• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

POPULAR POST!

Posted Image

Ok, here is one of my favourite games on neopets, Neopian Battlefield Legends. This game has a max score of 125,266 which you will be able to get after reading and doing what this guide says step by step. There are lots of strategies for this game so I wont claim that mine is the best, but enough for you to get a trophy. The problem is, getting the max score won't be enough to get you a trophy alone. Unlike the other games, beginning of the month isn't a good time to send your score if you want a trophy, lots of people gets the max score easily, which makes high score list full with max scores.When you get the max score and send it, you will enter the list from the 100th place, and every other person who gets the max score after you will get you 1 rank higher. You have to make it to the trophy range and stay there until trophies are awarded, at 11 PM NST. I suggest you to send your score after the 15th day of a month. I sent my score this month, on 15th and got my trophy at 16th day's update, which means i made it from 100th place to trophy range after 36 hours. (It was noon when i sent my score on 15th) So, let's start the guide.

Your goal will be defeating all waves without letting a single enemy escape, building towers around.In this guide, I will just use the basic tower (which is Wooden Tower) and the Rapid-Fire Tower, to keep things simple.

Here are what you will choose before beginning the game:

Posted Image

Lets see what will our main screen look like and which icon means what:

Posted Image

You will be able to upgrade your towers once you place them, by clicking on them and click on upgrade option. We will create a maze, so the enemy have to run a faster distance to escape, and we will have more time to attack them. Now let's see what you will do step by step. We will use Wooden Towers less than Rapid-Fire Towers. Wooden Towers will be used at the beginning since they are cheap, and at certain places to be sacrificed to the "attacker invaders". Yes, you will see (rarely, at spesific levels) those attacking invader attacking to the first possible tower it can, and sooner or later, some of your towers will be destroyed. (or you have to sell it before it is destroyed but we will skip that part.) I will place those cheap towers, and upgrade them to their maximum size to survive more. When they will be destroyed, don't remove them from your map so their ruined form will stay block enemies way. As enemy comes, you will also see the path they will follow, while you are placing a tower, it helps you to decide what you will do next both you won't need that either if you follow my guide step by step. So let the game begin!

WAVE 1: Don't click on the "play" icon to start the wave yet, place your towers first as you see on the image. It will be enough to deal all your enemies for the first wave. Place 3 Wooden Towers as it is shown:

Posted Image

WAVE 2: You will have 50 gold at the beginning of this wave, just wait until you kill the first 2 skeiths that will come (which will make you earn the enough gold to place a Rapid-Fire Tower) and pause the game to place a Rapid-Fire Tower to the shown place, and upgrade it once before the next wave starts.

Posted Image

WAVE 3: Quiglle Runners will come, and they are really moving fast, but your current combination will be enough to deal with all of them. Before next wave starts, upgrade your Rapid-Fire Tower to its MAX size.
Posted Image

WAVE 4: Your combination will be enough again to deal with this wave, before you face the next wave, upgrade the first Wooden Tower (which is shown on the pic) to its 3rd size (we will upgrade it to max on next wave) since it will be used as a "tanking tower" against to the agressive invader which will appear soon.

Posted Image

WAVE 5: Be sure you upgrade the tower you previously upgraded, to its max size, and place a few Wooden Towers as they are shown on the pic before next wave starts. Quiggle Runners will be here, with more HP this time.

Posted Image

WAVE 6-7: Place a new Rapid-Fire tower at the shown place before wave 7 starts. At wave 7, the invader that attacks will appear within this wave. Most of your towers will attack it so 1-2 invaders may make their way out of you current towers' ranges. Just for a back up, place the 2 Wooden Towers to the place shown, just before the exit of the battlefield.

Posted Image

WAVE 8-9-10: Before wave 8, upgrade the Rapid-Fire Tower that you placed previously twice, an during the wave upgrade it once more, to its max size. Before wave 9 starts, add another Rapid Fire Tower next to it as its shown, and upgrade it once. You will upgrade it once more before wave 10 starts, and your battlefield will look like this:

Posted Image

WAVE 11-12-13: Upgrade the Rapid-Fire tower that you last upgraded, to its max size, then the other 2 Wooden Towers that is shown on the pic. Place another Rapid Fire Tower to the shown spot and upgrade it to its max size before wave 14 starts. Since flying enemies will go straight to the escape point, we will start to focus building more Rapid-Fire Towers to the way they will follow.
Posted Image

WAVE 14: You may start to lose a Wooden Tower or more, since another attacking invader will come on wave 14. That's not a problem, just continue building your towers as I show. Place a Wooden Tower and a Rapid-Fire Tower to the spots shown and you will be good to go.
Posted Image

