• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

So...after lurking on the Trading Boards for a while, i noticed that some people are/were selling "generated" items.
I was just curious as to what they were and whether buying them was a good idea.

#2 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

They were a bad idea to buy, as the items were obtained using glitches and in some cases, reproduced thousands of times...

Some of these glitches spawned MSPP TCGs, T-Tears etc

In MoST cases, generated items lead to account frozen

Oh! I see. Is there anyway to tell if someone is selling a generated item and passing it off as legit?

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Oh! I see. Is there anyway to tell if someone is selling a generated item and passing it off as legit?

Not really.

#4 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

Not really.

Ouch. Is it typical for people who purchased said items unknowingly to get iced?

#5 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

Ouch. Is it typical for people who purchased said items unknowingly to get iced?

If you purchased a generated item, yes, you will most likely be frozen. (I've seen people stay under the radar for a while, but once one person sees them and posts on the boards, it is over)

#6 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

No, its been months since the generating bug was patched. Nearly none of the items passed around now get people frozen.

All those MSPP (TCG) and SuAPs you see on Bd Chat? All generated, nearly every single one of them. Some more intelligent people have kept some impossible items (UACoD etc.) just for funsies.

#7 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

If you purchased a generated item, yes, you will most likely be frozen. (I've seen people stay under the radar for a while, but once one person sees them and posts on the boards, it is over)

that sucks! How do others in the boards know if its generated though?

#8 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

All those MSPP (TCG) and SuAPs you see on Bd Chat? All generated, nearly every single one of them.

All of the SuAP that have been on the BDC in the past month are legit ... in fact, I haven't seen an illegit one in a while.

that sucks! How do others in the boards know if its generated though?

You don't; which is why you do not buy from shells.

Edited by Abunaidesuka, 12 December 2011 - 08:31 AM.

#9 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

All of the SuAP that have been on the BDC in the past month are legit ... in fact, I haven't seen an illegit one in a while.

You don't; which is why you do not buy from shells.

How can you be so sure that none are illegitimate? I honestly cant tell the difference at all
My biggest fear is that I'll buy one and get my ass frozen faster then I can blink.

Edited by Pikachuu, 12 December 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#10 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

How can you be so sure that none are illegitimate? I honestly cant tell the difference at all
My biggest fear is that I'll buy one and get my ass frozen faster then I can blink.

Lets just say i know a few of those users as well as the history of their items. The MSPP (TCG) floating around I don't know about, though--I assume most of those are still illegit.

My rule of thumb is, I won't trade with anyone that does not have a decent BD pet (higher stats for higher ticket items [~10m item, at least 500HSD, 20m, at least 1kHSD, 50m+, at least 2.1kHSD].)

#11 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Lets just say i know a few of those users as well as the history of their items. The MSPP (TCG) floating around I don't know about, though--I assume most of those are still illegit.

My rule of thumb is, I won't trade with anyone that does not have a decent BD pet (higher stats for higher ticket items [~10m item, at least 500HSD, 20m, at least 1kHSD, 50m+, at least 2.1kHSD].)

Hmm...that is actually really good standard to use.
So..its better to look for legit accounts instead of shells?

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hmm...that is actually really good standard to use.
So..its better to look for legit accounts instead of shells?

You'd be better off just making your own shells and letting them age for a while.

#13 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

You'd be better off just making your own shells and letting them age for a while.

Understood. Do things like the MSPP TC restock anywhere? Is it impossible to come by them user the autobuyer? Or...is it a limited amount now?

#14 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Understood. Do things like the MSPP TC restock anywhere? Is it impossible to come by them user the autobuyer? Or...is it a limited amount now?

MSPP (TCG) and Stamps >100m are retired and will no longer restock anywhere.

#15 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Scot's Dream Set

UACoD
Skarls Sword
Hubrids Odial Sphere
Prismatic Mirror
Castle Defender's Shield
Moehog Skull
Eraser of the Dark Faerie

:drool:

Or alternatively

:drool: :drool: :drool:

#16 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

MSPP (TCG) and Stamps >100m are retired and will no longer restock anywhere.

Got it. The only way to get these is from other users.

Scot's Dream Set

UACoD
Skarls Sword
Hubrids Odial Sphere
Prismatic Mirror
Castle Defender's Shield
Moehog Skull

:drool:

Or alternatively

:drool: :drool: :drool:

hahahahaa nope!

Chia Flour
Chia Flour
Chia Flour

Morph em AND erase all their weapons Muahahahahaha

#17 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

I lol at how you think that makes you safe. If I am able to create my own items, buying a BD pet is a peace of cake.

#18 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

I lol at how you think that makes you safe. If I am able to create my own items, buying a BD pet is a peace of cake.

Hmm...i think his point was to discern between a shell account and a main account. Odds are, a person selling a generated item will keep it as far away from their main as possible. They will sell on a shell and maybe transfer NP between the two. The odds of someone wasting the energy to train a pet only to have it on a shell that may be frozen without notice is slim.

#19 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Nothing on Neo makes you safe, but it is a step better than buying from 1month old accounts that have one pet and have never fought a battle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users