A Cheater's "Oh Shit" Moments

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

What have been your biggest "oh shit" moments while cheating (or not)?

Forgetting to turn on your proxy before logging in to a shell... Accidentally sending a score a little too high... We've all fucked up on some occasion. What did you do? Did you panic? Was the end result a freeze, or nothing but wasted hours of fretting? If it was a freeze, how fast did you get iced?

My most recent "oh shit" was just a few moments ago. I'd logged in to a shell through my VPN proxy, did daily junk, then turned on the ABer... But I didn't plug in my laptop. So after 15 minutes it went to sleep, and when I woke it up my VPN "reconnecting" bubble came up - so if the proxy was disconnected while the computer was asleep, I may have been refreshing in shops on a shell through my home IP. I immediately stopped abrosia and shut down the computer. Luckily nothing was bought in that time and the computer had only been asleep for around 5 minutes, but I have no idea if the proxy was disconnected the whole time or if the ABer was actually running still, so now I'm having a mild panic attack over my new main possibly being frozen via IP-association. Posted Image

Share with us your moments of terror!

#2 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Whenever I AB, I would take the time to do a bit of studying. One time while ABing, I decided to study my most hated subject finance. Went through about two or three chapters and then began to feel a little tired. Completely forgetting that I had started Abrosia, I dimmed the lights, dropped on the bed and took a nap. Next thing I know it, its 4am and come to realize that I had Abrosia running the entire time. I quickly get out of bed and went to check on Abrosia thinking I would have gotten way more than I should while ABing for like 8 hours straight. Luckily, I had a schedule set and Abrosia has stopped ABing long time ago.

#3 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

Whenever I AB, I would take the time to do a bit of studying. One time while ABing, I decided to study my most hated subject finance. Went through about two or three chapters and then began to feel a little tired. Completely forgetting that I had started Abrosia, I dimmed the lights, dropped on the bed and took a nap. Next thing I know it, its 4am and come to realize that I had Abrosia running the entire time. I quickly get out of bed and went to check on Abrosia thinking I would have gotten way more than I should while ABing for like 8 hours straight. Luckily, I had a schedule set and Abrosia has stopped ABing long time ago.

i've done the same thing...except abrosia was NOT on the schedule... luckily my profits are set so low that i must have flown under the radar...did pick up like 90 items though :/

#4 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

I once sent an impossible score for Math's Nightmare. I just prayed it was going to get reviewed....it didn't D:

I ended up becoming the target of an AC board.

At first I was like "Shit...gotta move everything....gotta start over.....fuckfuckfuck".

I then decided to appear on the board and troll the crap out of everyone. Ended up having to self-freeze because TNT never froze me themselves O_o;

#5 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

I AoBed a high score for Maths Nightmare. Ended up sending the bloody score within a few minutes, when it clearly should have taken much, much longer. I know they caught me, but for some reason, they didn't smash the ban-hammer down on my account.

#6 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

Sent a score without a mod, ended up impossible and it showed on my HS table. I'd already sent 3 for the day so I couldn't send another higher one to cover it up.
I was all
Posted Image

and shut dat all downnn and layed low for the next 24 hrs until I could cover it up.

#7 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

I AoBed a high score for Maths Nightmare. Ended up sending the bloody score within a few minutes, when it clearly should have taken much, much longer. I know they caught me, but for some reason, they didn't smash the ban-hammer down on my account.

I AoB'd two games during the latest GMC, and while I didn't send really high scores, just enough to get the challenge, I did send them both pretty quickly. It didn't even occur to me to wait... How fucking stupid. Neither were reviewed, but I wonder if that's why I got iced - the reason was "cheating or using a program to cheat", and it was only a day or two after the challenge ended. I'm still waiting to hear from my ticket. :S

#8 Harlow

Harlow
  • 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Good board idea. Haven't had one of those moments...yet. And hopefully never. xD

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

My story is plain and simple. I'm the idiot who SS's unwittingly during the altador cup on my first cheating account. Before I memorized the game id, scores and times, I relied on my cheat sheet with tested and approved scores. One day, I got really cocky and decided to input the data from my mind. It was like Day 25 of the AC. I just typed in all the information for the game SS. It was after 14 minutes later that I typed in the time for SOSD for SS and I saw a whole list of "Reviewed" down the results line and I was like:

Posted Image

#10 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

I left AB running a little too long while drinking, but nothing came of it thankfully.

#11 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

I lost my main account when I first started cheating for SSing. I'd only done it to get a trophy and lost a quite old account. I thought I'd got the times all right, which I had, but I think I must have sent the score a little high. Still I've learnt now to check, check and check again before sending for Avatars or Trophies!

#12 Ashlee

Ashlee
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

My "oh shit" moment was probably score sending for a game and ending up with a trophy - I got a neomail from some random person asking me how I managed to get the trophy as apparently the game hadn't been working for a few months. There was my name, all by itself on the high score list. I was shitting myself. I just told the person that I managed to get it working long enough for my extremely low score to go through. They probably didn't believe me though.

I assumed that TNT knew the game was broken and expected to be frozen but I never was.

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

I don't SS or AoB because A) I hate playing Neopets games B) it seems like small change C) I don't really care about trophies and D) I have read too many of you guys getting reviewed or frozen to want to try it.

That being said, I have had two "oh shit" moments. The first was with Abrosia. I change my general wait delay to be very low when I RS in the attic because it's stupid for it to wait 4-8 seconds to attempt another item after missing one. One day, I fired up Abrosia and set it to go to my normal shop, but forgot to reset my wait delay back to the normal refresh rate. So, I sat in a main shop and refreshed every half a second or so for an hour. Thankfully nothing came of it.

