Do you want to have kids?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Is it safe to assume you thought of asking this because of the latest new MLP episode?

I would like to have kids, but it would all depend on if I can trust the mother...

And you would make this decision after marriage and not before?

#27 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yeh, I think fatherhood would be very exciting. I see them as like your own personal human-clay that you can shape into super-humans or something like that.

#28 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

And you would make this decision after marriage and not before?

Women can be very tricky...

#29 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Women can be very tricky...

I know this too well; your point is a valid one.

To finally answer the question. I did want kids. Not so sure if I want them anymore.

edit: Terrible grammar on my part.

Edited by Unseen, 16 January 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#30 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Its a thought that has crossed my mind many times. Before I started dating my boyfriend (or i guess I should say before it was serious) I couldn't fathom the thought of having kids. I think they're cute and all but definitely didn't want to raise them or be responsible for them. But after being with my boyfriend for a while and being in a stable relationship, I've been leaning more towards wanting them. I know that should the day come if I get pregnant, I would be able to support my child financially as well as be able to give him/her a good stable home to grow up in. Of course, I'm still in school working my way to a PharmD and still have another 2.5 years until I graduate so I still have plenty of time to think about it.

#31 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I want to have some kids one day, once I get a steady job, out of college, married, and would be able to afford to get my kids whatever the hell they could ever want.
I'M DESTINED TO BE A PARENT ONE DAY, DAMMIT.
Posted Image

#32 Dolly

Dolly
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

I already have one :) She's 3 and is the best thing that's ever happened to me ♥

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'd like kids. Or a kid. The bf isn't so keen on the idea, but he promised we'd see after we turn 30. HE PROMISED.
On my 30th birthday I'ma be like, GIMME A BABY. *spreads legs*

Hopefully, he'll have a job by then. If not, I feel comfortable being a single mom. My mom did it alone with 4 kids. She can raise one more while I'm at work. :p

#34 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

I already have one :) She's 3 and is the best thing that's ever happened to me ♥

Girl or boy? And are you a mother or father?

Also I noticed your sig. Do you play reach?

I'd like kids. Or a kid. The bf isn't so keen on the idea, but he promised we'd see after we turn 30. HE PROMISED.
On my 30th birthday I'ma be like, GIMME A BABY. *spreads legs*

Hopefully, he'll have a job by then. If not, I feel comfortable being a single mom. My mom did it alone with 4 kids. She can raise one more while I'm at work. :p

Uggh, my mom did too...3 girls and me in the family...I assure you it's not easy in the loosest definition of word.

#35 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

I definitely don't want kids at this very moment in my life. I don't feel that I'm in a place of security just within my own life to attempt to raise another human being into this world. I don't feel it is right for me to try to raise a child at this point with a low(ish) paying job and going to school full time. What am I going to do, leave the mother of my child to do everything? I can't do that at this point. That's my primary objection.... Moreover, the world population is outrageous and if everyone continues having babies, we will all face the possibility of a massive famine. If I do ever decide on a child, I'll adopt. Right now I'm just focusing on getting my Masters and Ph.D. and finding a nice paying job before I think about trying to raise a child.

I get that it's nice to watch as your child develops and you help mold them into a wonderful human being... However, I think my time would be better spent attempting to convert all of the shitty human beings into productive and happy human beings instead. Still working towards the end result of a better world... just not (possibly) contributing to the problem further.

Anyways, /rant.

tl;dr? No.

P.s. Hi Codex!

#36 Ashlee

Ashlee
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

I was 100% certain that I would never want kids when I was in my early 20's. I'm 26 now and change my mind all the time, especially when I see my friends having kids and posting their cute photos on Facebook. I'm definitely leaning more towards yes than no, though.

My fiance has five nieces and nephews and has been an Uncle since he was 13 and he'll make a great Dad but I do doubt my capabilities. Even though I've known these kids for 6 years I don't always feel comfortable playing or interacting with them. People say it's different when you have your own kids, I hope that's the case.

We're getting married next year and will probably wait a further two years until we're 30 before having our first. I don't want any more than two so with any luck I'll have twins and do the whole pregnancy thing once! We do have family asking us all the time when we're going to have kids now that we're engaged. Even his 10 year old niece is asking for a new cousin!

If we do decide to have kids I am determined that I am going to be debt-free and financially secure. I do not want to struggle like my parents did when we were little.

