• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Since I have had quite a few people ask me to help tutor them in the Battledome I end up repeating myself pretty often, so I have compiled the summary of what I tell all of them and now I'll share it here so that if you need to reference it for either yourself or to direct others you will know where to find it. Please read all of this before PMing me to further your tutoring. This outline here is EXACTLY what I am going to tell you to do. After you've got through this and have actually started showing that you are following this guide then shoot me a pm and we'll get started helping you build for a good league pet as well as finding the best weapon set for your price range.

Tutoring Guide:
There are a lot of BD pets for sale. If you self train one though you will learn the most about the process and you will actually see the improvements in the BD.

I recommend reading every article here: TDN Battledome Articles I know its a lot but read all of that. It will all help you.

Species Specifics:
Species specific weapons/armor plays a big role. Pteri's are 40% resistant to Air Icons.

I would recommend a Lupe though that way you can get and use the Ancient Lupe Wand, the cheapest 100% freezer available. Definitely a huge advantage.

Species Specific Weapons/Armour: TDN Species Weapon Overview
Species Specific Abilities: TDN Species Abilities

Commonly Asked Questions:
You may ask should I train up a bunch of levels, then train up a bunch of stats, or should I max out all stats before moving on to the next level?

Max out HP, Strength, AND Defense then level up. RE's, Faerie Quests, and all that helps save cost of training. Do you have a preference in time/cost?

If not I recommend the Mystery Island Training School then, set an alarm in you cell phone for when training is ending, get on and start training again. Train, train, train, train, and train this way and your pet will grow stronger very quickly.

I'd recommend stocking up on Codestones, ESPECIALLY if you get a good deal on a whole bunch of them. Trading Post, Key Quest, and User Shops. Get about 40-50 of each so that you can train for awhile and not have to worry about it. Then look at your budget and find a good set for your price range. I have an entire guide designed for just that alone. You can get to it through my signature.

Your best bet is to set alarms in your cell phone for when training is ending, that way even if you are sleeping you can still wake up for a few minutes to set your training stuff then go back to bed. Speed training in its cheapest form.

Don't forget that HP can be trained at the Mystery Island Training School 3x your current level + 3. So if you are Level 10 you can train your HP to 30 + 3 = HP: 33.

Q: Will battling everyday help my pet get better?

Battling every day isn't going to actually gain you anything other than experience in how the Battledome functions.

Q: When Should I start battling my pet?
Wait until you have all your stats you are training to where they stop saying stuff like Strong, Godly, and start showing numbers (21), (24), ect... Then PM me and I will help you from that point. Okay?

Q: Are Faerie Abilities important to level up?
Another thing I am going to make a point of saying now so that I don't forget about it later is that your Faerie Abilities can be leveled up but leveling them does nothing so don't waste your time attempting to get them higher. Burrow level 1 is every bit as effective as Burrow level 10, there is no difference at all. This was a part of a site feature and Battledome update that TNT never got around to completing. If ever they do update I will be sure to post about it and let everyone know.

Recommended start up guide for the Mystery Island Training School.
I recommend building your stats as follows:

Level 10
HP: 20
Strength: 20
Defense: 20

Then Level once and max to your new limits:

Level 11
HP: 22
Strength: 22
Defense: 22

Level 63
HP: 125
Strength: 125
Defense: 125
(Once your pet has reached these stats contact me and I will help you mold your pets build depending on whether you are wanting to focus on 1P Battledome or 2P as there are a bunch of different builds available)

Continue this pattern until your pet has the following stats, you will need to stop training Strength at 125:

Level 100
HP: 288
Strength: 125
Defense: 200

This will have you with a League 9 max pet. Since Neopoints shouldn't be an issue you should get some Armoured Neggs and use those to supplement your defense training. This will help you reach 200 Defense after just a short time.

ALTERNATIVELY (If you are really focusing on 2P):
You can train your stats to meet the following criteria:
Level: 58
HP: 176
Strength: 85
Defense: 125

League Reference Material:
League Overview
League Calculator

Bumping Thread:
If you are interested in being tutored to use the Battledome and you want to work on your 2P strategies, post here or pm me.

I just added a bunch of new content for this thread.

Edited by Yung, 04 February 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#2 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Don't forget that HP can be trained at the Mystery Island Training School 3x your current level + 3. So if you are Level 10 you can train your HP to 30 + 3 = HP: 33.

I'm curious about this. The School itself says that if you train your HP to more than double your level, you have to get your level back up to at least half your HP before you can train any other stats.