The second was during all of this Advent stuff. I have learned to hit the 'logout' button whenever ending a Neo session because of this. I configured my proxy settings and went to log in to one of the accounts we are using to give out prizes, and I had not logged out of my main account. Fuck. I've done that twice now. The first was a major freak out "shit shit shit shit" moment, the second I just rolled my eyes at myself.

#14 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

When I first joined here, I got a bit excited and SSed without being sensible. Got frozen in a few days after sending an impossible score. And more recently...I realised I logged into the same account with both instances of abrosia I had running (I had been having a bad day). Was not good. Luckily it wasn't for long :)

Posted Image

#15 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

I change my Abrosia schedule almost everyday (depending on what time I'm going out) and once I forgot to remove the older time slot, so I was ab-ing for 5hrs straight.

When I got home I was like "OMGGGGGGG" when I saw Abrosia still buying items. Luckily it was in a non-risky shop.

#16 gummis

gummis
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

my recent oh shit moment happened when I used a greasemonkey SS, I just clicked through the prompts and it decided to SS in 3 seconds. Managed to get 1 mil or so off the account before it got frozen :D

#17 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

Had to self freeze an alt account 20+ trophies in, all thanks to a careless and minor mistake of inputting the wait time incorrectly. <_<
Never again. :thumbsup:

#18 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

when I first got here, SS got my very first main account frozen =/ I was sad, it was my first account ever on Neo. Didn't have anything special on it (besides a rainbow kacheek), but it was still my first account ever D:

#19 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Sent a score for Ice Cream machine using AoB, got the avatar, but wasn't sure if I got my score reviewed. Um... :unsure:

#20 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

When I sent in 4-5 scores not knowing they were guna be reviewed.
I was likee.. LETS MOVE ACCOUNTS. B)
but like.. it's was all safe in the end. D:

[05:47:40 PM] - Score Sender Opened!
[05:48:26 PM] - Score Sender Stopped!
[05:54:41 PM] - [902/742/351] - Sent, Got Avatar, Made 980 NP.
[05:54:43 PM] - [Success: 1, Avs: 1]
[05:54:43 PM] - Score Sender Stopped!
[06:13:34 PM] - [159/1067/401] - Sent, Got Avatar, Made 854 NP.
[06:13:39 PM] - [Success: 1, Avs: 1]
[06:13:39 PM] - Score Sender Stopped!

^ LOL

Edited by Tummytubbles, 23 December 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#21 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

I don't cheat on my main, but this kinda scared me. One night, I was playing KQ and feeding kads. Actually, I was destroying the kads, and of course I wasn't really paying attention to my inbox because I was destroying people in KQ as well. Three 1/2 hours and 6 kads later, I had quite a few nasty messages in my inbox and several dozen copies of "Cheat in Style" in my item log. Scared the shit out of me because I thought they all reported me or something.

Buncha sore-loser assholes. xD It's not the end of the world if you miss a kad, dear god.

I just love how so many Neopians immediately draw the conclusion that people are "cheating" just because those people are better than them.
Especially with some of the flash games. It's like....dude, these games are meant for children, if you can't get a high score on at least some of them.....then wow. xD

#22 esotericaKoalan

esotericaKoalan
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Had to self freeze an alt account 20+ trophies in, all thanks to a careless and minor mistake of inputting the wait time incorrectly. <_<
Never again. :thumbsup:

What is the point of self freezing?
Won't the staff freeze you anyways?

I once sent a score of 9k+ in Kass Basher using AoB.
I panicked and bought everything out of some random person's shop and got frozen the next day.
(Somehow I didn't get chain frozen.)

Edited by Helio, 23 December 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#23 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

When I'm on Neopets I'll usually have Codex open in one tab and my guild message board in another. I've almost posted cheaty/cussy things on the guild boards many times (that were supposed to be Codex posts/statuses). Commence rapid clicking. "OH FUCK FUCK FUCK RED X RED X RED X STOP LOADING"
Also autobuying for way too long. Going to sleep over at a friend's house, come back and Abrosia's been running from 9p-11a, no joke. Luckily it was in a crappy shop and had very low refresh times, bought almost nothing. I was like
Posted Image

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

My "oh shit" moment was probably score sending for a game and ending up with a trophy - I got a neomail from some random person asking me how I managed to get the trophy as apparently the game hadn't been working for a few months. There was my name, all by itself on the high score list. I was shitting myself. I just told the person that I managed to get it working long enough for my extremely low score to go through. They probably didn't believe me though.

I assumed that TNT knew the game was broken and expected to be frozen but I never was.

Ahaha oh jesus :V That must have been horrible!!

Also thankfully I haven't had any oh shit moments on Neo, mostly because I haven't tried ABing/SSing/AoBing yet~

#25 Matin

Matin
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

One day I decided to AoB on Feed Florg just to get the avatar. I used the infinite lives cheat and started playing a couple of rounds. I sent in a score of 186. Then I got impatient and decide to just send in a score of 250 afterwards. Sure, I'll be fine. Got my score up to 253 and I intended to end the game there before Florg ate a petpet which increased my score to 263 instead. "Eh, I won't get a trophy for that score anyways so I'll be fine." I thought when I sent the score. Nope; the score gets reviewed. I was a little incredulous since I did not send in an impossible score and I was certain I did not play the game too quickly (as I stated, I played a couple of rounds before sending in that score). Still, I'm pretty worried. I wait for a while and I'm not frozen. I got the avatar but when I check my personal high scores, that 186 score in Feed Florg is still there. Easily fixed. The next day I AoB'd again and send in a safe score of 250.

That was just a freak accident. The games I AoB'd before and afterwards were fine.

Edited by Matin, 23 December 2011 - 01:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users