104 replies to this topic

#51 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I really like all the new additions.

What kind of fighting styles do you recommend? for someone who is just starting out?
I was going to ask you to add more healers but you did it before i could ask you hahaha

I don't know what you mean by fighting style. I have an entire thread on Battledome Tutoring.
So I recommend you starting off there if you are new to the Battledome.

Also... i was wondering what are my pets attributes for?
like if i buy the Sword of Reif wouldnt it still do the same amount of damage now
then say if i were to train my pet to have strength of 100+?

No not at all. Read the TDN - Battledome Strength and Defense Boost Guide to further your understanding of how it works.

So what is the point of strength?

To make your pet stronger. Again please review the TDN - Battledome Articles if you are serious about getting into the Battledome.

Agility makes it so people miss more often when they try and hit you right?
and HP is obvious...

Agility doesn't do anything. If you read the guides I have clearly linked several times then you will see clearly that the only thing agility does in the Battledome is help you meet certain requirements for several Battledome items, such as the Heavy Robe of Thievery.

so what do the other ones do for you in the battle dome?

The only other stats are Intelligence and Defense.

Intelligence again is really only good for a few items in the Battledome like the Heavy Blue Tunic. Other than that there isn't much that Intelligence is going to do to help you in the Battledome.

Defense, based on Defense Boosts, will reduce the amount of damage you take from your opponents attacks leaving you with more HP after getting hit.

#52 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Added a couple of new reviews and rearranged the formatting a little. Hopefully the changes make it easier on the eyes.

I am also having trouble with the bold part at the bottom of the reviews, every time I save changes it adds the [b] tags, if I try and save it with them they remain. Anyone know whats going on with that?

I'm pretty sure that there's a limit on how much formatting a single post can contain. Note how it's affecting a lot more than just the ending statement.

Edited by Senrath, 16 February 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#53 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I am sure many of you have noticed that I have not been active the last couple days. The reason being that I have been working on moving the weapon reviews to a new location.

So be sure to check it out, Yung's Weapon Reviews, at this point I would really appreciate feedback or ideas on how to improve the site. I understand that it is very barebones right now but it is a work in progress.

This will help solve many of the formatting issues experienced with trying to contain the entirety of the Weapon Reviews in a single post. I really hope you guys can give me some good and constructive input.

I would really like to thank soul__stealer for hosting it for me and giving me this opportunity I am very grateful.

#54 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'd suggest adding a little more information to the front page, a header image for the whole site would work wonders in appeal.

#55 pwnful13371

pwnful13371
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

this is a very good guide like most of yours. :)

#56 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Just a brief update on the site.

• Added the reviews for the Hidden Tower Active Shields.
  • Interlinked everything (That has proven very time consuming).
  • Added banner (Thanks Strat).
  • Double-checked all links; none broken.

#57 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Banner looks good :p I also like the centre align too. Makes it a lot 'cleaner' imo. Good work so far.

#58 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

I went to go check out your webpage again Yung - the banner looks great!

But I drank half a jar of moonshine last night and your background makes me want to ...

OH GOD BRB

#59 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

New updates to the webpage:

• Smuggler's Cove Shield reviews added
  • More interlinked pages
  • Spiffy new shortcut image (The little image on the tab)
  • Shortcut image added to all pages
  • Experimenting with some new backgrounds

Edited by Yung, 25 February 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#60 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Your current background that you have on there now (the greyish looking one) i like a lot more than the previous one. Also the little Gbomb icon on the tabs is a nice little touch.

#61 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Your current background that you have on there now (the greyish looking one) i like a lot more than the previous one. Also the little Gbomb icon on the tabs is a nice little touch.

I also like the greyish one.

#62 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Added additional webpage updates:

• Search Feature Now Works (When new pages are added it takes a few days Google to creep and add them to the search, be patient)
  • Added credits to Strat for his contributions with images. His came out better than I did so +Rep on that.
  • Changed some of the URL's

Hopefully everyone likes the updates the search has proven to be a lot of work but its starting to work right, if you search for any of the pages that are there currently and something is broken please let me know here in this thread and I'll try and speed up the Creep through that page again.

#63 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Updates during our downtime:

• Added Battledome Guide
  • Added Healers
  • Added Non-Case Specific Features to the Search Feature
  • Expanded the Search Feature

#64 Waterfall

Waterfall
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

The grey one is nice

#65 ggbb

ggbb
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

I really feel that Sword of Light should be rated higher than Sword of Water and Sword of Dark as the KBT is pretty much superior to the water sword and there are more water blockers/reflectors such as KST, FTab, and UBoGJ while SoS gets destroyed by the extremely cheap and common HCC which any poor player can afford. The threat of using the light sword would force the opponent to use HNMS or Sloth Armour frequently allowing you to use the fire sword to go through defences.

#66 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yeah I agree. I'm going to re-evaluate all of my reviews after I have them all moved over to the webpage.

http://yung.teamsnak.com/

I haven't had much time to work on the webpage this last week or two but I'll be getting back to work on it either tomorrow or the next day. Seems like every time I go to work on it I end up working out bugs in the search and fail to add more content. Once I get everything added and I evaluate and update the reviews for everything I have I'll be adding new reviews. Interlinking all of the pages takes a while quite a bit as well it's fun though just time consuming.

#67 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

The homepage: http://yung.teamsnak.com/ has been given a complete facelift. What do you guys think of the new design?

#68 daj0sephz

daj0sephz
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

the design is great, but imo your content is lacking. for eg there is no mention of pch greater staff of the earth faerie shield of pion troect clawed shield.
no mention of cbt and klp for healers , ssyt too.
no mention of honey pot ( although its quite outdated weapon, but still u mentioned nqII weapons so... )
jpot
klens
etc etc.

#69 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was only asking how the Home Page looked. lol.

If you read through all this you will see I still have plenty of content to add and I ran out of room here. The process moving to the site is kinda slow but it's still happening. Be patient and you'll see all that and more! :D

#70 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Updated: March 30th, 2012

• Added new graphics
  • Improved search feature
  • Added additional buttons
  • Added more reviews
  • Improved battledome guide

Adding more and playing with different formats on some of the pages. Overall quality is improving, adding more content later today. Going to get all of the reviews from in this thread on there and then start working on some more.

#71 kok123

kok123
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

does Ramtors Spellbook do 10 icon damage? Only does 9 for me lol.

#72 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

soul shut down the external review site I had built so I have removed the link from the OP. Weapon reviews shall resume in this thread.

#73 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

This is REAAALLY good + helpful! Thank you for it!

#74 alphanumeric

alphanumeric
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

A few more reviews would be nice, say on the Altador Trowing Star and maybe a few of the super-elite weapons too.

I like these reviews quite a bit. ^.^

#75 kennykk

kennykk
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

i guess the price should be updated 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users