#3 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm curious about this. The School itself says that if you train your HP to more than double your level, you have to get your level back up to at least half your HP before you can train any other stats.

Well, lets say your pet is Lv 10 with 30 HP, and you want to train your pet. You can still train 3 more HP (10x3+3) but for training any other stats, you have to train level at least to 15 without training your HP, so it will be half of your HP. After that, you can train any other stats until they are 30 (double of your level)

Edited by Junjun, 28 January 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#4 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Right, but then he suggests training from 10/33/20/20 to 11/36/22/22, which as far as I'm aware you can't do.

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Right, but then he suggests training from 10/33/20/20 to 11/36/22/22, which as far as I'm aware you can't do.

Ah yeah... sorry *facepalm* I wasn't thinking... trying to do too much. I'll get to work on correcting that.

Corrected. Thank you very much for pointing that out. I'd completely forgotten that you still wouldn't be able to train the other stats until you brought your level to half your HP.

#6 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

No problem. Just trying to help.

#7 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Is Strength capped at 125 or something?

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

It is much appreciated... sometimes in my constant sleep deprived insomniac moments I forget important little details like that.

Is Strength capped at 125 or something?

Not not at all, technically you can train Defense to 249 and Strength to 199, but the moment your Defense is 250 or your Strength is 200 you hit the next level to your boost, thus changing your League from League 9 to League 10 and you have to work hard to max out before you begin battling or you will get trashed. A RE or Faerie Quest moving your HP up will also change your League. If it happens work hard and work fast to max out for your League level.

Leagues are a 2P user made system that is universally accepted by all the major Battledome Guilds for fair battles between users.

You can refer to this guide for Battledome Strength and Defense Boosts:

Strength and Defense Boost TDN Guide

#9 grapefruit

grapefruit
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

You should state that training menus for each person will be different depending on what they'd like to do. 1p training and 2p training are a little different because of specific league stats.

#10 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to add that in.

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Updated with some better content, enjoy guys.

#12 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hey thanks for all the help Yung.

Ill P.M. you when my pet gets to level 40 so i can tutor me on where to go from there.
Also... I'm wondering if i should start buying those red codestone things.... Will i need those anytime soon?
It couldn't hurt to have them ready anyways but i was just wondering.

#13 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

You will not be needing any Red Codestones until your pet reaches level 250. They are useless until then, if you get one save it but its gonna be months maybe even years before your pet will be ready for that.

#14 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Random stuff
Training Health to 3xlevel is nice for 1&2 codestone but after it can cost you(80x3=240 and you skip the 4 codestone bracket)
Other training methods should be added unless you are training for leagues
When fighting use a faerie ability or species attack unless opponent is frozen then fierce/berserk.
8 Dark, 8 Water 4 Earth faeries get you most of the important faerie abilities(Drain Life, Sink, Burrow, Quench, Steam Shield, Water Breathing and Water Vapour) 8 Air & 3 Fire can be also added for the chance to freeze abilities.

I know TDN has some useful articles but you should really add more rather than linking to their guides.

As much as I'm sure PMing you could offer better information you should just post what advice you would give eg 35 str boost is best time to start on the lower 1p opponents.

Listing BD items that could be in sets would be nice

/~garmfry /~Nootrishus /~silvercyanide4 would be better to read imo their weapon choices are sort've dated

Edited by Graz, 16 March 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#15 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I posted this on the other topic... but it should go in here...

If you are training your neopet in the Swashbuckling Academy at first... make sure you only buy the dubloons it asks you for.
I went and bought a "One Hundred Dubloon Coins" because i thought i could pay with those...
It turns out you cannot pay with anything higher then the coin it asks for.

Just so you guys know.

#16 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I posted this on the other topic... but it should go in here...

If you are training your neopet in the Swashbuckling Academy at first... make sure you only buy the dubloons it asks you for.
I went and bought a "One Hundred Dubloon Coins" because i thought i could pay with those...
It turns out you cannot pay with anything higher then the coin it asks for.

Just so you guys know.

Why else would One Dubloon Coins cost the same as/more than Two Dubloon Coins? :p

#17 Arazin

Arazin
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Very helpful, thank you Yung. :)

#18 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

What's the difference between 1P and 2P? And how much money would I be looking at for either of them?

#19 Nullo

Nullo
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Good information. Thanks.

#20 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

when you don't/can't train your pets, you can also isolate them so you can do kitchen quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users