Photo

Abrosia fail

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

Seems no matter what I do I can't get items, and I see so may that are missed and for high profit, it's annoying. My only explanation is that there must be a lot of auto buyers using ridiculous refresh rates. I mean all I get are missed items.
Just for clarification I'm using a 4 + month shell that I bought, and I have 800,000 NP that I also bought to get things going, but I'm SOL. I also have the member program that gives me all options. Can anybody give me some useful advice?

** Also I have noticed even though I'm selecting multiple shops it will stop after going through only one?

#2 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Can you Post/PM me all of your settings? It may just be that they're a bit high?

#3 Sleep

Sleep
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

I have the same problem actually. :p
It will only go through one shop although I have about 2 or 3 selected.

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

You can set your shop wait times, but they're defaulted to 45 minutes per shop. How long are you running Abrosia, what shops, and what settings? Net speed would be helpful here too.

#5 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Seems no matter what I do I can't get items, and I see so may that are missed and for high profit, it's annoying. My only explanation is that there must be a lot of auto buyers using ridiculous refresh rates. I mean all I get are missed items.
Just for clarification I'm using a 4 + month shell that I bought, and I have 800,000 NP that I also bought to get things going, but I'm SOL. I also have the member program that gives me all options. Can anybody give me some useful advice?

** Also I have noticed even though I'm selecting multiple shops it will stop after going through only one?

It could be that your internet connection is either slow (or not quick enough at least x3), your buy times are too high, or that your seeking profit is too high if you always miss/never get any items.

(&Like Neoquest has already mentioned, the settings are defaulted to stay at each shop for 45 minutes, so you'd have to change that if you want to spend less time per shop)

#6 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

OH! Just thought of a solution: it will cycle through the shops one at a time, for the time you specify it to do so. For example: Minutes to spend in each shop: 10,20,60,14,361,52436466/Shops: 1,2,7,10,61,83 =
Refresh only at Battle Magic for 14 mins, then only at Bookshop for 60 mins, etc....

#7 Sleep

Sleep
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

I totally forgot about the time in the shop :sorry: silly me.

Thanks! =)

#8 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for the replies and here are my settings:

Refresh 3.5 (used to be 4.2) - 8.0

Pre Haggle 0.4 - 0.7

Attic 3.0 - 8.0

RS Ban 15 min

Smart Haggle 0.1 %

Specific shops 56,58

Minutes in each shop 45

Igloo enabled

Connection type - Verizon DSL

Speed test at speedtest.net UPLOAD = 0.49 mbps DOWNLOAD = 1.17 mbps

I think I just stupidly realized my error, but I'm new at this and I think I see the problem. Let me guess, I need separate time in shop values? I thought that time in shop option only needed one time for all shops, but after reading that one post above I see I need to specify times for all shops I select.

Nope I can't put multiple shopt times lol, program explodes.

Does the problem with program stopping after only doing one shop have to do with pet health and or training?

#9 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

First thing I noticed is that your net speed is quite slow and your attic refresh times are HORRIBLY slow. You should take into account your net speed, and you should adjust your settings so that your buy times can make buys in < 2000ms if you plan to buy high end items often.

#10 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Well I set both to 2.5 - 4.0

So I'll try that out for a while, but if you think that is wrong let me know, thanks!

I just missed a 763000 item !! :(

#11 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well I set both to 2.5 - 4.0

So I'll try that out for a while, but if you think that is wrong let me know, thanks!

I just missed a 763000 item !! :(

I would suggest setting your profit margin to 1 neopoint and buy a few items to see how fast you are able to purchase items.

#12 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Okay so I do that find out my MS and try to translate that somehow to refresh rate, gotcha! I just have to remember to keep it at 2000ms or in that ballpark, thanks! But would that make me suspicious to TNT or is that considered within reasonable limits?

Okay bought an item at it took me 2112 ms at a refresh rate of 2.5 - 4.0, so I'm thinking I drop the last parameter down or tweak both?

#13 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Okay so I do that find out my MS and try to translate that somehow to refresh rate, gotcha! I just have to remember to keep it at 2000ms or in that ballpark, thanks! But would that make me suspicious to TNT or is that considered within reasonable limits?

It's in the log when you buy an item...but no, ABing really dosen't have too much to do with refresh rate, it all has to do with OCR and general wait delay. 2000ms is generally considered a very safe buy time.

#14 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

I just looked at my buys right now with above mentioned refresh rate and they vary at 1300, 2100, 1700MS. So is it too fast?

So you are saying I should drop my OCR down a bit ?

#15 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Okay bought an item at it took me 2112 ms at a refresh rate of 2.5 - 4.0, so I'm thinking I drop the last parameter down or tweak both?

I just looked at my buys right now with above mentioned refresh rate and they vary at 1300, 2100, 1700MS. So is it too fast?

Your refresh rate has nothing to do with your buy time unless you are in the attic. Then, it is added into your buy time so you have to factor that out to know what your true buy time is.

That being said, your refresh rate is too low. You are going to get RS banned quickly and will not catch significantly more items with that low of a wait delay. You should consider raising it a few seconds.

And to answer your last question, no, those times are not too fast.

#16 bedebooodebooo

bedebooodebooo
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Then I should adjust my OCR?

#17 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

Then I should adjust my OCR?

You should adjust the General Wait Delay to raise your refresh rate. :)

OCR would affect the buy time instead of the refresh time.

#18 darthred22

darthred22
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

rally ? is this saturated?

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Last reply was 3 months ago. So yeah, stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users