Better Than You: January 4, 2012

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Carassa seems to think she is Better Than You. Let's see how well she does without Mika!

Posted Image

Carassa 'Happy New Year! We resolved to finish cleaning out the igloo this year. I'm getting started on my resolution early this time, and I have a great feeling about it – I think we might be able to actually move this year! Hopefully Mika is with me on this.'
Carassa scored 1,600 in this week's challenge game:

Igloo Garage Sale - The Game

Review Score: 2050

Score Sender:
Game ID: 676
Score: 1600-1700
Time: 100+ Seconds (Tested, safe)

Edited by Cold, 04 January 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

What's the point of posting this?

#3 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Quick 5k, 10k, or 20k and can give out a trophy and item.

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

You can get money and an avatar from a post on this forum? Incredible.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

The point of posting this here is to help those who are unfamiliar with the Score Sender to be able to know which game, how long to let it run, as well as what they can get by doing so.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

The point of posting this here is to help those who are unfamiliar with the Score Sender to be able to know which game, how long to let it run, as well as what they can get by doing so.

Oh. Enabling the lazy.
A noble goal.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Oh. Enabling the lazy.
A noble goal.

Isn't that the entire premise of this site? :p

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Isn't that the entire premise of this site? :p

Perhaps overall, but not for me...
Besides, there's a difference in helping people avoid pissing away hours of their life and giving people information it would take them under a minute to find if they were remotely interested.

His real goal was to get people to notice his superficial "contribution" to the site.

#10 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Besides, there's a difference in helping people avoid pissing away hours of their life and giving people information it would take them under a minute to find if they were remotely interested.

His real goal was to get people to notice his superficial "contribution" to the site.

Or to appreciated/somewhat loved? Isn't that what most people crave?

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Or to appreciated/somewhat loved? Isn't that what most people crave?

Pathetic, isn't it?

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

This is where I exit this conversation. I was just saying seems to me like there was a point to posting this thread though I can see your aspect of the situation as well.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

This is where I exit this conversation. I was just saying seems to me like there was a point to posting this thread though I can see your aspect of the situation as well.

I find the easiest way to exit a conversation is to stop replying, rather than making an announcement that presumes anyone cares. It's embarrassing.

#14 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Pathetic, isn't it?

Meh, I couldn't really care. As far as I'm concerned, love is just an illusion made as a by-product of our infantile dependency, which develops into later life because we've learnt to live with it as part of our lives. :/

#15 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I find the easiest way to exit a conversation is to stop replying, rather than making an announcement that presumes anyone cares. It's embarrassing.

Posted Image

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Meh, I couldn't really care. As far as I'm concerned, love is just an illusion made as a by-product of our infantile dependency, which develops into later life because we've learnt to live with it as part of our lives. :/

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I wanted an answer.

#17 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Get out of here stitches, you've already been destroyed once today

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

(image macro)

Aw, bless. Do you even know who is in that image?

#19 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Get out of here stitches, you've already been destroyed once today

Destroyed? I made a stupid mistake while trying to help solve the LC and contribute to the site and then fixed it, just like Cold created this topic to help people out, but this guy decides to be a complete jerk about it. Because no one has ever made a mistake or a redundant thread before, and if you do then obviously you're a complete idiot worthy of mocking. Oh, but he's retired, so that makes it cool and funny and edgy for him to treat people like shit, am I right?

Being sarcastic about something is one thing, but being downright cruel to any member regardless of their rank or how long they've been on the site is rude and hurtful.

> 5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members.
> 5.4 - Trolling is not welcome at Neocodex.

Since it's also against the rules to make public complaints about users, I'm leaving it at this. But seriously, leaving nasty comments on someone's thread, or pointing out an error someone made (and fixed like a minute later) for the sole purpose of mocking them is totally unnecessary and just makes people feel shitty, awkward, and unwelcome. It's not cool, it doesn't make you look like an intellectually superior tough guy. There might be a handful of people who think it's funny, but to the rest of us you just look like an asshole.

Maybe I overreacted, and I apologize for my outburst and removed the offensive term. However I believe my point still stands. It's not the first time people have been dicks for no reason so... yeah. That's all.

Edited by Stitches, 05 January 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#20 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Destroyed? I made a stupid mistake while trying to help solve the LC and contribute to the site and then fixed it, just like Cold created this topic to help people out, but this guy decides to be a complete jerk about it. Because no one has ever made a mistake or a redundant thread before, and if you do then obviously you're a complete idiot worthy of mocking. Oh, but he's retired, so that makes it cool and funny and edgy for him to treat people like shit, am I right?

