Good Weapons to invest in?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

I got around 30 million~ to spend atm

I'm thinking of getting a good Battledome set that is a good investment in the long run and would hold or increase in value in the long run.

I got the following Item on my pet

Hanso Charisma Charm
Ghostkerbomb
Randomly Firing Freeze Ray
Greater Healing Scroll
Downsize
Rainbow Scroll

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well the Hanso Charisma Charm, Ghostkerbomb, and Randomly Firing Freeze Ray are all good investments to make if you are looking for items that will retain their value and usefulness.

I also recommend getting some Anagram Swords; Sword of Reif and Kelpbeards Trident specifically.

With the release of the Sword of Tawre I have a sinking suspicion that the Kelpbeards Trident will soon be retired as such investing in it is safe either way because it is very unlikely to deflate and if it does go retired it will inflate at a healthy rate

For the healing end it is a bit harder to say, Greater Healing Scroll is the most cost effective way but it is hard to predict the market on those.

For freezing I recommend investing in Magical Marbles of Mystery as you really can't go wrong with those a dual duty 100% freezer that is going to retain its value.

Downsize is a Once Per Battle 50% blocker, Thick Smoke Bomb is a One Use 100% blocker... I prefer using the Thick Smoke Bomb myself, an entire turn to smash my opponent is great. Since the Thyoras Tear is running 65mil+ I prefer the cheap effectiveness that the Thick Smoke Bomb offers.

If you are looking for cheaper investments they are much harder to make because when new weapons and armor is released it is normally with lower icons and consequently cheaper because of it. If you buy a lot of Rainbow Scroll's more being released are going to hurt your investment, a different mass released weapon that does the same/similar icons will likely cost less and sell faster, and ultimately it is too unstable a market on the lower end of the Battledome to effectively surpass the flaws of investing in those items.

Edited by Yung, 17 January 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#3 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Anagram Swords, G-Bomb, MoMM and probably all the "not so hard to get" BD weapons will inflate during a plot which contains 1 player BD. You can also invest in items that increase stats, most common ones like A-Neggs. Wait until a plot gets released (I expect one soon since it has been a long time since the last one) and sell them all.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

In terms of investment, you got a decent set. The randomly freeze ray would definitely inflate eventually along with hanso that would go into the millions area in a few years. The other items would remain constant because they're being supplied through wheels, HT, or shops.

In the long run (and when I say long run, you probably ABed at least 200m within a year even without an advanced subscription), you probably be able to afford a complete HT set with probably a full-healer missing. But with your current set, I recommend switching Rainbow Scroll with Brynn's sword if you want **some, but not substantial** profit in the future..

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Anagram Swords, G-Bomb, MoMM and probably all the "not so hard to get" BD weapons will inflate during a plot which contains 1 player BD. You can also invest in items that increase stats, most common ones like A-Neggs. Wait until a plot gets released (I expect one soon since it has been a long time since the last one) and sell them all.

The Anagram Swords, Ghostkerbomb, and Magical Marbles of Mystery don't have a lot of room to fluctuate as they are sold at a very consistent price in the Hidden Tower.

Hanso Charisma Charm, Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, Ylanas Blaster, and Honey Potion are going to be solid investments come plot time if that is what you are investing for.

Another interesting and very good investment for plot inflation would be Prickly Potion and Voidberry Potion. These items inflated pretty high last time a plot rolled through and all the lower end Healing Potions, Super Strength Healing Potion, Bubbling Healing Goo, ect...

#6 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

In terms of investment, you got a decent set. The randomly freeze ray would definitely inflate eventually along with hanso that would go into the millions area in a few years. The other items would remain constant because they're being supplied through wheels, HT, or shops.

In the long run (and when I say long run, you probably ABed at least 200m within a year even without an advanced subscription), you probably be able to afford a complete HT set with probably a full-healer missing. But with your current set, I recommend switching Rainbow Scroll with Brynn's sword if you want **some, but not substantial** profit in the future..