WAVE 15-16-17: We continue building more towers, and our maze will start to appear, making enemies to run a huge way around the battlefield before they are able to escape. Build the towers 1 by 1from now on as they are shown with numbers. You battlefield will look like this when wave 18 starts:
Posted Image

WAVE 18-19-20-21-22-23:
Start to upgrade all of the towers you currently have on your battlefield to their max sizes, as you gain gold during these levels. Rapid-Fire Towers have the priority since you need them for flying enemies as well. Don't upgrade your Wooden Towers except the ones you have at the beginning of the path you created. (Shown on pic) You will need them to tank more attacking invaders. You shouldn't face a trouble from now on, so you can play the game at the fast mode. Before wave 24 starts, your battlefield will look like this:
Posted Image

WAVE 24-25-26-27-28-29: Ignore my lil typo on the image, too lazy to edit it. (you=your) Upgrade that Wooden Tower which is shown previously to its max size, and its time to add more Rapid-Fire Towers! This time, order won't be important much since you will be dealing with your enemies easily. Don't place them at once, just upgrade them to their max sizes time to time, before placing new ones. Check the image for newly added towers. Before wave 30, your battlefield will be like this:

Posted Image

WAVE 30 TO 50: Game is pretty easy from now on, most of you won't need me anymore. Focus more on Rapid-Fire Towers for taking down incoming flying enemies on later waves. I'm just posting my final wave image to give you an idea about what to do/how to build your towers after wave 30. Keep expanding your maze longer and longer. Since you will face those flying machines again at wave 30, place the Rapid-Fire Towers on the image that is on their following path first. (Your current towers are enough to deal with that wave but just incase you skipped something, do it for being sure you won't let any of them escape. Also more will be coming pretty soon) On wave 44 last attacker invader will appear but it won't matter how many building it will destroy, since you will have a huge maze full of towers. Still, if you lose even more than me, just replace the ruins of some destroyed towers with new Rapid-Fire towers. (Always replace the ones those in the flying enemies' range first) Aim to get a battlefield something smilar to this until you are on wave 50: (Pay attention to the towers if they are Wooden Towers with 1 catapult, or Rapid-Fire Towers which has 2 catapults)

Posted Image

Another typo *headdesk* (the=to) Anyway, if you have done everything correctly, you should have 125,266 points on the final screen of the game, which is the max score. Congratulations :)

I hope you enjoyed my guide, this is my very first guide ever, i spent a huge time for completing it so i hope you will like it. If i get positive comments, i may creat guides for other games as well.

Edited by Junjun, 24 January 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#2 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Great stuff! especially the level by level part.

I have another method which is creating a L shape starting from the entrance (flow is from right to left, so pick darigan)... and slowly fatten and improve the L shape. fill the front line with cannons followed by rapid fire arrow.

and for security block the two paths above the big stone and continue the line below the big stone forcing the troops to walk up and then down. (create this blockage with the cheapest tower)

#3 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Great stuff! especially the level by level part.

I have another method which is creating a L shape starting from the entrance (flow is from right to left, so pick darigan)... and slowly fatten and improve the L shape. fill the front line with cannons followed by rapid fire arrow.

and for security block the two paths above the big stone and continue the line below the big stone forcing the troops to walk up and then down. (create this blockage with the cheapest tower)

There are lots of possibilities since enemies aren't that hard to beat, just used one of them to make it clear :) Thanks for your comment.

#4 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Will definitely keep this in mind next month (if I'm not too lazy cX), great guide ^^~

#5 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Will definitely keep this in mind next month (if I'm not too lazy cX), great guide ^^~

Thank you (: For those who found it useful, i can take suggestions for the next guide ill possibly create. You can suggest more than 1 and ill see which ones i can make, im not good at every game to be honest :p

Edited by Junjun, 24 January 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Cool, thanks! I haven't made it around to playing this game yet, but I'll definitely keep this in mind when I do. I love the level by level and pics.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ima try this out :)

#8 rzerox

rzerox
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

I like the Level by Level part
I haven't go around to playing the game yet.

#9 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Nice to see some people like it, thanks guys (:

#10 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I just finished~!!!!

I got into some trouble in round 46 or 47 when a enemy came and destroyed a few more of my towers then expected. Some ballooners (4) made it to my exit xD
Just bad luck hahaha

Ima try again though~

THANKS FOR THE GUIDE!!!! It helped soooo much!

#11 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just finished~!!!!

