Quantcast

Photo

Thinking about leaving my hot, rich, Asian girlfriend.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

She's basically perfect and gives me whatever I want. The only problem is, I don't really like her and we don't have much in common. She doesn't want to break up, and it would be devastating to her, so it makes me feel extremely guilty to be with her but not really care about our relationship.

It gets pretty complicated, but I need to know if I should stick with her, or break up.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

How hot and rich are we talking here?

#3 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

How hot and rich are we talking here?

#4 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

She's basically perfect and gives me whatever I want. The only problem is, I don't really like her and we don't have much in common. She doesn't want to break up, and it would be devastating to her, so it makes me feel extremely guilty to be with her but not really care about our relationship.

It gets pretty complicated, but I need to know if I should stick with her, or break up.

You should tell her to send me a box of cookies <3

But on a (more) serious note-- if you live off of her money (since she's "rich"), then breaking up with her obviously isn't a smart idea cX
If you really don't like her though, you should probably break up with her since it won't bring either of you (real) happiness o:

#5 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Her father is a paediatrician in Japan and he owns his own practice, pharmacy, and daycare, so the family has plenty of money.

She works on Wall St, and makes plenty of money.

#6 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

She's basically perfect

we don't have much in common

So..are you calling yourself a piece of shit?

#7 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

You should tell her to send me a box of cookies <3

But on a (more) serious note-- if you live off of her money (since she's "rich"), then breaking up with her obviously isn't a smart idea cX
If you really don't like her though, you should probably break up with her since it won't bring either of you (real) happiness o:

There's a delicate balance there. I get everything I need for free. But there's just that void in my soul, you know? I can't say I would be happier moving back in with my parents.

What kind of cookies would you like?

So..are you calling yourself a piece of shit?

That's what it comes down to. The only that makes me less shitty is that I'm thinking about coming clean and being honest.

#8 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

If you don't love her (which you haven't said yet), leave her. You don't need her money. Since I applaude your honesty, I'll only say that I consider my integrity worth more than any material good--for no good reason at all.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

If you don't love her (which you haven't said yet), leave her. You don't need her money. Since I applaude your honesty, I'll only say that I consider my integrity worth more than any material good--for no good reason at all.

Pretty much this. If you don't even like her then it's not really fair on her . :/

#10 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I would have to agree with you Waser and Amagius, but she makes it very hard for me to leave her. It's too much to walk away from. And I don't really have anywhere to go.

We have plans to go to Japan for New Year's. Should I break it off before then or go on vacation then leave?

#11 Foe

Foe
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

I would have to agree with you Waser and Amagius, but she makes it very hard for me to leave her. It's too much to walk away from. And I don't really have anywhere to go.

We have plans to go to Japan for New Year's. Should I break it off before then or go on vacation then leave?

You sound like you need her support >.>

If you do plan on leaving her, you should prob leave her before the vacation.

#12 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

She will be devastated no matter what (I believe economists call that a sunk cost). Breaking up with her before or after won't significantly affect the situation, unless she realizes you stayed for the travel.

You feel guilty because you are with her, but don't care about the relationship. From personal experience, the wake of your relationship is directly related to how shitty the relationship got. What I mean is that if you hold onto someone from those extrinsic reasons and y'all aren't vibing anymore, you'll both leave it grimmer and with half the bridge burning.

You don't like her? When you say you don't like her, how so? You don't 'like' her, as in finding her attractive? Or, you don't like certain character traits? (Love is perfection in the imperfect. Love isn't about being unaware of that shit that annoys the piss out of you, but hating the fuck out of what she does butshelooksbeautifuldoingit. [IMO, /cheesylove])

You have nothing in common? What traits between you two seem so dissimilar? Is this something recent?

Also, you said you have no where else to go. I feel that begs, "What do you want?" America is a beautiful place and it requires only a small amount of effort to secure heat and shelter. I take it that you don't want to become a bohemian, but you have no reason to feel guilt. You can't change what your heart wants--but you'll have to acknowledge what it wants eventually.

#13 mrstollery

mrstollery
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I'll trade places with you right now? :shifty:

#14 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

PERFECT GIRL: I DONT LIKE HER.

Just be like, I think we should break up.
Honestly, you're the perfect girl, but we just don't have much in common.
I really want it to work, but I dont think I can make it work, we're just too different.

#15 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

When it aint there, it aint there.

#16 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

Milk that bitch for all she's worth.

#17 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

When it aint there, it aint there.

Agreed. If you aren't interested in the relationship, you'll only hurt her more in the end if you keep stringing her on. If you know you don't want to be with her, then end it now.

#18 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Whatever you do, commit one way or another. I've been hurt before where I was in that position, where she wanted to end it but I tried to make it work out. There was an awkward couple of weeks that led to me getting hurt way worse than if it had been a clean break. Really though, if the feelings aren't there, get out. It probably really sucks to hear that, but if you're not happy, its not worth it.

Regarding the vacation- There is no good time to break it off. Obviously, you want to go on that trip. But would she be taking you if you two weren't going out? Also, breaking up right afterwards is a terrible idea too. You'll make her feel used. The best bet might be to break it off now, giving her ample time to figure out a replacement if the tickets are already booked. :/ That way she wont feel used. Also, the longer you drag it out, the more complicated it can become.

#19 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hmm...there is absolutely nothing there? Why dont wou just try...tell her everything. Be brutally honest. Try to find common ground. Idk..give it one last try?
If all else fails, break it off.

#20 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Thinking about leaving my hot, rich, Asian girlfriend. Need some advice.

Don't.

#21 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Pretty much this. If you don't even like her then it's not really fair on her . :/

This.

Advice: Stop leading her on, since you're delaying the inevitable I suppose.
And a pro-tip if you care: Prioritize actually liking the person over the other stuff next time.

But I don't know your situation too well, so meh. Take it or leave it. :p

#22 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

Tell her you play Neopets. Then take it from there.

#23 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Tell her you play Neopets.

What does that have to do with anything?

#24 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

What does that have to do with anything?

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1525225

#25 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Tell her you play Neopets. Then take it from there.

Posted Image

this....... I............

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users