IQ Test

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm sure there are threads in the past about tests like these. Dolly posted this in a status and nymh commanded her to post it here, but she didn't, so I picked up the slack.

Feel free to post your results, or don't. As long as you are over 100, you don't have anything to be ashamed of :p (And even if you are under 100)

Iq tests are not a definitive measurement for intelligence. It attempts to judge your capacity to reason by providing you with patterns and having you complete the patterns. Not all people think in a method capable of solving these easily, and just because you cannot recognize patterns and solve them, does not mean you are stupid. Scoring high does indicate a high capacity to reason, hence why they are an excepted form of measurement for intelligence.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#2 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Every time I try to take one of these I stop at the 15th question because they are so incredibly boring, annoying, and time consuming.

I've never gotten to the end.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Every time I try to take one of these I stop at the 15th question because they are so incredibly boring, annoying, and time consuming.

Hence the spoiler.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

You can just imagine my derisive laughter, right? Save me the effort of making a video or something?

#5 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

You can just imagine my derisive laughter, right? Save me the effort of making a video or something?

Make the video.

#6 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I got a 105... haha I'm normal... by the time i reach question 27 - 29 onwards i was having a hard time and it almost gave me a headache... maybe i should try it again at home when i'm more relaxed..

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

Since were doing these kinds of tests; argue do you know one that tests EQ? That would would be just as interesting :)

#8 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

I felt like this was way too easy. Everything up to 30 wasn't even time consuming.

Attached File  iq.jpg   125.08KB   62 downloads

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

I felt like this was way too easy. Everything up to 30 wasn't even time consuming.

Attached File  iq.jpg   125.08KB   62 downloads

i bet it was, considering you probably used youtube to 'help' you.

#10 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yes, because I need the morale "boost" that comes from impressing random strangers.

Maybe the fact that its not an accurate IQ test would be the answer to your problem.

#11 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

This, plus I'm horrible at patterns and puzzles and stuff~ >w>
I'll try it later on though!! Ok, tried it out!! This is kinda surprising considering I guessed about half of them~ :p
Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Turnip, 09 February 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Posted Image

:( I think that's as low as it goes.

#13 namida

namida
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Yes, because I need the morale "boost" that comes from impressing random strangers.

Maybe the fact that its not an accurate IQ test would be the answer to your problem.

I think emotional intelligence and being a "social predator" is more valuable
(i'm just a very materialistic little hedonist :D)

#14 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

I got 118. I got bored and didn't think carefully about the last 3 or 4 patterns.

#15 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Oh look, Google is at Mensa level.

Posted Image

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Took it again, got 140 - though I am sure taking it a second time is cheating. Got 129 the first time.

Thank you argue for heeding my command

Also am I the only one that thinks those synapses look like buttholes?

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

I got 127, not planning on taking it again. Last time I was properly tested I scored 159, the time before that 172. Guess I've smoked too much cause apparently my mind processes things differently now.

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

You never know. My childhood rival/frienemy had an astonishing high IQ level (she always made sure to tell people when she met them). She made straight A's in all our advanced classes, but then again, in 7th grade she was still running around acting like a velociraptor. On the buss, we were driven by a field where there was construction going on and she gasped and said, "But that's where the hawk lives!" Also, I saw her drop a tootsie pop she was licking on the ground, and she stood there trying to blow all the grass off for over 5 minutes. So.... you never know.  

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Since were doing these kinds of tests; argue do you know one that tests EQ? That would would be just as interesting :)

Idk. I stole this from someone else's status :p

#20 rapmastahc

rapmastahc
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

I got 127, not planning on taking it again. Last time I was properly tested I scored 159, the time before that 172. Guess I've smoked too much cause apparently my mind processes things differently now.

Aren't most standardized IQ tests heavily dependent on age, with scores naturally decreasing as it increases? I've heard this somewhere but can't point to a source, so I might just be flat-out wrong. But it would explain the decrease in your scores over time without pointing to smoking

#21 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

Aren't most standardized IQ tests heavily dependent on age, with scores naturally decreasing as it increases? I've heard this somewhere but can't point to a source, so I might just be flat-out wrong. But it would explain the decrease in your scores over time without pointing to smoking

It would also explain why my IQ was 184 when I was 13 and it's only 129 now according to this test.

I would be interested to take a real test and see what my actual IQ is now.

#22 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Umm... Except this isn't a real IQ test....

Moreover, the scale even states that the standard deviation is 15, while an actual IQ test uses a deviation of 10....

With that said, I've taken an actual IQ test with a psychologist when I was 15 and scored a 117. (I lost the majority of my points on the spatial reasoning portion in which my score was like a 71....)

But yeah... this is highly inaccurate. If you're truly interested in your IQ, you'll need a real examination.

#23 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

I took it and got 109.

After about question 21, I got bored and started guessing. xD

Edited by Faerhii, 09 February 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#24 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I took it and got 109.

After about question 21, I got bored and started guessing. xD

Kind of this... It made sense at first and then I started seeing a way to make every answer work. There was no simple, just different ways of finding it. :p Logic doesn't exist when there's no defining factor.

#25 Blazin

Blazin
  • 2201 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

:D ...Mensa level!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users