New Hidden Tower Item: Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

For anyone interested, this item was released earlier today at the HT.
Price: 6,600,000 nps.

Posted Image

Defense

Posted Image All Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Finally a nice light icon blocker very good for it's price.
Similar is the Shadow Shield for 5m, but much weaker, or the Superior Reflection Shield for about 1m nps

Edited by Jaws, 14 January 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

I didn't really think it was necessary to make a thread about this when its pretty much been posted about everywhere.

For anyone who cares to know however this is a slightly downgraded Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield.

Both shields are FULL light icon blockers and the main difference between them is the type of icons and how many icons they each defend against.

For a quick comparison:

Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour - Posted Image All Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield - Posted ImageAllPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As you can see the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield blocks for 2 additional Posted Image water icons, 2 additional Posted Image earth icons, and it blocks Posted Image air icons where as the Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour blocks Posted Image icons. The only other difference worth noting is that the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield costs roughly 1.5m-2m more than the Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour. Both are excellent shields nonetheless though I would recommend just saving that extra million or two and getting the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield for the variation in icons.

Please note that all images in this post belong to exclusively Neopets.com, Nickelodeon, and all known and unknown affiliates. I in no way own this images and am merely using them for the sake of helping others visualize what I am posting here.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

Are those icons confirmed now?

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

They have been by all accounts, we have 6 big league BDers all saying that it is correct after a lot of conclusive testing. I will update my post accordingly if it turns out to be something else entirely. I have grown to trust these guys and everyone else is as well.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

I've added it to the BD Simulator with those icons.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Okay, if it turns out to be something different I will PM you, from what I have seen though this is what its been doing. It has been flat out destroying Sword of Thigl. Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield already does that though.

I am actually pretty disappointed.

#7 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

I didn't really think it was necessary to make a thread about this when its pretty much been posted about everywhere.

For anyone who cares to know however this is a slightly downgraded Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield.

Both shields are FULL light icon blockers and the main difference between them is the type of icons and how many icons they each defend against.

For a quick comparison:

Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour - Posted Image All Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield - Posted ImageAllPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As you can see the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield blocks for 2 additional Posted Image water icons, 2 additional Posted Image earth icons, and it blocks Posted Image air icons where as the Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour blocks Posted Image icons. The only other difference worth noting is that the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield costs roughly 1.5m-2m more than the Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour. Both are excellent shields nonetheless though I would recommend just saving that extra million or two and getting the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield for the variation in icons.

Please note that all images in this post belong to exclusively Neopets.com, Nickelodeon, and all known and unknown affiliates. I in no way own this images and am merely using them for the sake of helping others visualize what I am posting here.

Well I didn't see this on Codex, and nobody ever says anything useful on the BC.

Anyway, thought it would have been useful information for anyone interested in this item, thanks for adding the Hubrid Nox shield, forgot about that one to be honest

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:24 AM

Its only one of the most useful additions to the Battledome in ages... it is hands down the best shield available in the game. There is no real upgrade for it. The new shield is only a downgrade, not even it is as useful as the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield.

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

TNT meant for it to block all fire and made a mistake. I'm certain they will fix it within the day unless they are utterly retarded.

#10 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

TNT meant for it to block all fire and made a mistake. I'm certain they will fix it within the day unless they are utterly retarded.

God I hope this is the case.

Because right now, blocking all light + dark makes it infinitely shittier than HNMS which blocks all light + Air.

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

It really needed to be either full air blocker or full fire blocker. Even full physical would have been better,

#12 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hah, called it!

Sort of.

I'm sure the new cove shield is an apology for this blunder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users