104 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

POPULAR POST!

Read the following fine print please: This is a work in progress but there is enough to get started here. I will be adding more content regularly so please stay tuned. I am only going to be adding useful/common Battledome Items to this list so don't expect a review for every Battledome item available because you will only be disappointed.

EDIT: May 19th, 2013 - I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but the external site was shut down. All weapon reviews shall resume from this thread.

Weapons:

Spoiler

Armour/Shields:
Spoiler

Healers:
Spoiler

Freezers:
Spoiler

Stealers:
Spoiler

Defensive Equipment:
Spoiler

Reflection Items:
Spoiler

Dual-Duties (Multi-Duties)
Spoiler

Please acknowledge that:

All images that are displayed in the Battledome Weapon Reviews section are protected by copyrights.

The material is © 2005 NeoPets Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission.

Edited by Yung, 19 May 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#2 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

I can see a really good guide is under construction, finally a place to link for those who asks about BD weapons, good job and keep up the good work. ;)

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

-Future reviews will go here-

Edited by Yung, 30 January 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#4 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Nice guide but you should specify which items are better for 2P and which are better for 1P (Like GFD is decent for 2P but is garbage for 1P).

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

This guide is truly geared more for 2p Battledome than it is for 1p Battledome. I'll be sure to add a note of that in the description.

Added the useful Hidden Tower Active Weapons.

Am I missing anything from those first two weapon tiers that anyone can notice off hand?

Starting on the Plot Prize Weapons, does anyone have a good guide that has all/most of them?

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Added the Hanso Charisma Charm

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

PICTURES, PL0X. I need the picture of the weapon to associate the data with.

Edit: Also, you may want to add partial/full blockers to Shields or make their own category. They are essential. Even just downsize helped me win a war against another guild in L14 battles

Edited by Keil, 27 January 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

PICTURES, PL0X. I need the picture of the weapon to associate the data with.

Edit: Also, you may want to add partial/full blockers to Shields or make their own category. They are essential. Even just downsize helped me win a war against another guild in L14 battles

I'll work on adding that stuff for you... lol.

This is definitely a work in progress I haven't even gotten to the shields yet much less defensive items. I'll go in and edit the images now though.

Updated with NQ II Weapon section added as well as images and copyright information. Enjoy guys! :)

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

i love u.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Added the Neoquest II weapons. I've given the most honest opinions that I could.

I'm gonna toss in at least a couple shields, freezers, healers, and stealers before I finish the weapon reviews unless someone wants a review on specific weapons.

#11 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I love that you added pictures ^^ ♥~
/does not enjoy walls of text/

If you weren't planning to you should probably add Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting to the Plot Weapons btw o: ~ (Although I realize that you're not yet finished yet cx)
(&You left out a [/spoiler] at the end of Stealers)

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I was gonna add Brynns Sword of Legendary Wraith Smiting whenever I get back to doing the weapon reviews themselves.

As it turns out I actually forgot to add a /spoiler after the latest weapon entry so it crashed the thread >.<

All fixed and pretty now. :) I think the weapons are a nice touch too. Thank Keil for that suggestion.

#13 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

just a suggestion... but if you added prices it would be cool. i know they tend to change from time to time. It's not that i'm too lazy to look it up... well maybe... but if you had prices people could see what's in their ballpark range.

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

just a suggestion... but if you added prices it would be cool. i know they tend to change from time to time. It's not that i'm too lazy to look it up... well maybe... but if you had prices people could see what's in their ballpark range.

I already have a thread for helping choose Battledome sets for different price ranges and several of these items can be found there already priced. When I have the time I will probably go through and add current prices but its likely to get out-dated and that is something I am trying to avoid.

Edited by Yung, 28 January 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Plus rep thanks so much for this. All though having it soo many spoilers is really annoying, i have to click through it all :(

Maybe just de-spoiler it and have it all alphabetized so its easy.

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

Sorry that the many Spoilers annoy you but I need them to help me keep it all organized in different categories. The de-spoiler version I had of this was too much for me to keep organized properly and I would have to have a different section in Alphabetical order to help newer players not get confused by what is actually weapons and what is defense or freezers or what not.

For now I am going to keep it in spoilers, just try not to open them all up at once. ;)

Added some healers to the reviews... gonna get at least two or three freezers done before I move on to the Stealing items.

