Photo

A bit more help with proxxies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mitchdevano

mitchdevano
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I have read some of the proxxy guides and tutorials here on the site and they were very good at telling you what to do.
I want to go ahead and give what I can while trying to keep it simple enough to understand.

First thing I want to talk about is the type of browser you are using. Depending on what browser you are using typing in a proxy could be completely useless and misleading. A few of popular browsers out right now are still constantly being developed.

What to look for when Looking for a proxy
TYPES
HTTP- Say ya cant get into some town because the guards dont like your car. Well using a HTTP proxy is like putting a cardboard model of a Mercedes over your POS.
SOCKS- Say you are at school, and ya wanna browse some busty asian babes. Well ya can't because your school has a firewall. a SOCKS proxy is like the ugly friend of the girl you like. You go the ugly girl and chit chat with her so ya can meet the pretty girl.
SOCKS5 - This is similar to SOCKS however this one needs a verification in order for someone to use it. So this time the ugly girl demands a present...

Google Chrome - If you plan on browsing a forum that you may of been banned from, well that's just fine and dandy.Perhaps you would like to NOT be banned from said forum. That's alright too. However if you would like bot the living crap out of an account on neopets on the same computer you play you'r main on. Well from my personal experience I would not do this..
Why?! Well because Google chrome's proxy settings are very persnickety and fidgety.
((( To enable a proxy for google chrome simply go to the wrench icon --> options ---> Under the hood ----> change proxy settings ---> LAN settings. )))
The Google team did not design the browser to be used in this way. It was designed to be simple, fast, and clean. So sometimes if you enter a proxxy into your browser it may not even give two flying craps. You'r ip will still appear and link to your main neopets account. An older method of changing the proxy was to enter a command line. To do this you would right click chrome and paste --proxy-server=<host>:<port> right at the end. Replace host with the Hosts IP and the port with well... the port.
( I will revise and edit more when I have more time available to me.)

FIREFOX

this tutorial/guide is not nearly complete however I am currently using a Library computer and have no other way to save my data since submitting forms is disabled here. irony huh.

#2 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Is this aimed at children? I only ask because of your use of bright colours and shallow metaphors to explain an otherwise simple concept.

If it is, consider adding pictures. Kids love pictures.

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

Yes, I would love some pictures pwease. And what's a Mercedes?
This needs to be a bit more idiot friendly I think. ;)

#4 penman815

penman815
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Nice guide, simple and informational, thanks

#5 Zioax

Zioax
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

so what can you put as a proxy for the programs?

#6 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

so what can you put as a proxy for the programs?

If you mean specific proxies there are a few good proxy sites listed on Georgina's Proxy Guide (which is a completed (and official?) guide xP; idunno why the OP decided that there should be a 2nd proxy guide) o: ~

It also explains the types of proxies there are along with the benefits to using them and how to use them ^__^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users