#37 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

I want to have at least one child before I turn 30. I know I will never be happy enough with my career (the one I don't have anymore) and I know I will never feel ready, but someday it has to happen.

Edited by Tsvete, 17 January 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#38 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Ever since I can remember, I didn't want kids. Maybe it all started out with kids running away from me screaming, or the ones too small to move would simply drive me away by shrieking at me. But then my niece was shoved into my arms and she just sat there and didn't move.. Perhaps she was playing dead.

I don't want kids. I can barely remember to feed myself. I really don't want to take responsibility for another human.

#39 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not until I'm established in life (No more student loans, a good career started, and with someone who I can see myself with for the long haul). After that it is a really easy decision. So yeah, ten years down the line I'd like to have a kid (potentially two, I don't think I'll be able to make the jump to three/a zone defense).

Until then, there is one major obstacle- No woman foolish enough to sleep with me. ;) Fucking engineering schools. Do women even exist?

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Fucking engineering schools. Do women even exist?

I go to an engineering school :p

#41 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I go to an engineering school :p

Nope, can't happen. You must be part of my imagination. You're trying to continue this myth that women exist. :p

Seriously though, you're studying to become an engineer? What major?

#42 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Nope, can't happen. You must be part of my imagination. You're trying to continue this myth that women exist. :p

Seriously though, you're studying to become an engineer? What major?

I'm actually a physics major. I am still in undergrad now so there is no concentration. Most likely I will go into optics for my post-graduate work but I am contemplating quantum mechanics and astro as well (who doesn't).

What about you?

#43 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm actually a physics major. I am still in undergrad now so there is no concentration. Most likely I will go into optics for my post-graduate work but I am contemplating quantum mechanics and astro as well (who doesn't).

What about you?

Junior year going for Mechanical Engineering. When I graduate I should have a math minor too. As of now, I plan to enter the workforce when I earn my BSME. Nothing fancy, I guess. I'm just doing my time and paying out the ass for it, but I'll be done soon enough. Only a year and a half more.

Honestly, I love what we're doing. The only thing I don't like is the guy/girl ratio. Something like 4:1, which is ridiculous.

#44 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have doctor friends and midwife friends and oh hell to the no I am not having kids. I mean, if someone who's been training as a midwife for two months (and spent even less time in hospital) has seen...things I don't even want to think about long enough to put into words. Or rather, I'm thinking like hell about them, but whenever I try to put it into a coherent sentence it turns into "gross gross gross groooooooss".

Seriously. Childbirth is disgusting and I want it kept away from me.

#45 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Seriously. Childbirth is disgusting and I want it kept away from me.

But Childbirth is a miracle from God.

Do you hate God?

loljk

#46 chipmunk

chipmunk
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

The mess will be gone in a matter of minutes.

The bad pain will be gone in a matter of hours (and not even bad if you have an epidural)

The discomfort gone within days....... it becomes a faded memory.

There will be joys and tears aplenty raising a little one, but... this is an 18 year long commitment.

YOU CANT TAKE IT BACK

and at some point in time.... they WILL become teenagers.

Been there, done that...... and lived to tell about it.

#47 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

And that is one of the more convincing argument to not have kids... O_o

#48 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

If it's a boy, we bro it up with video games or something and have a blast.

If it's a girl, I just move to the Arctic.

Simple.

#49 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Junior year going for Mechanical Engineering. When I graduate I should have a math minor too. As of now, I plan to enter the workforce when I earn my BSME. Nothing fancy, I guess. I'm just doing my time and paying out the ass for it, but I'll be done soon enough. Only a year and a half more.

Honestly, I love what we're doing. The only thing I don't like is the guy/girl ratio. Something like 4:1, which is ridiculous.

I go to a computer engineering university doing software engineering, they also do shit like games programming, animation, robotics etc. They also do a course for nurses, but they spend all of their time at the local hospital and start the year much later than everyone else. Before the nurses moved in the ratio of boy/girl was 46:1. Still want to complain about 4:1?

#50 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

But Childbirth is a miracle from God.

Do you hate God?

loljk

God should get off his lazy, non-existent ass and give us a system upgrade.

The bad pain will be gone in a matter of hours (and not even bad if you have an epidural)

The discomfort gone within days....... it becomes a faded memory.

I'm not sure I would get over the trauma of having organs falling through tears into my vagina. Ever. It's the sort of thing I that would hit me at random moments and make me do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2RYn5Z3Og

Plus you can't have sex for...how long, after giving birth? All I know is that it's too damn long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users