Bandicoot
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

Thank you! now i have clarification that it isnt just my computer! :D

#4 jaque

jaque
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

It's good to know I didn't screw up my program, hahah. Thanks for the clarification.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm not sure if the django server is actually down or if there's just some sort of weird problem with it. The initial tests pyro run indicate it should be fine.

The error it displays is an error specific to dreamhost, but Pyro doesnt have access into the dreamhost control panel :p

http://wiki.dreamhos.../Bad_httpd_conf

Yeah, looks like they probably screwed something up again with the configuration. :p

We should probably have some kind of contingency in place for this kind of thing.

#6 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated. GL!

#7 roxane

roxane
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

I was wondering what was going on! lol good to know hope it gets fixed soon!!!

#8 darklegacy

darklegacy
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

thanks for the feedback! much appreciated :D

#9 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

If it helps, it was still working for me while it went down for others since I already had it open from around 11:00 am NST (feb 11), I even ABed an item at 12:45 am NST (feb 12). Only once I closed the program manager and tried to open it up again is when I got the error (this was around 1:15 am NST).

Edited by rhexis07, 12 February 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

(this will sound confusing if you dont know what im talking about so please ignore this if you are technically-declined)

The Django server process is running, but the "bad_httpd_conf" is an apache related error and we do not use apache, we use ngnix. So there are some conflicts that are coming up with a configuration file and i am not sure how everything has been configured in the back end and will have to wait for Hydro or Shadow to come online (as soul has already stated).

I'm hoping that i can get things up and running by tonight :)

~Cody

#11 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

(this will sound confusing if you dont know what im talking about so please ignore this if you are technically-declined)

The Django server process is running, but the "bad_httpd_conf" is an apache related error and we do not use apache, we use ngnix. So there are some conflicts that are coming up with a configuration file and i am not sure how everything has been configured in the back end and will have to wait for Hydro or Shadow to come online (as soul has already stated).

~Cody

Mmmmm, yes - that thing entirely.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

LOL you guys.
Just try not to break the forum.

The Django server process is running, but the "bad_httpd_conf" is an apache related error....

Posted Image

Apache warrior does not make error, white man. Them is fighting words.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

~Cody

At least it'll give you an opportunity to learn how to add an extra day onto everybody's subscriptions. :p

#14 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

At-least one extra day.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

At-least one extra day.

Is there any way we can have a mode we can switch to in case of these types of things happening in the future? Like a mode which will at least allow people to access the programs they already have installed?

#16 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

It is an idea that i have been tossing around, but the problem with that is that most programs rely on the functionality of the webserver, things like abrosia request item information and such...

The other problem this brings up is that someone could obtain all of the downloaded files, then use the hosts file to block us out and then use all the programs in that safe mode... Meaning banned members could use our programs.

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

The other problem this brings up is that someone could obtain all of the downloaded files, then use the hosts file to block us out and then use all the programs in that safe mode... Meaning banned members could use our programs.

Hmm, true. That's not really something we can program around without leaving it open either. :/

#18 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Don't know if this will help at all, but I've had abrosia running since yesterday (haven't closed anything at all) and it's working. Occasionally it will say it cannot update the list of programs in the manager, but that's the only problem I've had (+ slight hanging on checking main shops, I'm assuming that's cause I'm over my limit on my dongle).

#19 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, true. That's not really something we can program around without leaving it open either. :/

I use to be one of those people who would find exploits in systems and i feel like this is too large to leave open...

The only thing i can do is build things better, while the massive changes i have in plan effect the back end, users will not notice any visual changes and make things much more stable. There is a ton of clutter in the back of the site.

Don't know if this will help at all, but I've had abrosia running since yesterday (haven't closed anything at all) and it's working. Occasionally it will say it cannot update the list of programs in the manager, but that's the only problem I've had (+ slight hanging on checking main shops, I'm assuming that's cause I'm over my limit on my dongle).

Have you actually bought anything in the past 24 hours?

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

It should work fine as the necessary information about prices, profits etc is all loaded on start-up.

#21 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, I have. Quit a few things actully. This is the last in my log.

2012-02-12 20:18:41 - Bought A Mysterious Valentines Card: 3636 NP in 1547ms (Est. Profit: 11721 NP)
2012-02-12 20:19:40 - Bought A Mysterious Valentines Card: 3636 NP in 1390ms (Est. Profit: 11721 NP)
2012-02-12 20:31:49 - Bought Long Lost Desert Scroll Trinket: 2727 NP in 1500ms (Est. Profit: 13552 NP)
2012-02-12 20:31:56 - Missed Hanging Vines: Sold out. (Est. Profit: 6936 NP)

Past hour or so?

#22 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Abrosia loads this information for all possible shops? Are you serious.... -.-

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Abrosia loads this information for all possible shops? Are you serious.... -.-

It's all compressed I think and I don't think it comes out live from the database but from a cached file (you'd have to look into that though).

#24 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

I've had mine open also since earlier this morning and it seems to be working fine. I am using the score sender at the moment.
I did try and use the auto buyer but visiting the shops was taking a while so I left it. I think this was my internet connection though.

#25 staticlul

staticlul
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

I've had mine open also since earlier this morning and it seems to be working fine. I am using the score sender at the moment.
I did try and use the auto buyer but visiting the shops was taking a while so I left it. I think this was my internet connection though.

I just started using and contributing with a little cash recently on Neocodex and have been enjoying the community thus far, but I noticed the same thing with mine - main shops seem to be running a bit slow too lately so was wondering if the downtime now and the slow issue are both dreamhost problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users