#1 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

POPULAR POST!

Posted Image

Welcome to the second of a series of games to give you another chance at the enormous Advent prize pool: my Easter Egg Hunt. Please enjoy my cheesy pictures and feel free to post your own.

An Easter Egg is a special prize or clue that is hidden away, and you must search for it. This game involves a series of Eggs hidden around the site, that lead you Scavenger-Hunt style to the final Egg.

Rules and Considerations
  • Do not share the locations or hints to locations of Eggs with anyone else
  • Do not give the final clue to anyone else
  • Winners of previous Advent Forum Games will not receive prizes for subsequent games, but are welcome to participate. So, if you won a prize for the Crossword, and are one of the first three to reach the end of this Hunt, you will not receive a prize (except my adoration and congratulations). The prize slot will still be open for another winner.
  • If you get stuck, you may PM me for assistance, and I can help point you in the right direction. If this is abused, I will decline giving hints.
  • Again, do not bother to ask Scot for hints or clues, she does not know them.
Hints
  • All Eggs are hidden in posts made by me
  • They will not necessarily be the first or last post that I made in a thread
  • There are over 20 Eggs hidden
  • All Eggs lead toward the prize, there are no false trails
The Prizes
There are three slots for winners of this competition, which will be given to the first three players to find the final Egg. The prize will scale based on how long it takes for the first person to find the final Egg. So, if you want to metagame, you can hold off on your final Egg to make the prize bigger, but risk someone else finding it before you and taking first place.

The Prize Scale

Each winner will receive the same prize in pure NP, with a bonus prize for the first person to complete the hunt.

Less than 24 hours: 1-2 mil
24 to 36 hours: 2-3 mil
36 to 48 hours: 3-4 mil
Over 48 hours: 5 mil
(First player completed the hunt in less than 1 hour! The prize is 1 mil for each winner)

The Winners
Drakonid
soul__stealer
DoNotAnnoyMe
MoNiRyu
bleedingskulls
Bone
moragor
silentqueen
Stitches
Ashlee

All winners please PM me links to two trades so that I can send you your prize.
Thanks everyone for participating! Keep an eye out for the next Advent Forum Game :ninja:

But first, this song is awesome. I really want to post somewhere that I am listening to it. Where is that thread?

Posted Image

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

pffft, submitted 26 minutes ago...

#3 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Meh, got stuck and gave up. Congratz guys and goodluck everyone else

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

We have our first 3 winners!

First place: Drakonid
Second place: soul__stealer
Third place: DoNotAnnoyMe

I will edit the first post ASAP to include the winners. You will all receive 1 mil, with Drak getting a bonus prize.
Please pm me two trade links so I can get your winnings to you later today.

Also, since this went by so fast, and some people didn't even get the chance to see the thread, I am opening it up to seven more winners!

Keep looking!

#5 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

blergh
i have to go to work

but this was cute and inventive
:D!

#6 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

dont really understand this game.. can someone send me a PM with clear instructions

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

An Easter Egg is a special prize or clue that is hidden away, and you must search for it. This game involves a series of Eggs hidden around the site, that lead you Scavenger-Hunt style to the final Egg.

Highlight Nymh's text here to find the hidden message. What I've quoted has the words "Easter Egg" hidden. Do you see?
She has given us clues in her posts, and you follow those clues around the forum until you find them all.
It took me a while to understand, but when you find the first clue, it's like a HUZZAH moment. I've gotten stuck with a few clues, and have gone looking in the wrong places for the next ones, but it's fun!

Of course, you have to be somewhat active on the forum to understand where the clues are taking you. If you haven't read any topics within the last few months, you'll never win

.Posted Image

#8 Robin

Robin
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

and How do you know, that you're on the right track? Does it say: "You found the next step!" when I come to the page I found? Or could every User on Codex do such a "Race"? (So there is nothing about Coding a Page, or for example the Item DB?)

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

We have two more winners!

MoriNoRyu and
bleedingskulls

There are still five chances for 1 mil NP so keep looking!

All of these hints will be found in posts that I have made on the forum. You will know you have gone to the right place if you find another hint :)

Congrats to our sixth winner, Bone! Only four slots left!

