• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

From Jellyneo.net

We're posting to let you all know that, unfortunately, Neopets: Treasure Keepers will be closing on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011. We apologise for the very short notice.

Important information regarding the closure:

- We do not have an exact time for the closure yet but as soon as we know we'll pass along the information to you.

- If you have unspent Facebook Credits, we're assured these are still good on other Facebook applications. You will not lose them.

- If you have any unclaimed achievement codes, the NTK redemption page here on Neopets.com will remain open so you can claim your prizes. Be sure to write down your codes ASAP so you have them before the game comes down.

We will also be sending out a virtual item code to all Neopets: Treasure Keepers players that can be redeemed at Grundo's Warehouse for a set of items and Neopoints. We know it doesn't make up for the closure, but we want to say thank you for all the support you've shown NTK over the past few months. Please look for this code in your inbox in the coming days.

Again, we apologise for the short notice and thanks very much for playing NTK.

- The Neopets & Meteor Games Teams

~~~

I thought it was a pretty good game. :crybaby:

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

That is super short notice >_<

#3 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

That's a shame. I actually enjoyed that game. It was a good time killer.
I also wonder what their reason was for closing the game. Could it be that nobody wanted to have their true identity exposed by having to invite 4 neopets friends etc . to advance to the next level?
i sure stopped there.

Edited by silentqueen, 13 December 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#4 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

That's a shame. I actually enjoyed that game. It was a good time killer.
I also wonder what their reason was for closing the game. Could it be that nobody wanted to have their true identity exposed by having to invite 4 neopets friends etc . to advance to the next level?
i sure stopped there.

I'm not sure, I didn't play that far.

But I stopped playing the game because it always has loading errors (or the game would load with 20% of its bottom cut away).

Perhaps it's because it's not making as much profits as neopets would like? :o It has been so profit-centred recently. I honestly wouldn't buy those pots they have for fb credits.

#5 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

@ DeSpacey,
Yeah, I noticed too how cash oriented they have become. Nowadays every site event has an NC part, just look at rebuilding Krawk Island. I never bought anything with credits from TK either, didn't think it was worth it.

#6 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

What did you do in the game? I'm assuming that it is a Neopets-themed Facebook game? :p

#7 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

What did you do in the game? I'm assuming that it is a Neopets-themed Facebook game? :p

It is. It's like a board game where you roll the dice and complete the various maps. During the journey you had to fight monsters and collect loot, then you had to sell the loot in your own shop.

I only like the part where our petpets could follow us in the board game and help us out once each day. x)

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Oh my god, nooooo ;_; TK was such a great little game!! I stopped playing it because of the loading problems as well, but gosh when it worked it was awesome. Does anyone know where I can download the music from it? It was sooo cute and catchy, hehehe :3

Also, by inbox they mean your FB inbox, and not some newly-added in game inbox, right? /just wondering/making sure

#9 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

Actually...the company that made the game (Not Neopets...I think Meteor games or whatever) is known for making games & canceling them after a few months.

The game was good...but it turned HORRIBLE after it got out of beta.

If you haven't yet....get the site theme before the game is truly gone!

#10 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Actually...the company that made the game (Not Neopets...I think Meteor games or whatever) is known for making games & canceling them after a few months.

Adam and Donna are Meteor Games.

Also, does anyone have a list of prizes?

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Adam and Donna are Meteor Games.

Also, does anyone have a list of prizes?

http://www.sunnyneo....chievements.php

Most of the prizes are not worth much. A few thousand NP and a shop upgrade, plus a bunch of low-NP items. You get the site theme after completing the tutorial, and it's actually a cute site theme so if you haven't yet you might want to go play it for a few minutes.

#12 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

We will also be sending out a virtual item code to all Neopets: Treasure Keepers players that can be redeemed at Grundo's Warehouse for a set of items and Neopoints. We know it doesn't make up for the closure, but we want to say thank you for all the support you've shown NTK over the past few months. Please look for this code in your inbox in the coming days.

I'm so ready for that prize. I hope it's an avatar because we seriously need more avatars. Around 8 new avatars per year is never enough.