I got into some trouble in round 46 or 47 when a enemy came and destroyed a few more of my towers then expected. Some ballooners (4) made it to my exit xD
Just bad luck hahaha

Ima try again though~

THANKS FOR THE GUIDE!!!! It helped soooo much!

You are welcome, i guess you were unlucky with the attacker invaders. Since you can't control towers to make them attack it at once, depending on your luck, it may die slower, which makes it destroy more towers, and that means less damage on enemy. Just try once more and you will be able to get the max score hopefully, if you feel like you will have trouble with flying ones, just add a few more Rapid-Fire Towers around the flying enemies' path.

OR

Just delete the ruined towers, and build new Rapid-Fire Towers to their places, it will be much more easier for you i guess.

Edited by Junjun, 24 January 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#12 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

You are welcome, i guess you were unlucky with the attacker invaders. Since you can't control towers to make them attack it at once, depending on your luck, it may die slower, which makes it destroy more towers, and that means less damage on enemy. Just try once more and you will be able to get the max score hopefully, if you feel like you will have trouble with flying ones, just add a few more Rapid-Fire Towers around the flying enemies' path.

OR

Just delete the ruined towers, and build new Rapid-Fire Towers to their places, it will be much more easier for you i guess.

Ill be sure to try it out :)

This guide is amazing though! I wouldn't have gotten so far.

#13 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ill be sure to try it out :)

This guide is amazing though! I wouldn't have gotten so far.

Im glad you liked it. Just if you keep having a trouble, ask it away and i'll advice you a few more things. (:

Edited by Junjun, 25 January 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

This is one of my personally favorite games to sit down and play legit. I am glad to see that you have a similar strategy to my own. I do things a little different but that is one of the things I enjoy about tower defense games is that there can be variation to obtain the same outcome.

#15 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yea, thats why i love tower defense games too but still, i wish this game was more challanging, with more strategy required.

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Now all we need as an Anti-Tower defense game, where you are trying to get your waves past the enemy lines bringing in the baddies!

#17 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

I suggest you to send your score after the 15th day of a month. I sent my score this month, on 15th and got my trophy at 16th day's update, which means i made it from 100th place to trophy range after 36 hours. (It was noon when i sent my score on 15th) So, let's start the guide.

Yes thank you! Have been looking for the time date to send this in for months!
I've really been trying for 4-5 months sending the score in at different times with no success, I once missed by very few spots though... going to send it in now :)

#18 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Now all we need as an Anti-Tower defense game, where you are trying to get your waves past the enemy lines bringing in the baddies!

That would be seriously awesome!

Yes thank you! Have been looking for the time date to send this in for months!
I've really been trying for 4-5 months sending the score in at different times with no success, I once missed by very few spots though... going to send it in now :)

Good luck mate, if you can get the gold one, you are really lucky, but its not too hard to get the bronze.

#19 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Try towards the end of the month for trophy... around 20 - 24 is about the good time.. during that period the speed of going up the table is slower and within 2-4 days will reach the top 17 area.. and since its slow.. there's a good chance to get gold/silver trophy..

I got my gold after 3rd attempt around these dates.. silver on my first attempt though..

#20 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

There isnt a huge difference between days after 15th of the month, since lots of people already know to save their score for later days. Still, its up to you, i got silver on my first try on 15th, and it took 2 days me to make it to the trophy range. Its slow enough if you ask me, and if you wait for really later days of a month, list may get reseted before you can make it to the trophy range.

#21 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Try towards the end of the month for trophy... around 20 - 24 is about the good time.. during that period the speed of going up the table is slower and within 2-4 days will reach the top 17 area.. and since its slow.. there's a good chance to get gold/silver trophy..

I got my gold after 3rd attempt around these dates.. silver on my first attempt though..

Well I'd usually send my score in during the first week of the month, probably why I never got it... same with Splat a Sloth xD
I once missed the gold slot by 3 spaces! (Was kicked out right before the trophies were handed out)

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

An Anti-Tower game similar to this Villianous would be ideal. Completely different spin on the Tower Defense genre.

Villianous

This game is on Armor Games, excellent game and very unique Tower Defense twists.

#23 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

I know that game and its awesome, still i count myself lucky we have a tower defense game in neo too, i wouldnt expect more from them tbh.

EDIT: You made me start to play that game again, let's see how far i'll go before i get bored.

Edited by Junjun, 26 January 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#24 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can't we just SS this game for like, 4 hours or something?

I mean, we know the highest score, so what's to stop us?

Edited by Russ, 29 January 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#25 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

SSing is always risky. I know lots of ppl who cant use it/ dont want to use it. With my guide, its easy peasy so why SS? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users