Photo

New Avatar: Rubbish

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Current theory on the AC is that you must fit some (unknown) criteria(s) and click on the link http://www.neopets.c...phtml?r=&chdi=1
(One user on the AC just clicked on the link and got the avatar-- she also had no items in her inventory (that could be moved) & 13 items up in trades if it means anything)

#27 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

*sets up reload every to reload on the quickstock page*
*waits*

#28 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Also, posted in the new editorial:

**Community Notice**
We discovered a glitch this morning with the new avatar, which was causing it to be granted in ways that were not intended. If you got it already, no reason to worry or write in, but we have also fixed the glitch so it will no longer be given out in this unintended manner.

--This shouldn't affect the AC's current theory (what I posted above) since it says that the glitch was discovered this morning and the user who got the avatar by clicking the link got it < an hour ago, although it's probably why a bunch of people got the avatar at ~9am NST

Edit: On the AC, there are two other users who reported getting the avatar just by clicking the above link (http://www.neopets.c...phtml?r=&chdi=1) as well.

Edited by Rainie, 10 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#29 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think it's meant to be acquired when discarding items with quickstock while meeting some criteria, and the glitch was that people were getting it by depositing them. There still hasn't been a complete explanation, as far as I've seen.

#30 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

This new avatar is Rubbish.

oh god someone please shoot me now

#31 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

From this week's editorial

**Community Notice**

We discovered a glitch this morning with the new avatar, which was causing it to be granted in ways that were not intended. If you got it already, no reason to worry or write in, but we have also fixed the glitch so it will no longer be given out in this unintended manner.

#32 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

I think it's meant to be acquired when discarding items with quickstock while meeting some criteria, and the glitch was that people were getting it by depositing them. There still hasn't been a complete explanation, as far as I've seen.

Most likely-- a bunch of people were getting the avatar yesterday morning by depositing them (rather than discarding), which would correspond with the editorial notice

Now it seems to be random while discarding at least one (junk?) item via quickstock o:

#33 magicc

magicc
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

The general theory is you've gotta discard items and its rewarded randomly. This seems about right in my eyes because all avatars these days have some kind of benefit for TNT, this would likely get rid of a lot of the junk thats clogging up the money tree and shops and stuff as well as increasing the amount people spend in neo shops rather than user shops.

#34 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

In theory yes this will prove to be beneficial to the economy as it will increase demand for these junk items and decrease the amount of them just laying about. The downside to this is that as soon as someone has earned the avatar then they will no longer need to keep discarding these junk items.

It would have been most beneficial to the economy to have a non-stop reward system for discarding useless items, or by giving some other use for them, Pile of Dung, wearable... okay.

By increasing demand of the expenditure curve to the left will decrease the supply surplus to the right.

#35 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

In theory yes this will prove to be beneficial to the economy as it will increase demand for these junk items and decrease the amount of them just laying about. The downside to this is that as soon as someone has earned the avatar then they will no longer need to keep discarding these junk items.

It would have been most beneficial to the economy to have a non-stop reward system for discarding useless items, or by giving some other use for them, Pile of Dung, wearable... okay.

By increasing demand of the expenditure curve to the left will decrease the supply surplus to the right.

Here's a tip: using more words doesn't make you sound smarter. You could have said that in a sentence.

#36 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

We have come to the conclusion that there is one strategy that appears to be most effective...Most people who have unlocked the avatar have gotten it while discarding 70 items at once using Quickstock...You will not be able to discard more than 70 at once. So you keep repeating this process until you either get the avatar or run out of stuff. If you run out of items you have to buy more junk and repeat the process.

This avatar is most likely released in an attempt of TNT to clear up their databases from the thousands and thousands of junk items that are given out by random events every day, and that are in essence useless. By getting Neopians to collect these items, and massively discard them, this declutters TNT's databases. Its a win-win for everyone.

SN

#37 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

It will also work as np sink :p most of those accounts are abandoned so the neopoints from the items that people buy will sit there rotting forever most likely.

#38 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

Ugh this one's busting my ass. Plus TNT said today it wasn't random so presumably it's discarding like 5000 items cos that's what people have been saying they need to discard.