I actually enjoyed the game. I didn't have any loading errors, but what made me stop was the reason behind playing it. Playing it alone isn't really that rewarding for me. When I found out that advance achievements didn't yield any worthwhile prizes, I stopped altogether

#13 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

I quite liked the game, although I've only played it once or twice. What a short notice though, but I'm wondering what the compensation prizes will be. o:

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Wow.. really? That's pretty dumb to be honest :I

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Meteor Games is the company set up by Neopets' original creators Adam and Donna, I think.

#16 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

If it really was set up by adam and donna....then shame on them :(

I'm just going by what I've heard through the grape vine

#17 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yes, Adam and Donna Powell created Meteor Games after leaving Neopets.

When Treasure Keepers came out, it was a good friendly collaboration between the two.

My guess is that Neopets wanted more out of Adam and Donna than they would give them, so it ended.
I don't see any other reason for pulling the game.

#18 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

=[ It all ended before I got a chance to play,
I've always thought that I'd get around to it one day when I'm really bored,
but just haven't been finding myself on facebook much anymore.

were the redeemable prizes of any value or were they all NC items?

#19 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

The game was losing loads of people lately. The level cap was 20 when the game started, and you could do it in less than a week, the game was very good, but was awfully managed and that's what made people leave. Last month when they stopped updating the wall people started to worry and asked if the game would be removed, but a MG worker posted and said we don't have to worry, that they have loads of updates for the upcoming months. A week later they update for last time and add only a very overpriced Facebook cash item which was an already existing item (that you could get for free lol) but a different colour. Maybe their last attempt to try and squeeze some pennies out of people.

Edited by Hydrange, 13 December 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#20 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Oh my god, nooooo ;_; TK was such a great little game!! I stopped playing it because of the loading problems as well, but gosh when it worked it was awesome. Does anyone know where I can download the music from it? It was sooo cute and catchy, hehehe :3

Also, by inbox they mean your FB inbox, and not some newly-added in game inbox, right? /just wondering/making sure

I'm wondering the same thing.

=[ It all ended before I got a chance to play,
I've always thought that I'd get around to it one day when I'm really bored,
but just haven't been finding myself on facebook much anymore.

were the redeemable prizes of any value or were they all NC items?

None of them were NC prizes, and they don't cost a lot either....

#21 sweetheart

sweetheart
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

A few years back, Meteor games hosted this 'Pirates, Vikings, Ninjas' game on Facebook. It was a good game too but it closed for NO REASON AT ALL after a good few months.
I wouldn't say Treasure Keepers is a good game but still, it's a pity that it closed just like that. Guess they couldn't squeeze out money from that game.

Edited by sweetheart, 14 December 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#22 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

Dam! Talk about Short notice.

I like TK! Its good for killing Time... Why the closure though?

#23 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Dam! Talk about Short notice.

I like TK! Its good for killing Time... Why the closure though?

That's already been answered, or at least speculated in this thread.

#24 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Boo! :<

I really enjoyed TK, was waiting for them to release the next levels...had my shop all stocked up too. It will have been TNT and not Meteor that pulled the plug, they will have been paying Meteor for the creation, maintenance and development of the game...and I guess they stopped wanting to pay.

It's pretty annoying how expensive Neopets has become. NC stuff should be pennies not pounds. They're so greedy.

#25 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

A few years back, Meteor games hosted this 'Pirates, Vikings, Ninjas' game on Facebook. It was a good game too but it closed for NO REASON AT ALL after a good few months.
I wouldn't say Treasure Keepers is a good game but still, it's a pity that it closed just like that. Guess they couldn't squeeze out money from that game.

I guess Facebook is not place for such that kind of games, there was a nice anime style game called Monster Fantasy, developed by a Japanese company, it had a nice story and was fun, even they were improving it until the last day, two weeks before they announced the closure, they added new features. After that they recycled the bestiary to make a pokemon-like game with them. The most popular Facebook games are farm and city games, there's not enough audience for more complex games in FB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users