29 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Marine to serve no jail time in Iraqi killings

I suppose all it takes to excuse the murder of two dozen people is to be a Marine.

#2 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Collateral damage. I'm curious about the person who was acquitted. Why wasn't his case dropped along with the rest? I figure it must be really easy to fuck up when on the front line, so I don't want to fault this guy. He wasn't intentionally trying to kill civilians.

Brian Rooney, an attorney who represented a former defendant, said cases like Haditha are difficult to prosecute because a military jury is unlikely to question decisions made in combat unless wrongdoing is clear-cut and egregious, like rape."

If it's a gray area, fog-of-war, you can't put yourself in a Marine's situation where he's legitimately trying to do the best he can," said Rooney, who represented Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani, the highest-ranking Marine charged in the case.

Those paragraphs at the end of the article convey exactly what I was trying to say. I get what punk said, if someone screws up, they have to pay for it. But those men and women have to make snap decisions every day that could determine whether they live or die. That's of course no consolation to the families destroyed by his mistake.

Edited by Ladida, 24 January 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#3 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

America fuck yeah!

#4 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Collateral damage. I'm curious about the person who was acquitted. Why wasn't his case dropped along with the rest? I figure it must be really easy to fuck up when on the front line, so I don't want to fault this guy. He wasn't intentionally trying to kill civilians.

And I don't intentionally try to dispense the wrong dosage to patients. But if I do, and that patient dies because of it, you can bet your ass I will get held accountable for it.
He's a Marine. He should be held to higher standards. They're going to maybe demote him, but not too much because he has kids as if we should care about his kids, but not the kids who were killed in Iraq for no reason.
He wanted to kill those people. He is a remorseless, lying, murderer.

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

War is war, the enemy is the enemy. To be honest, I wish we could still use mustard gas. Damn you to hell NATO.

-Posting in the likeness of my good friend Sweeney.

Edited by Adam, 24 January 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#6 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Posted Image

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

I think the word 'stupid' would imply too much dignity

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

War is war, the enemy is the enemy. To be honest, I wish we could still use mustard gas. Damn you to hell NATO.

Uh... except Sweeney is smart and funny.

#9 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Uh... except Sweeney is smart and funny.

I'm entitled to my opinion, this is America. Well at least, where I'm from that is.

#11 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'd rather avoid words and leave it to each one's interpretation, but yeah, we all know what I meant.

#12 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm entitled to my opinion, this is America. Well at least, where I'm from that is.

Nobody said you weren't. I think the idea is that your opinion is ignorant and morally affronting.

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Fair enough.
Then again:

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Fair enough.
Then again:

Remember? Muslims aren't people. D'oh!

Spoiler

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Bone, for your own sake,

GO TO BED BEFORE YOU GET ANGRIER AND CAN'T SLEEP TONIGHT

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't want another warn, so OBVIOUS SARCASM^

Posted Image

#17 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think you wanted to say the Geneva Protocol, not NATO. Mustard gas was outlawed before NATO even existed...

Well, outlawed from use in international war. Didn't stop Saddam from gassing the Kurds.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think you wanted to say the Geneva Protocol, not NATO. Mustard gas was outlawed before NATO even existed...

Well, outlawed from use in international war. Didn't stop Saddam from gassing the Kurds.

Sorry sir, it's been a while since I've taken a history class. I should have used Google.

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

Should this really surprise anyone anymore? I bet there's tonnes of incidents like this or even worse that have gone unreported.

#20 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Bone the gif in your signature is seriously creeping me out.

Posted Image

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

For a start, at least I can spell my own username.

But on top of that, where on Earth have you got the impression that I'm ok with mass murder?

#22 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

If you're not trolling, I hope you die tomorrow.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

And I don't intentionally try to dispense the wrong dosage to patients. But if I do, and that patient dies because of it, you can bet your ass I will get held accountable for it.
He's a Marine. He should be held to higher standards. They're going to maybe demote him, but not too much because he has kids as if we should care about his kids, but not the kids who were killed in Iraq for no reason.
He wanted to kill those people. He is a remorseless, lying, murderer.

That's a pretty commending statement. I'm glad that you lived his life, put yourself in a combat situation where anyone you see could be carrying a bomb, and knew what went on whent the killing happened. I'm glad you have that kind of power to know that hes a remorseless lying murderer. Could you direct your powers to help our government?

I think he should have at least been discharged for his actions :|

#24 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

That's a pretty commending statement. I'm glad that you lived his life, put yourself in a combat situation where anyone you see could be carrying a bomb, and knew what went on whent the killing happened. I'm glad you have that kind of power to know that hes a remorseless lying murderer. Could you direct your powers to help our government?

Just because he thinks anyone could be carrying a bomb doesn't give him license to blindly shoot (or order shootings). Under your logic, cops would have free reign to shoot anyone they pull over b/c just about anyone could have a concealed weapon.

#25 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

I think he should have at least been discharged for his actions :|

Ideally, I'd say that what he did was reprehensible and that it represents all the worst in the American army; but that's really the nature of war, and war is shit, and what do you expect when you put some 20-something year old good ol' boys in the Middle East on some vague notion? He should've been discharged though. We look pretty awful supporting 'lack of intelligence' as a reason for killing people.

Big deal, it's just a poor person anyway, nothing of value was lost.

Can I buy your WoW account? PM me with details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users