Also that, if you prefer more profit to easier selling, ignore HT items since they have a limit that can be reached in price, they can't pass their HT value. I would still suggest you HT items, and maybe even cheaper ones like YB etc. since they are more affordable, and during plots, its usually newbie BD'ers who wants to get a set to beat plot 1P BD challangers. Also focus on weapons rather than shields if you ask me, since they will have the priority to beat the challangers. Of course those suggestions works with my plot theory more likely.

#7 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anagram Swords, G-Bomb, MoMM and probably all the "not so hard to get" BD weapons will inflate during a plot...

Why would HT & "not so hard to get" items inflate if they have a constant price and are "not hard to get"? o3o

#8 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Why would HT & "not so hard to get" items inflate if they have a constant price and are "not hard to get"? o3o

Because demand will be more on those "easier to get" items. I also mentioned that its not for the max profit over an item, but easier to sell to get some profit.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well actually on the loyal user discount day every month they are all 3% cheaper than normal, I also believe that the Lutari Island Bead's lower the percentage further on this day. So they are bought slightly cheaper and traded lower than the Hidden Tower selling price. So there is a little tiny room for inflation, but by no means is there enough to warrant investing in.

#10 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well actually on the loyal user discount day every month they are all 3% cheaper than normal, I also believe that the Lutari Island Bead's lower the percentage further on this day. So they are bought slightly cheaper and traded lower than the Hidden Tower selling price. So there is a little tiny room for inflation, but by no means is there enough to warrant investing in.

Yeah totally agree with that, again its not for a big profit like i said. But still nobody can say you cant make a profit over them :p

#11 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Speaking of the 100% freezers how do they compare to each other?

H4000 vs Magical Marbles of Mystery vs Freezing potion

Between H4000 to Magical Marbles of Mystery there is like 500k difference

Is the few icons between them worth that difference?

And as for HT items how much can they inflate during war?

I mean seeing as they are only at most 1mil or 2 below the HT price and even during war they can't really go above that since the HT supply is unlimited right?

Of course I should probably invest some money in a good Battledome set anyways if not for fun the Plot points are pretty important too.

Any suggestions for a good 1P Battledome set is also welcome

#12 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I mean seeing as they are only at most 1mil or 2 below the HT price and even during war they can't really go above that since the HT supply is unlimited right?

Of course I should probably invest some money in a good Battledome set anyways if not for fun the Plot points are pretty important too.

If you read the previous post, you will already find your answers about HT, yes they cant pass the price at HT, and they are unlimited in supply. But they will get a bit closer to their max price during a plot.

About freezer icons and price differences, as you have more boost, icons will be more worthy, and actually i find more expensive ones worthy because after getting max boost with your pet, its only your HP and those icons that will make the difference. If you have lower boosts, its up to you to pay the difference or not.

Edited by Junjun, 17 January 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

since when do the lutari talisman beads lower your HT item costs? I think you'll find its only main shops that it has a CHANCE of doing every now and then

#14 blackmanx

blackmanx
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I didn't see the new post when I was typing mine

Anyways thanks for explaining about the freezing thing.

So I guess if I were to get a freezer Magical Marbles of Mystery over H4000?

#15 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

since when do the lutari talisman beads lower your HT item costs? I think you'll find its only main shops that it has a CHANCE of doing every now and then

I just forgot to reply that, i was thinking the same, bead only have an effect on the main shops.

I didn't see the new post when I was typing mine

Anyways thanks for explaining about the freezing thing.

So I guess if I were to get a freezer Magical Marbles of Mystery over H4000?

Thats what i did, i wasnt an AB or any other cheat user (im not one of them, still.. Just trying to learn :p) but MoMM was my very first freezer, when i decided to build a BD set. I didnt want to get bothered to upgrade my freezer very soon, and it would happen so soon if i would buy the H4000, so i just bought a MoMM. Since i can call them ETS, dont think too much, just buy the best one you can afford (of course after planning what your whole set will be), and if you change your mind, just sell it back to someone else..