#10 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi,
I PMed you about 4-5 hours ago..

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi,
I PMed you about 4-5 hours ago..

Yes, but the eggs that you found were not related to this contest. Try beginning your search with this thread. Each Easter egg will be a clue to lead you to the location of the next Easter egg.

#12 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Is this still open? I just got home from work D:

#13 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Nymhs last post says 4 more slots for winner so yeah go for it.

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Is this still open? I just got home from work D:

Congratulations to our newest winner, moragor! That means there are 3 winning slots left :)

#15 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hey ,
I PMed you again, I hope I got it right this time. Posted Image

#16 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

That was way more fun than it should have been. :p

Thanks Nymh for hosting!

Posted Image

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Stitches and Ashlee have rounded out the winners circle to grab the last two spots. Thanks everyone for participating! I hope it was fun :)

Please all winners PM me two trade links to claim your 1 million NP prizes.

Stay tuned for the next Advent Forum Game!

#18 Ashlee

Ashlee
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Awesome, thank you! It was fun :)

#19 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Woot! Thanks!!

#20 Moragor

Moragor
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Congratulations to our newest winner, moragor! That means there are 3 winning slots left :)

Yay thanks!!

Posted Image

#21 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

Wow,
I actually won.
Thanks Nymh for this great game!

Since I have read nearly all your posts I can honestly say that your avvie pic is forever etched in my brain. Posted Image

+ rep
for being such a great host, and because I appreciate all the hard work you must have put into it.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Could someone post the answers? I got stuck at BRAAAAINS.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Could someone post the answers? I got stuck at BRAAAAINS.

Sure, here is the list of all of the clues and which location they lead to.

But first, this song is awesome. I really want to post somewhere that I am listening to it. Where is that thread? (What song are you listening to right now?) The price in the database is WAY off, but I can’t edit it. Wat do? (Updating the item database for non-Advanced members)
I have too much Neopets crap. I need to get rid of some of it. (stuff I have but don’t want)
I wonder how I could make a blatant rep-seeking crappy guide… (Drak's guide on how to make a blatant rep-seeking crappy guide)
Is it just me, or does that Organic Mushroom look like a penis? (Sexual Items)
Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday (Vote for which song Boggart shoud sing next)
Boggart’s going to Carnegie Hall! (I have a favour to ask of y’all)
It’s so nice that soul__stealer took over this contest. (Monthly customization #7)
BRAAAAINS (Games Master Challenge 2011)
HAHAHA omg, that’s so funny WTF I have to share that with the forum XD (You Laugh You Lose Neocosex Edition)
Does leaving your hot rich girlfriend really warrant this much discussion? (I'm thinking of leaving my hot rich Asian girlfriend)
WTF Auto Trainer is gone?! I need that back first RAGE (Which program do you want remade first?)
We were all so innocent in the beginning… (My introduction thread)
Scot Scot bo Bot, I love-a love-a love Scot, fee fi mo Mot, Scot (Banana Fana Fo)
48673? Really? What a letdown. (WISHING WELL AVVIE)
I wonder how much a 7 year old account costs… (Official Price Check Thread)
It’s just holes in people’s skin, what’s the big deal? (Why does this picture make me feel so uneasy?)
MMM yummy hot women and cute innocent girls (Hot and Cute girls)
I wonder what I would do if there was no Neopets… (What would you do if there was no neopets)
Why do I drink? Because I like the feeling. Do you have a problem with that? (Why do you drink?)
That would be a great idea for a SOTW theme! (SOTW theme suggestions)
That is the most fucked up and disturbing comic I’ve ever read (Give me nightmares)
THE ANSWER WAS 22 DAMMIT GHGHGHRRRRR (Lenny Conundrum 421)
PM Nymh and say, “Give me my money, woman!” But make your font pink.

I know that I changed the wording to some of these as I typed them into their hiding places, but I didn't update my document when I did that, so these are the originals.

#24 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I skipped from brains to the give me nightmares one.
brains->zombies->horror crap->nightmares?

#25 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

Whoops i totally jumped over a couple xD.
We were all so innocent in the beginning…(Hot and Cute girls)
It popped while searching for innocent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users