#17 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

Correct me if im wrong, i have read some of the descriptions, specially with anagram swords, and found them only formatted for 2P. Can't you throw a few sentences for 1P as well?

Edited by Junjun, 29 January 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

Correct me if im wrong, i have read some of the descriptions, specially with anagram swords, and found them only formatted for 2P. Can't you throw a few sentences for 1P as well?

It specifies in the description that this is really geared more for 2P. I will eventually add a few notes for 1P but there are weapons and strategies with those weapons that work fine so there is really not as much of a need to write a review for 1P when it doesn't apply to a lot of these near as much as it does the 2P aspect.

#19 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

It specifies in the description that this is really geared more for 2P. I will eventually add a few notes for 1P but there are weapons and strategies with those weapons that work fine so there is really not as much of a need to write a review for 1P when it doesn't apply to a lot of these near as much as it does the 2P aspect.

I can't agree with you there 100%, specially with price to cost part. But your guide, your rules.. (:

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

I am writing the reviews with 2P in mind is what my point is... I am not saying that some of these don't serve well for 1P because most of them do but for the review itself it is unfair to grade it based on its 1P factors that remain constant as the opponents aren't changing. The 2P Battledome Experience changes frequently and I am trying to weigh in those factors as much as possible.

#21 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I am writing the reviews with 2P in mind is what my point is... I am not saying that some of these don't serve well for 1P because most of them do but for the review itself it is unfair to grade it based on its 1P factors that remain constant as the opponents aren't changing. The 2P Battledome Experience changes frequently and I am trying to weigh in those factors as much as possible.

I got your point, and saw the change on your title (or i didnt see it before, sorry) Now it looks better, and like i said before it already looks great, its clear to see you have a big effort on it. Keep up the good work. ;)

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

I'm doing my best to write the most fair unbiased reviews that I can for each of these and some are easier than others.

I edited the description about an hour or two after I made this thread, haven't touched it since. It really is reviews geared more for 2P Battledome battles, but you can still use a lot of these for 1P and do just fine.

Also... I've added a couple of Freezers. :)

#23 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

H4000 has been at least 6.5 for quite some time now.

I also don't see how you can give a 100k item that breaks 20% of the time a 10/10 rating.

#24 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

H4000 has been at least 6.5 for quite some time now.

I also don't see how you can give a 100k item that breaks 20% of the time a 10/10 rating.

^
I haven't seen it for <6.5mil in a while
&I'd give the scroll like a 6/10 since for unlucky people like myself, it breaks so easily ><
Any serious bd-er should always aim for a non-fragile freezer
( And this is extremely stupid/silly, but would you pretty please un-capitalize the "o" in "Of" x3? It bugs me ;~~; )

Also, I'm not sure if you're listing alternatives (although you kind of did for the Bag of Healing Dust), but if you are a suggestion would be to list the Blue Scorchstone as an alternative for the Green Scorchstone since although it heals 10 less HP, it's 80% cheaper

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

^
I haven't seen it for <6.5mil in a while
&I'd give the scroll like a 6/10 since for unlucky people like myself, it breaks so easily ><
Any serious bd-er should always aim for a non-fragile freezer
( And this is extremely stupid/silly, but would you pretty please un-capitalize the "o" in "Of" x3? It bugs me ;~~; )

Also, I'm not sure if you're listing alternatives (although you kind of did for the Bag of Healing Dust), but if you are a suggestion would be to list the Blue Scorchstone as an alternative for the Green Scorchstone since although it heals 10 less HP, it's 80% cheaper

I'll fix the review for the H4000 Helmet, thanks to both of you for pointing that out. I had a lapse in my sleep deprived writing session where I thought it was a year ago.

I feel as though the Scroll Of Freezing is deserving of a 10/10 despite being Fragile and I explained why I rated that in the review. The Scroll Of Freezing is the cheapest 100% all species Freezer available. The Scroll Of Freezing costs at most 1.5% what an H4000 Helmet, it is no big deal for any of us to purchase these.

I am a serious BDer and while though I don't like the inconvenience of the Fragile aspect of any item I am not going to write it off as trash because of that.

I am a stickler for formatting and while though I too think it looks better as Scroll of Freezing, my formatting is to make the first letter capitalized in each word. So Scroll Of Freezing it is and shall remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users