72 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

POPULAR POST!

The Items that are constant and consistent increases, such as the Altador Strength Potion, are not situated in a spoiler. This is to allow for quick reference and comparison. Hope everyone enjoys the stats and revisions that have been made.

Health Point Class:

Spoiler

Strength Class:
Spoiler

Defense Class:

Spoiler

Intelligence Class:

Spoiler

Special thanks to talbs, Strategist, Keil, b3lldandy, Icey Defeat, and coeurdelion for contributing data with their own testing.

Edited by Yung, 27 April 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

This is a good idea.. i've always wondered about how effective dome of these are.

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Yes well if anyone is planning on asking why bother with the Intelligence may I point out that on average you will be spending 1k+ for books. Sparkle Potion is an alternative that is cheap, just as if not more effective, and much cheaper then going out and spending 3mil on a Scroll Potion then relying on donations.

Interesting note... Sparkle Potion is currently 1/2 the cost of Elixir of Intellect and is averaging the same increase.

Edited by Jaxxen, 01 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#4 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have been collecting my data but have not gotten around to create a proper guide on using stat increasers.. so might as well provide some data i have first in here.. hopefully there are others out there who are collecting similar data so we can group up and see proper results!

I've been playing around with Str Increasers as well and these are my findings:

Jar of Forest Earth -

1st Testing:
43 @ 40k = 1.72mil

Increased: 48 Strength

Approximately - 35,833 per Strength Point

Details:
0 str - 30 times
1 str - 04 times
2 str - 00 times
3 str - 01 times
4 str - 02 times
5 str - 03 times
6 str - 03 times
Meaning: 70% of the time you get nothing! (so use this in big quantities for you to see its benefit)

Bubbling Fungus -

1st Testing:
12 @ 90k = 1.08mil

Increased: 26 Strength

Approximately - 41,538 per Strength Point

Details:
-5 str - 0 times
-4 str - 0 times
-3 str - 2 times
-2 str - 0 times
-1 str - 1 times
+1 str - 0 times
+2 str - 2 times
+3 str - 2 times
+4 str - 2 times
+5 str - 3 times
Meaning: 75% of the time you gain strength (but this is not concrete enough... need more data)

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing... I will add this data to what I have collected above.

I will be adding just stats to the first post. All the little details such as your comments will be left in your original post to encourage everyone to +rep you. It also will add depth to the conversation that way. Thanks again for sharing.

#6 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

O.O
This is some good work, always trained str manually but I might just reconsider it now!
+rep!
Any chance you tested out some of the def pots?

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

O.O
This is some good work, always trained str manually but I might just reconsider it now!
+rep!
Any chance you tested out some of the def pots?

Not yet... that is what I am testing as we speak. Took a break to get more coffee.
As soon as I have something conclusive it will be posted here.

Running lower on funds so my end of testing is going to be limited for a few days until some people who owe me so NP make their weekly payments.

#8 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Not yet... that is what I am testing as we speak. Took a break to get more coffee.
As soon as I have something conclusive it will be posted here.

Running lower on funds so my end of testing is going to be limited for a few days until some people who owe me so NP make their weekly payments.

Alright, sounds good enough
That's why I don't lend people nps, may gift at the most because usually they don't pay me back :/

Edit: Other lower cost boosters like the purity negg usually don't do much at all, I try stay away from anything that costs less than 20k

Edited by Jaws, 01 January 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Alright, sounds good enough
That's why I don't lend people nps, may gift at the most because usually they don't pay me back :/

Edit: Other lower cost boosters like the purity negg usually don't do much at all, I try stay away from anything that costs less than 20k

Still.... in the interest of conclusive testing I felt inclined to attempt to gain a stat point or two. Since there was not a single raise I am writing this one off as wasted.

#10 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

BBQ Porkwich (the combination of Bread + Neopox Pizza) is sometimes cheaper than Armoured Negg.

