Some Programs Removed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

I believe that this quick announcement needs to be made before too many posts on the forum appear about it.

Some of you may be noticing some missing programs from the Program Manager. The explanation goes like this: When we bring programmers on the team, we tell them that the projects they create are their intellectual property, in that if they are no longer happy with something, they can revoke our "license" to distribute their programs. Many sites do not have anything like this -- I recall that a number of our competitors took complete ownership of a programmer's code after they submit it to the site and we do not.

This is what occurred in the case of iargue's programs, which is why the programs are no longer being listed in the Program Manager. As there is still some dispute about the co-contributed programs, things can still be subject to change.

We regret that it had to resort to the complete removal of these programs.

- Neocodex Administration

------------------------------

Because I can see this topic turning into a problem, discussion is closed. Feel free to discuss the matter off-site or in PM (in a civilized way) if you wish, but this is what is happening officially. There's nothing really more to be negotiated, rationalized or discussed and hopefully we can put this behind us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users