Edited by Junjun, 17 January 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Okay well the H4000 is 100% freeze and nothing else, the Magical Marbles of Mystery add in 3 physical icons (which is very easy to block), and then the Freezing Potion offers 2 water icons (these are harder to block). Just keep in mind that these are outside of Species specific freezers. The 3 physical icons, or the 2 water icons, could be the tiny little bit you need to defeat your opponent if it is a very close match. The Magical Marbles of Mystery is DEFINITELY the freezer I recommend.

We've already explained and discussed how the HT items inflate during plots.

Some of the beads that have "Unknown" affects are speculated to be why an item that costs 11,000,000 normally, 10,670,000 on loyal user perk day, deducts 10,120,000 on rare occasion. Since there is no prompt confirming price it often goes unnoticed. Basically it is an additional 5% discount that somehow appears.

...I thought this was old news, have you guys never heard about this?

#17 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Some of the beads that have "Unknown" affects are speculated to be why an item that costs 11,000,000 normally, 10,670,000 on loyal user perk day, deducts 10,120,000 on rare occasion. Since there is no prompt confirming price it often goes unnoticed. Basically it is an additional 5% discount that somehow appears.

Actually no, thanks for the information.. That was a new one for me.

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

nope and i dont believe it....

wheres the proof?

#19 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm not sure if that's true for HT (and other constant priced items) items.

Shop Discount: If you are buying at a Neopian Shop your Lutari Beads may get you a lower price for the item you are trying to buy. Say the final offer the shopkeeper accepted was 400nps, the Lutari beads may randomly lower this amount with up to 10%.

#20 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

nope and i dont believe it....

wheres the proof?

I also thought about this, like ppl finds out extremly hard things like some avatar solutions and so, and this would have a proof which can be easily found if its right..And the fact you pointed, about final prices that shopkeepers accept, it sound irrelevant to HT.

Edited by Junjun, 17 January 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Since there is a very low amount of people that have completed the Talisman there is not a lot of testing that has been done regarding how true it is or not... I saw some screenshots a while back in the Battledome forum regarding the amount that was taken when a user who had nearly the entire Talisman completed bought an Anagram and it didn't deduct 10,670,000 it instead deducted 10,120,000 from the user. It was speculated that the Hidden Tower discount works similar to the Main Shop discount, it only has a chance of working.

So the odds of it happening at all and being noticed are fairly slim... we could start trying to test it to prove one way or the other...

I only saw screenshots of it, so I can't say personally that I have experienced it. It could have been a rather elaborate hoax.

#22 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Since there is a very low amount of people that have completed the Talisman there is not a lot of testing that has been done regarding how true it is or not... I saw some screenshots a while back in the Battledome forum regarding the amount that was taken when a user who had nearly the entire Talisman completed bought an Anagram and it didn't deduct 10,670,000 it instead deducted 10,120,000 from the user. It was speculated that the Hidden Tower discount works similar to the Main Shop discount, it only has a chance of working.

So the odds of it happening at all and being noticed are fairly slim... we could start trying to test it to prove one way or the other...

I only saw screenshots of it, so I can't say personally that I have experienced it. It could have been a rather elaborate hoax.

Well, probably ill never complete the talisman and eventhough i complete it, i wont make enough purchase to see/realise that effect. I decided to not bother with it :p

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Alternatively we can all submit inquiries to the editorial regarding it and find out for sure that way. Like I said I saw it in a thread on the Battledome forum a while back. I know there has not been an editorial reference regarding it but I still stayed curious about it since I've never acquired the beads myself to conduct the testing personally.

#24 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Getting accepted to the editorial is harder to find it out ourselves i guess, but we can try. If we do, im in.

#25 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

its a hoax... screenshots CAN be easily modified. I call bullshit. A 5% discount is a lot considering you only get 3% with an aged account. Whats to stop people from just using a new account, buying all the beads for their talisman and then utilising this 'discount'. Takes the point of a loyal user 'perk' and throws it out the window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users