#11 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

This has the base for some pretty awesome statistical work. Graphs! Charts! Tables!

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

This has the base for some pretty awesome statistical work. Graphs! Charts! Tables!

I am actually working on putting some graphs and charts in right now. Just trying to determine the essential information from the non-essential. :)

#13 coeurdelion

coeurdelion
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Bubbling Fungus

8 @ 90k = 720k

Increased: 8 Strength

Details:
-5 str - 0 times
-4 str - 0 times
-3 str - 2 times
-2 str - 1 times
-1 str - 0 times
+1 str - 1 times
+2 str - 0 times
+3 str - 2 times
+4 str - 1 times
+5 str - 1 times

Edited by coeurdelion, 02 January 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thank you for adding in your results. These will be added with the rest and will also be used in the graphs and charts I am working on. :)

#15 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just some info for those who wish to train using stat increasers... I only train level and endurance at the mystery island training school and the best way would be to overtrain your endurance to be (3 x current level + 3) and then train another level and continue back with endurance..

This is an example:

Level 50, So i train my endurance until 153... then i train 1 time on level
This becomes level 51, and i continue back endurance until 156..

Strength and defence are using the stat increasers...

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just some info for those who wish to train using stat increasers... I only train level and endurance at the mystery island training school and the best way would be to overtrain your endurance to be (3 x current level + 3) and then train another level and continue back with endurance..

This is an example:

Level 50, So i train my endurance until 153... then i train 1 time on level
This becomes level 51, and i continue back endurance until 156..

Strength and defence are using the stat increasers...

This is a very good strategy for quickly raising your stats...

If you are interested in league battling and need more information then check out the League Calculator

#17 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

It would be courteous to credit b3lldandy in your original post instead of taking his data without attributing it to the proper source.

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

It would be courteous to credit b3lldandy in your original post instead of taking his data without attributing it to the proper source.

I stated in the post directly under his that I would be adding the data to the first post.

Edited by Jaxxen, 02 January 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#19 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just added the Bomberry Elixer test results... Extensive testing conducted and results are interesting :)

#20 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

I love you all for doing all these tests. I'm torn between using Altador Strength Potions and Bubbling Fungus Potions, but the data helps me a lot with considering how to train. Your comprehensive testing is really helping me out with deciding how to train my level 180+ pet. If you need testing items in the STR or HP area, I can help out. I have over 1m to spare.

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

I love you all for doing all these tests. I'm torn between using Altador Strength Potions and Bubbling Fungus Potions, but the data helps me a lot with considering how to train. Your comprehensive testing is really helping me out with deciding how to train my level 180+ pet. If you need testing items in the STR or HP area, I can help out. I have over 1m to spare.

HP testing is always helpful... stat increasers for HP is very expensive and there isn't a large selection which is why I haven't started testing those yet.

Try and test in blocks of 5 or 10 if possible. Any help is much appreciated. :)

#22 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

Was about to buy a tons of Jar of Forest Earth, but the price went up to 90k! Someone must be stalking this board >.> <.<

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

Stat Increasers tend to fluctuate rapidly... odds are either someone is taking note of the results and training based off of them or they are training their high HSD pet to max.

#24 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Energising Elixir

10 @ 99.9k = 999k

Increased: 2 HP

Details:
+0 HP - 8 times***
+1 HP - 2 times
+2 HP - 0 times

Approximately - 500K per Hit Point

***Possible Note: Test Subject had 268 HP initially. Is there a possible limit at 270 HP with Energizing Elixir?

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Energising Elixir

10 @ 99.9k = 999k

Increased: 2 HP

Details:
+0 HP - 8 times***
+1 HP - 2 times
+2 HP - 0 times

Approximately - 500K per Hit Point

***Possible Note: Test Subject had 268 HP initially. Is there a possible limit at 270 HP with Energizing Elixir?

No... there is no limit at which it stops increasing... it just has a very low rate.

Do you mind if I add your results to the first post?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users