34 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Saw this on a board and thought we should discuss it here:

Imagine the chaos... The sheer uproar that would ensue if TNT posted something along the following lines to use as a massive neopoint sink?

For this weekend only purchase your very own Super Attack Pea, Seasonal Attack Pea, Attack Pea, Lord Darigans Blade, Scary Tree Stamp, Mystery Island Chef Stamp, Commander Garoo Stamp, Wock Till You Drop Stamp, and the Coltzan Stamp in the Hidden Tower!!!!!

Think about it... they could charge 500mil+ for most of the weapons, and like 200mil+ on the stamps. This would quickly and efficiently drain the economy of billions on Neopoints in one fell swoop. It would depreciate the value of not just those elite items but also that of all items due to there being much less in the economy. Everyone will be lowering prices trying to compete to gain some Neopoints back.

It would be a good way to recirculate items people really need (stamps that are extinct) or items that people really want, SuAP, BGC, ect... deflating both the value of these items... Super Attack Pea is currently valued at 1.2bil, and deflating the economy... all in one fell swoop.

So what do you guys think?

#2 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

would be interesting... though it might deflate the economy too fast??

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

didnt you post this in the other thread?

Its not actually a sink really. The stamps that they choose to use are ones that are retired and then they go with those that are in lowest circulation because the rest have already been consumed in stamp albums, are being hoarded, are in a gallery or two, or they only exist on iced accounts. It makes sense why they cost as much as they do. These items are extremely rare and a collector needing that final piece would willing pay hundreds of millions to get it and finally have one piece down for their collection.

I am waiting for the Scary Tree Stamp to come back around and when it does I am gonna try for that... the last one they did sold for around 146mil (Reference: Stamp Collecting Guide)... I need about 75mil more than I currently have acquired simply to stand a chance getting the next one, but it is the last stamp I need for the avatar. So the degree in which I want it is severe enough that I would rapidly and full heartedly drop 200mil on it. The sink is only sinking one Neopian and not thousands... imagine the chaos that would ensue if they did something crazy like...

"For this weekend only buy Super Attack Pea, Seasonal Attack Pea, Moehog Skull, Scary Tree Stamp, Wock Till You Drop Stamp, Coltzan Stamp, and a working Glass (Changes pet color to Ice) Paint Brush in the Hidden Tower! Limited to one purchase per day per Neopian. Neopian's we catch using multiple accounts unbalances the game. Violators will be frozen."

They could set outrageous prices and people would buy up quickly and it would deflate the value of the neopoint DRAMATICALLY!

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

It would be pretty hilarious to see all the boards freak out. TNT would probably never do that, but it would be epic for the economy.

#5 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

hope they have a plug ..
Posted Image

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Imagine the chaos... The sheer uproar that would ensue if TNT posted something along the following lines to use as a massive neopoint sink?

For this weekend only purchase your very own Super Attack Pea, Seasonal Attack Pea, Attack Pea, Lord Darigans Blade, Scary Tree Stamp, Mystery Island Chef Stamp, Commander Garoo Stamp, Wock Till You Drop Stamp, and the Coltzan Stamp in the Hidden Tower!!!!!

Think about it... they could charge 500mil+ for most of the weapons, and like 200mil+ on the stamps. This would quickly and efficiently drain the economy of billions on Neopoints in one fell swoop. It would depreciate the value of not just those elite items but also that of all items due to there being much less in the economy. Everyone will be lowering prices trying to compete to gain some Neopoints back.

It would be a good way to recirculate items people really need (stamps that are extinct) or items that people really want, SuAP, BGC, ect... deflating both the value of these items... Super Attack Pea is currently valued at 1.2bil, and deflating the economy... all in one fell swoop.

So what do you guys think?

I think you know too much...You must be dealt with. Sleep with your eyes open tonight.

I promise your demise will be quick and painless.
Posted Image

but in all seriousness, i know people that would stop playing neopets if that happened. lol
RAGEQUIT

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

didnt you post this in the other thread?

I thought it worthy of its own thread for discussion, do you not agree?

#8 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

This reminds me of a joke

Posted Image

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

In all reality, the small amount that would quit would be the billionaires who have hoarded these treasures greedily.

They would be the ones to quit, but only because their years of hoarding their treasures to inflate their value back fired into their greedy self serving faces...

This would balance out the economy and deflate the neopoint back to healthy and manageable levels. Making games where winning 1000 neopoints+ is a good thing again.

#10 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about cool sinks
Posted Image
But I admit that would be one for the internet history books. Pretty awesome and incredibly chaotic.

#11 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

I think it can, depending how users react, turn out not-so-good. It would deflate a bit toooo fast.

#12 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

It's just temporary though isn't it? Need a reusable neopoint sink... Like buying NC with Neopoints.
I think that would be a fine idea though I have no knowledge of the NC market right now.

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

MODS ARE ASLEEP

SINK THREAD

Posted Image

#14 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

MODS ARE ASLEEP

SINK THREAD

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Well it would be a temporary deflation method and it can easily be used again in the future if need be. Another release of different 100mil+ extinct or extremely rare items that are being hoarded by greedy users. A recirculation of old and forgotten yet useful neopoint items.

I think if NC could be purchased with neopoints BEFORE a major sink such as this then there would be no point in having NC in the first place.... there are just too many neopoints in the economy.

#16 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Maybe they'll do it for April Fools day.

And then convert all UC pets, and unconvert all converted pets.

Posted Image

#17 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

Holy shit, this would be the best thing EVER.

#18 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

I'd shoot you for that.

#19 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

OMG TNT explain yourselves as to why this hasn't happened yet!!! It'd be so chaotic and amazing~

(even though the staffers don't come out of hiding here lol)

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I am interested as to whether or not anyone has any new or fresh opinions on this topic.

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

No.

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

You know, it actually wouldn't kill you to take some perspective on participating with actual conversation rather than biased opinions and elitist attitude.

Just saying. So, -rep for that.

#23 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I think it'd be an okay idea if it were only for a day or two. Otherwise you'd have the super rich hoarding 50 billion. I like the idea of it being in the hidden tower, since you can only buy one a day. That would force everyone to pick which item they wanted instead of getting all of them.

Posted Image

^ I want that sink though.

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

You know, it actually wouldn't kill you to take some perspective on participating with actual conversation rather than biased opinions and elitist attitude.

Just saying. So, -rep for that.

Not to be a dick or anything, but I kinda wanna neg rep you for bumping your own thread from 2011 after months of bitching about everyone else doing it.

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Not to be a dick or anything, but I kinda wanna neg rep you for bumping your own thread from 2011 after months of bitching about everyone else doing it.

The options were, bump this thread, or start a new one. So I bumped it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users