!!
Its been on the news several times where something like this occurs, like an old lady who fell down got helped by a biker, and then she later blamed the biker for having hit her and was charged alot of money.

Most people are afraid to help cause they're afraid they'll be blamed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users