Photo

BD Set Ideas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

I am creating basic sets to help newcomers to the Battledome. These sets are not perfect--alternative weapons and shields may exist that perform better against certain opponents; however, these are a solid starting point.

1P - Even Stats

Posted Image

1P - Lab Rat (no defense)
Posted Image

2P - League Builds
[coming soon - use http://www.neopets.com/~Yerkosh in the meantime]

Edited by Abunaidesuka, 13 November 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

I like like like like like lilke like like like.
Will stop all the people from asking more of these questions.

I wouldn't call a Prickly Potion/Voidberry Potion a bomb because it really isnt a "bomb".
For lowerlevels before honey potions I used to just buy muffins.

Another freezer could be the snowglobe staff.

A stealer equip column would also be nice.

IMO, upgrade 0.4 icons from Ylanas to WoR or BoD for 1m is pretty bad, why not just move up to SoS/KBT.
Your 20m isnt that much different from the 10m, you should change it to maybe 40mil so you can add stuff like H4000.
Its also worth mentioning Downsize!, better healers, more 100% of one icon shields.

Extra reference:
http://www.neopets.com/~garmfry

Edited by Junsu, 12 November 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#3 iPengu

iPengu
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Lacks dual SuAP. nice though.

KLP is 99k though, 150k is WAY over paying, I've seen tons for 99k on the wiz

#4 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

I wouldn't call a Prickly Potion/Voidberry Potion a bomb because it really isnt a "bomb".

Yeah, I added in the "/Misc" part to that for that purpose ... may need to rearrange the columns a bit.

For lowerlevels before honey potions I used to just buy muffins.

I'm not a fan of Honey Potion at all--too much money for few icons; Muffins are good, but Prickly/Voidberry potion is better when maxing out a challenger. I personally find re-equipping after each fight an annoyance.

Another freezer could be the snowglobe staff.

Forgot about her; thanks. Edit: looking back at my list I realize why ... RFFR is a better option than Snowglobe Staff.

A stealer equip column would also be nice.

I find the sticky hands to be worse than just attacking [at lower stats]. By the time you steal an item (which is junk on many challenger), you could have dealt/defended a great deal of damage.

IMO, upgrade 0.4 icons from Ylanas to WoR or BoD for 1m is pretty bad, why not just move up to SoS/KBT.
Your 20m isnt that much different from the 10m, you should change it to maybe 40mil so you can add stuff like H4000.
Its also worth mentioning Downsize!, better healers, more 100% of one icon shields.

It is a minor upgrade in terms of raw damage, but the icon types are also upgraded in the process; though, I do agree it is hard to justify the upgrade, at least it can be resold for nearly an identical value/possible profit if a war is nea.

I didn't like the difference between 20m and 10m because all I could think of really upgrading for the minimal price difference was PCH. Now that you mention it though, going back to YB and BLSoWS and dropping the HP would free up enough room for a H4k. I will update the list in a moment.

I also debated creating a 40m+ set, but at that point the player should have an understanding of the BD; if someone needs help after that, it is probably best they create a post asking for it.

Edit Updated a few of the sets.

Edited by Abunaidesuka, 13 November 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#5 DreadPirateRoberts

DreadPirateRoberts
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

i have never BD'd before so just a qucik question, which category of items are 1 use items?
like is a Gbomb 1 use?

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

i have never BD'd before so just a qucik question, which category of items are 1 use items?
like is a Gbomb 1 use?

Bombs = 1 use per battle, but you can use them multiple battles.

#7 DreadPirateRoberts

DreadPirateRoberts
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

oh okay that makes a lot more sense

#8 Vyers

Vyers
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

not bad, i like what you are doing here.
i have a few suggestions, but ill wait until later before posting them... about to go stuff my face with dinner.
cant wait to see what you do for the 2p sets!

#9 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

Just to add some for 1p which is a bit more pet species specific type..

I got myself a lupe and that immediately solved the 100% freezer from the start. It cost about 15k for Ancient Lupe Wand.

I started with at 1m set:

Constant 1 : Hanso Charisma Charm (600k)
Constant 2: Ramtors Spellbook (130k)
Shield 1: Downsize! (5k)
Shield 2: Leaf Shield (15k)
Freezer: Ancient Lupe Wand (15k)
Bomb/Misc: nil
Healing: Greater Healing Scroll (85k)
Misc: nil

next upgrades would be to change Constant 2 into either one of the following Ylanas Blaster/Wand of Reality/Bow of Destiny

and follow up with GBomb or maybe a non-fragile 100% Freezer..

#10 pwnful13371

pwnful13371
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

MMOM > H4k if you have the nps.

#11 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I only ever participate in 1-P battles, so I was wondering if the HNMS would be a good shield for my lab rat?

#12 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hey guys! You can check out this link: http://battlepedia.t...ic-weapon-sets/
It gives you ideas about different sets you can use with the budget you have. (Ranging from newbie to super elite BDers)
Have fun experimenting :)

#13 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

The only thing I dislike about that, Progoo3, is the fact that the difference between Intermediate and Advanced is 40mil XD How about a little love for those of us who lie in between there?

#14 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

The only thing I dislike about that, Progoo3, is the fact that the difference between Intermediate and Advanced is 40mil XD How about a little love for those of us who lie in between there?

Thats where I lie too! You really need not strictly stick to those suggested sets per say. I personally combined some equipment from both sets. For example, I use Ylanas Blaster (most cost efficient medium class weapon IMO) instead of the Golden Compass, and a Ghostkerbomb instead of the rainbow grundo. Other than those 2, my set leans towards the Intermediate set. This enables me to have the "kick" of an advanced set, while not spending so much on defense and healing since my pet is not that powerful anyway.

#15 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hey guys! You can check out this link: http://battlepedia.t...ic-weapon-sets/
It gives you ideas about different sets you can use with the budget you have. (Ranging from newbie to super elite BDers)
Have fun experimenting :)

awesome, thanks for the link, got alot on my mind now haha

#16 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

All you need is 2 scarab rings.

#17 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thats where I lie too! You really need not strictly stick to those suggested sets per say. I personally combined some equipment from both sets. For example, I use Ylanas Blaster (most cost efficient medium class weapon IMO) instead of the Golden Compass, and a Ghostkerbomb instead of the rainbow grundo. Other than those 2, my set leans towards the Intermediate set. This enables me to have the "kick" of an advanced set, while not spending so much on defense and healing since my pet is not that powerful anyway.

Ah! Okay, I get it.

#18 pens87

pens87
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

get a g bomb haha

#19 instorb

instorb
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thanks I needed to figure this out too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic