Photo

Do you want to have kids?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I don't really think I do. I'm not sure how they would make me happy, never really understood that whole thing but maybe I'm just weird. If I ever did want them, I think I'd adopt because pregnancy and childbirth oh god. Also, compare a middle-aged couple with kids to one without... they tend to look younger, be doing better financially, have a better relationship, are actually going for/have achieved their dreams, etc. I think I've been this way since I was little, never had much interest in baby dolls, I was more Hot Wheels, Barbies and Nintendo 64.

#2 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

At this moment in time I'm still in the 'Little children are stupid, whiny creatures' mindset. But that might change. We'll just have to see.

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

I would love having kids, especially from watching my nieces and my little cousins grow up. The pleasure of raising a child and of course the trials and tribulations are what life is all about. I personally think that the reason we as humans are on the Earth is to create life. Glad I don't have to push out any kids through my genitals though lol..

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I already have kids. Pregnancy and childbirth were two of the absolute most amazing things that my body has ever done. I made humans. That's pretty cool.

Also, just about everything in those articles has been exaggerated to epic proportions (and some of the info is completely off-base). I really hope you don't take either of them seriously. They are on cracked.com for crying out loud.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

To be honest, I'm undecided.
Taking care of another human being that you helped create is a daunting task :l I don't know if I would be a good parent.

On the other hand, its terribly rewarding to see a kid achieve everything he/she set their mind to and knowing you helped them reach that.

#6 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ahhhh, absolutely. And soon please. I can't wait to get to do all kiddy things again, go hang out in the park, play with toys, change poopy nappies...errrrr.... >.<

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I already have kids. Pregnancy and childbirth were two of the absolute most amazing things that my body has ever done. I made humans. That's pretty cool.

Also, just about everything in those articles has been exaggerated to epic proportions (and some of the info is completely off-base). I really hope you don't take either of them seriously. They are on cracked.com for crying out loud.

This. I think until you have one, most people generally have that mindset about kids as was pointed out above. I couldnt agree more with nymh. I have a 2yo son and I wouldnt trade the feeling of being a parent for anything in the world. So much so, that me and my partner are planning on having another one in the not too distant future.

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I've wanted little spawn to take care of since the age of four. It wasn't even like, a choice. I just always thought "when I have kids, I'll _____". I still really want kids, but, well, i try not to think about it.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I love kids, I dream to teach them and I also want some of my own someday myself in which I can manipulate to love the same things I do so we can go on ragtag adventures.

Though, until I can be responsible about myself, I really doubt I'm even close to being prepared for kids, so that's for a later date.

#10 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

I try not to but everything on there is like a horror movie... you're like whatevs, that's fake, at first but then you find yourself thinking about it at the worst times ;__; Cracked's on the long list of websites I need to get off of but can't.
I actually do like kids, my 3 and 8-month half brothers are the most awesome little dudes that ever happened. I'm still young and my attitude will probably change but for now I guess I don't know. /is easily swayed

To be honest, I'm undecided.
Taking care of another human being that you helped create is a daunting task :l I don't know if I would be a good parent.

On the other hand, its terribly rewarding to see a kid achieve everything he/she set their mind to and knowing you helped them reach that.

mhm mhmm. I feel like I'd get mad and go too far and eventually ruin my kid, like my mother nearly did. People like her shouldn't be able to be parents.
I'm easily pissed off but I'm also not the fastest at processing things. fatal combo.

#11 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

I can't wait to have kids, I just don't want them yet. One boy and one girl is what I'd like. Of course, I have to find the right woman first.

#12 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

I, honestly, don't want kids.

People say that I'd be a good mother, but I don't see it.

Thankfully my family accepted my decision. My mom is happy she isn't going to be a grandma :p

#13 Daywalker88

Daywalker88
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Whether I think the same thing when I'm older or not, at this moment in time, I really don't see the appeal in having kids. I'm horrible with kids, they just don't like me lol.

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

I, honestly, don't want kids.

People say that I'd be a good mother, but I don't see it.

Thankfully my family accepted my decision. My mom is happy she isn't going to be a grandma :p

I have a few female friends who have embraced the fact that they have little desire to be a mother. I say good on you for recognizing this and not forcing yourself into it when you know that it's not something you want to do. I can imagine that my life could be perfectly fulfilling and happy without my children in it (if I had never had them, not if I lost them now). Plus, I would have a lot more free time.

I am not one of those people who says that I can't remember what life was like before I had my children. I can, and it rocked. I miss it. But, I also love my kids, and am amazed daily at their little minds and bodies growing and maturing. I love them a bunch too, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

ETA: I didn't always want to have kids either. I assume that most of you guys are pretty young which could have a lot to do with the fact that kids are still mostly just annoying little shits to you right now.

Edited by nymh, 16 January 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#15 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

I can imagine that my life could be perfectly fulfilling and happy without my children in it (if I had never had them, not if I lost them now).

I think that's a pretty unusual view for a parent :/ Then again, until I'm one myself I can't really make a self-informed decision about stuff like this I guess. I haven't dealt with their shit yet :p

#16 kieshun

kieshun
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

i am a kid, so no.

#17 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I've never wanted to have children and so far I still don't. I don't hate them or anything, they just make me extremely nervous and uncomfortable, and frankly, right now? I'm financially and emotionally unsuitable to support another human being. If I ever do change my mind I'd rather adopt than make a baby myself, though, because jesus h. christ childbirth terrifies me. (Also, we had to watch a video of a live birth in my anatomy course from start to finish, and I've watched dogs give birth to litters of 8 and 9. It's gross but the grossness is not nearly as daunting as the pain involved.)

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

i am a kid, so no.

It doesn't mean right this minute...

#19 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

I'm really excited to have kids, but not just yet. I'm hoping after I finish school to get an awesome job and work on my career for a few more years. Hopefully in that time I'll find someone special to do that with.
I don't like other people's kids :p But I know for a fact I'm going to love mine! Just the thought of having a little me to love and teach.. I'm sure it's an unexplainable experience.

#20 becaroo

becaroo
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

I hate majory of other people's kids, but have met my fair share of adorable ones too, usually under 4-5 years old, after that they all tend to become incredibly annoying.

I would like to have my own one day though.

#21 Moss

Moss
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I feel like if I ever had kids this is what they would turn out like.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#22 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

I do not want to be responsible for bringing a child into this depressing world.
I also don't want to feel guilty for wanting to die before I'm a certain age.
Nor do I want to clean up after a sloppy baby who can't use silverware... -shivers-
ehh

#23 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I do not want to be responsible for bringing a child into this depressing world.
I also don't want to feel guilty for wanting to die before I'm a certain age.
Nor do I want to clean up after a sloppy baby who can't use silverware... -shivers-
ehh

Teaching is a stepping stone to happiness for some though :]

#24 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I would like to have kids one day. I come from a family that had all boys (3 of us) so i'd like a girl :p then maybe a boy. idk why i just things work out better that way, the daughter older then the son. i know that me and my two older brothers got into quite a few fights when we were younger but now all of us being older and love each other ... most of the time

#25 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Is it safe to assume you thought of asking this because of the latest new MLP episode?

I would like to have kids, but it would all depend on if I can trust the mother...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users