Then again I wouldn't trust TNT far as I could chuck 'em ;)

Edited by trizzle, 18 February 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#39 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

TNT posted the following in yesterdays editorial:

So... is the Rubbish avatar truly random when doing a certain task, or are there certain specifications that we must meet in order to get it? It's exhausting me. :( ~coastermaster392
Cleaning up Neopia is hard work! However, it's also not randomly rewarded. It may seem that way, due to the somewhat malfunctioning start that it got, but we can assure you it's not random. :)

#40 chipmunk

chipmunk
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

Took discarding over 5000 items, but I got it!!! :nahnah:

#41 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Got this avvie a couple of days ago! Posted Image Worked for me when discarding about 300+ old rotten left shoes. Before that I'd tried discarding around 1000 assorted junk items but had no luck.

I can't tell if it's to do with total number of discarded items or number discarded of the same item. I'd lean towards the latter myself.

#42 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Got this avvie a couple of days ago! Posted Image Worked for me when discarding about 300+ old rotten left shoes. Before that I'd tried discarding around 1000 assorted junk items but had no luck.

I can't tell if it's to do with total number of discarded items or number discarded of the same item. I'd lean towards the latter myself.

See I don't know. I knnow someone who discard 43 items at a time, twice and got the avatar. The items were different. So, I'm not sure. :/

#43 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

From what I've seen, it should be neither of those (or if it is, there is an additional criteria(s) required)
People have gotten the avatar from discarding different numbers of items (zero to thousands) and from discarding different items (that aren't always the same)

#44 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

From what I've seen, it should be neither of those (or if it is, there is an additional criteria(s) required)
People have gotten the avatar from discarding different numbers of items (zero to thousands) and from discarding different items (that aren't always the same)

Fro rly? Hmmm interesting. Maybe it is to do with an additional criteria(s) then seeing as it isn't random. Something to do with the money tree? I snagged a few items from there which I discarded too.

Also if they're discarding thousands of different items maybe they aren't discarding enough of the same item? Ugh I don't know. I wish I could help more but I didn't log exactly how much crap I discarded and exactly what all of it was.

Edited by trizzle, 20 February 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#45 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Fro rly? Hmmm interesting. Maybe it is to do with an additional criteria(s) then seeing as it isn't random. Something to do with the money tree? I snagged a few items from there which I discarded too.

Also if they're discarding thousands of different items maybe they aren't discarding enough of the same item? Ugh I don't know. I wish I could help more but I didn't log exactly how much crap I discarded and exactly what all of it was.

I see some people discarded thousands of same items. I personally think it doesn't matter which item you discard. You just have to discard a certain amount of items whicj is around 5-6k. People who discards less and gets the avatar, should have discarded more before the avatar was released, and thats why they had to discard less to get it. That's what i think..

#46 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I see some people discarded thousands of same items. I personally think it doesn't matter which item you discard. You just have to discard a certain amount of items whicj is around 5-6k. People who discards less and gets the avatar, should have discarded more before the avatar was released, and thats why they had to discard less to get it. That's what i think..

I don't think that's right because before the avatar came out I definitely didn't discard more than ~500 items. My pack rat items I gave away and the rest of my daily stuff I donated/let rot. I only discarded aroun 1.5-2k items to get the avi -__-

Conclusion: TNT can go to hell in a handbasket.

#47 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't think that's right because before the avatar came out I definitely didn't discard more than ~500 items. My pack rat items I gave away and the rest of my daily stuff I donated/let rot. I only discarded aroun 1.5-2k items to get the avi -__-

Conclusion: TNT can go to hell in a handbasket.

You know, also there were glitches so maybe our deposits before avatar was released got counted too? Just a theory..

#48 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

They'll figure it out eventually and until then I'm just not going to bother trying to get it. I'm way too lazy to find and discard thousands of items. I think it's going to end up being something about the time or the number of items you need to discard corresponding to something related to your account. I plan to wait it out.

#49 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ugh this one's busting my ass. Plus TNT said today it wasn't random so presumably it's discarding like 5000 items cos that's what people have been saying they need to discard.

Then again I wouldn't trust TNT far as I could chuck 'em ;)

I am sure the amount is random, but it's set before hand for each player. There's a new value in the url when you discard stuff maybe that acts as counter. It is like the Old Grumpy King avatar. You get it always when you meet the requirements (but meeting those requirements it's the random part).

Edited by Hydrange, 20 February 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#50 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

They'll figure it out eventually and until then I'm just not going to bother trying to get it. I'm way too lazy to find and discard thousands of items. I think it's going to end up being something about the time or the number of items you need to discard corresponding to something related to your account. I plan to wait it out.

I think the way you do, im not in a big hurry to get it. If i feel super bored someday, and it will be still not found, then i may start to discard items to get the avatar. It wont cost much but some time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users