Being sarcastic about something is one thing, but being downright cruel to any member regardless of their rank or how long they've been on the site is rude and hurtful.

> 5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members.

Since it's also against the rules to make public complaints about users, I'm leaving it at this. But seriously, leaving nasty comments on someone's thread, or pointing out an error someone made (and fixed like a minute later) for the sole purpose of mocking them is totally unnecessary and just makes people feel shitty, awkward, and unwelcome. It's not cool, it doesn't make you look like an intellectually superior tough guy. There might be a handful of people who think it's funny, but to the rest of us you just look like an asshole.

:) That's been hanging around in my thoughts for a while too. Thanks Stitches, Lord knows I wouldn't have had the emotional capacity to say this myself. Personally, I'd add arrogant, rude and patronising to the word 'asshole'.

Edited by Russ, 04 January 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Destroyed?

For the record, this is why I dislike people talking on my behalf.

I made a stupid mistake while trying to help solve the LC and contribute to the site and then fixed it, just like Cold created this topic to help people out, but this guy decides to be a complete jerk about it. Because no one has ever made a mistake or a redundant thread before, and if you do then obviously you're a complete idiot worthy of mocking. Oh, but he's retired, so that makes it cool and funny and edgy for him to treat people like shit, am I right?

The amusing thing wasn't that you made a mistake. I wasn't as ass about the first mistake. If you review the post, I simply pointed out that it was interesting that you failed to notice such an incredible error.
Then you told me to, and I quote, "Fuck Off."
After that, you became entertainment.

I would argue that being cruel to any member regardless of their rank would be classed as fair and indiscriminate. Although indiscriminate isn't really the word.
I discriminate againt stupid. I always have, and I always will. Don't feel bad, it's rarely personal.

I know the rules. For a long time, I enforced them.

Since it's also against the rules to make public complaints about users, I'm leaving it at this.

You don't do passive-aggressive very well. I wouldn't try it again.

But seriously, leaving nasty comments on someone's thread, or pointing out an error someone made (and fixed like a minute later) for the sole purpose of mocking them is totally unnecessary and just makes people feel shitty, awkward, and unwelcome.

Presuming to know my motives is rather arrogant for someone who is sitting on a pedestal judging my life choices.

It's not cool, it doesn't make you look like an intellectually superior tough guy. There might be a handful of people who think it's funny, but to the rest of us you just look like an asshole.

Here's the kicker, though. I'm not doing it for them, or for you. I am an asshole... or did you think that escaped my piercing perception?

[size="2"]Maybe I overreacted, and for that I apologize. However I believe my point still stands. It's not the first time people have been dicks for no reason so... yeah. That's all.

Just because you don't understand the reason, doesn't mean that there isn't one. Don't judge me against what you believe is good and proper, because it almost certainly doesn't apply.

:) That's been hanging around in my thoughts for a while too. Thanks Stitches, Lord knows I wouldn't have had the emotional capacity to say this myself. Personally, I'd add arrogant, rude and patronising to the word 'asshole'.

Feel free to read the above. But thank you for your input.

#22 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

lol I didn't reply to Sweeney after his second post because I knew it would come to this. xD

Making these threads helps at least one person so I make them. Simple as that.

Edited by Cold, 04 January 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Damn it, I missed Sweeney's 18,000th post.

#24 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

*sweeneyfangirlscream*

#25 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Since it's also against the rules to make public complaints about users, I'm leaving it at this. But seriously, leaving nasty comments on someone's thread, or pointing out an error someone made (and fixed like a minute later) for the sole purpose of mocking them is totally unnecessary and just makes people feel shitty, awkward, and unwelcome.

Posted Image

There was recently and Advanced Voting thread where the author of the post forgot to actually put the poll in and two members (one of them being me) pointed it out before he ninja edited the poll in. The purpose of pointing out the error was to mock the author's apparent stupidity and carelessness. Yet, he lived, somehow. And he and I can hold hands and frolic on the beach happily, because it's really not that big of a deal to make a mistake, have an asshole comment on it, and then get on with life.

But I accept your apology. :)

Then you told me to, and I quote, "Fuck Off."

:( Oh dear. That actually is worthy of a warning.
http://www.neocodex....pic/110091-cyo/
http://www.neocodex....ic/109593-bone/
"5.1.1 - Mild cases (ie. "GTFO", "go fuck yourself", etc..): Offensive material will be removed and 10% will be issued."

Kuddos to Cold for taking the high road and not breaking into dry heaving sobs that a few people think this thread is stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users