14 replies to this topic

#1 Foxer

Foxer
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

Sorcerers' Skirmish Game Guide

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This is a fun little puzzle game that I find highly enjoyable and fairly easy, once you get the hang of things. The aim of the game is to defeat the enemy Leader Eyrie in as few moves as possible, and once you know the strategy, it really isn't that hard to do. I will warn you, however, that this will try your patience at the best of times. The problem is that, in order for this strategy to work, the game board must be set up in your favour. Since the configuration is completely random, it will take an awful lot of restarting before you get it right. So, with that in mind, let's get right to it.

First thing's first, you need to play on easy mode. Medium and hard don't give you any extra points and only complicate things needlessly.

So, you're going to use one of your Xweetoks. They can move 4 spaces at a time and they can also move over obstacles, thus making them ideal for our purposes. When the game begins, head directly for the blue defence potion. If the enemy gets there first, restart. You'll need it. If it takes you more than 2 turns to get the potion, restart. The more moves you use, the lower your eventual score will be.

So once you've got your potion, you need to make sure the enemy deployment is in your favour. If you see a Skeith or leader Eyrie near the Gelert, restart. You're going to need to defeat the Gelert, and if either the Skeith or Eyrie are nearby, they'll kill you instantly. You'll also need one of the enemy Kougras near the Gelert. What'll happen (hopefully) is this; Your Xwee picks up the blue potion, attacks and defeats the enemy Gelert. The enemy Kougra will then try to attack you, but that nifty defence potion you picked up earlier means that she'll kill herself instead. You are then free to go right for the leader Eyrie, at which point the level will end.

If your Xwee is attacked by anything but a Kougra, restart. That defence potion disappears after one attack, and you're gonna need it. If your Xwee dies, restart. You should try to take as few turns as possible to win, as each additional turn deducts possible points. Ideally you'd use 8, but if you take more than 12 turns to win the level, restart.

Note that if the enemy Xwee kills itself on one of your high-defence units, you get bonus points, yay!

For level one, try to get between 2550-2650. If you get 2450 you can still advance and hope you get more points on one of the next two levels but you can't always count on that. For level 2, aim to get above 5200 points, and when you finish the game, and if everything has gone to plan, you should have between 7450-7850 points.

Keep in mind that you will need to restart a lot of times. If the first level goes well but you enter the second and there's a Skeith next to the enemy Gelert, you will still need to restart, because there's no way your Xwee can survive.

So, in summary:
1. Use the Xwee closest to the blue potion, go pick it up.
2. Attack the Gelert.
3. Let the enemy Kougra kill herself on your Xwee.
4. Attack the leader Eyrie to finish the level.

Restart if:
1. The blue potion is more than 3 moves away.
2. Your Xwee is attacked by a non-Kougra sorcerer.
3. The enemy gets the blue potion.
4. There is a Skeith or Eyrie near the Gelert.
5. There is no enemy Kougra near the Gelert.
6. Your Xwee dies.

You'll get to know the game intimately if you try for the trophy. Also, just in case you don't know, this trophy is easiest to gain on the 1st of the month because of the high-score table reset, but trophies aren't awarded until the following midnight.

Questions, comments and suggestions are all welcome. ^_^ Good luck getting your trophy!

Edited by Foxer, 10 January 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Great guide, thank you for sharing!

#3 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just used this guide and it works, now i have to wait to be more lucky to get into the trophy range, thanks for the guide.

#4 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Wow, just found this guide and I plan to use it on the first. Cant wait to go for that trophy! Rep +1

#5 negi

negi
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Well....The guide is good.

but SS is better,,,haha

#6 asupernaturalfreak

asupernaturalfreak
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wow will have to try this out!

#7 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

SS is just too risky, you can easily get a trophy with this guide 100% safe, which makes guide better than SS

#8 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

SS is just too risky, you can easily get a trophy with this guide 100% safe, which makes guide better than SS

Easily is a bit of an exaggeration, I'm a complete fail at most games and although this guide is very informative and helpful, I doubt I could "easily" get a trophy after reading it/implementing what it says :p~

&SS can be used for more than one game
It is easy to get caught with it, but not everybody has been frozen after using it; some users have gotten plenty of trophies with it

#9 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Easily is a bit of an exaggeration, I'm a complete fail at most games and although this guide is very informative and helpful, I doubt I could "easily" get a trophy after reading it/implementing what it says :p~

&SS can be used for more than one game
It is easy to get caught with it, but not everybody has been frozen after using it; some users have gotten plenty of trophies with it

It all comes down to individual risk level. I have tried out the above and it works but I have to play quite alot to fully understand why he placed those conditions for restarting game...

All in all love this guide.

#10 leoss2000

leoss2000
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

that guide will be very helpful ^^ hope i get the trophy, it's so pretty *-*

#11 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

This guide game in so handy today for the Better Than You. Thanks so much (:

#12 Zee

Zee
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Excellent guide, I also used this to beat this week's Better Than You. Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll be able to aim for the trophy next.

And you really weren't kidding about the restarts :S

#13 Temso

Temso
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Got me a new trophy baby!

#14 colett3

colett3
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for sharing! :)

#15 Impulse