40 replies to this topic

#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yung's Guide to Legit Restocking

Restocking has become a daily routine for many of us only we are using Abrosia to do this restocking for us and not many of us invest the time to actually restock as well. This guide is meant to help you become a legit restocker or give you something to do for whenever Abrosia is offline.

There are a lot of pretty good guides that cover all the basis when it comes to restocking and I recommend reading through some of those from the So You Need A Guide - RS Section.

Additional Note: Since many of us are professional restockers with Abrosia, it might be a good idea to practice on a Shell that you don't use for ABing to get your own RS speed faster. Then once you feel as though you could compete with yourself running Abrosia then switch to your account that you normally AB from. As Sarah has pointed out it could be seen as strange that you are normally very good at RSing and then suddenly get worse. As many people have "Off Days" once in a while being slower isn't bad but it is something to take into consideration before manually restocking.

Step #.1 - Familiarize yourself

Get familiar with the store you want to restock in, otherwise you will be losing a lot of Neopoints. It is good to know what is going to be making you a profit and what is going to be costing you.

Understand the basics:

• When you refresh and see an item you want click it.
  • You will be taken to the haggle screen
  • 0 is pre-entered. Don't waste time removing it.
  • Enter an easily keyed number close to the asking price, EX. 01888 is much easier and faster than 1928.
  • Quickly click the picture of the Neopet on the character recognition box.
Step #.2 - Where to start

It is generally recommended to start off with Books, Food Store, Toy Store, or Uni's Clothing. My examples will all be with Stamps, as that is what I am familiar with. Just stick to your strong points.

It is generally NOT recommended to use a Laptop to restock, this is for two reasons, most Laptops do not come with the independent keybad and only provides the keypad located above your QWERTY keyboard. It is much harder to enter a haggle price off of these than it is the independent keypad. The other reason it is not recommended is because most Laptop keyboards have an FN button that needs to be manually pressed to press F5 to refresh. This means you will either have to press the refresh button of your browser with your mouse or you will have to dedicate two hands just to refresh and scroll down. This will gravely hurt your refresh times.

Refreshing is key to restocking and finding a good steady groove is how you succeed. Personally I find clicking refresh on the 5 second mark is much easier than doing even/odds, or some other varying number. Get familiar with what is where on the page, if the same two items have been to the left the the moment that changes be sure to double scan the page for a potential restocking.

I think it might be good to add that having big hands can stretch your fingers if on a laptop/keyboard that has a row of numbers - for example, the width of my hand is 9cm, enabling me to hit the 1 and 8 keys in this example with one hand while navigating to mouse to the Neopet. In short - wear gloves.

Step #.3 - Examples
Posted Image

In this example the Drackonack Stamp restocked. Clicking on it quickly and typing in 09999 provides less time wasted haggling. With any luck you're restock would have been fast enough to beat the others trying to get the same item. Note that in restocking terminology this is called speed haggling. It doesn't matter if your offer is higher or lower than the asking price just so long as you enter the number quickly and it is within close range of the asking price for a given item.

You are not guaranteed to get the item but with any luck you are looking at a nice bit of profit. The Drackonack Stamp shown in the example is worth an estimated 1,200,000 NP and you have legitimately earned those Neopoints for yourself.

Step #.4 - Restock Bans

Refreshing more often will get you restock banned faster, restock bans are something we are all familiar about dealing with. This happens when you refresh too often in a Neopian Main Shop. When you get restock banned you are often banned from restocking from the Main Shops for 6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours, or 24 hours. You can tell that you are under a restock ban because nothing will be appearing in any Main Shop. Generally speaking there will always be some junk items in practically all of the shops, exceptions being Coin Shop and Collectible Sea Shells. The best bet is to go to a not so popular shop like Haunted Furniture to verify that your restock ban is active. This is a good time to sell off any UB's you've bought and for playing some games to help supplement your income.

*RS Bans are completely random-- I've gotten RS Banned after ABing for 10 minutes before while sometimes I don't after ABing for ~10 hours

(&They can also last up to 48 hours)

Step #.5 - Conclusion

Get familiar with what is in the shop you are refreshing in, you are wanting to make a profit and its a good idea to know what items in there will flip a good profit.
Practice speed haggling.
Employ speed haggling.
Get good items on your restocks and sell them via Shop Wizard, Trading Post, or Auction House.
Sit back and enjoy your riches when you get restock banned.

Step #.6 - Post Script

If you are wanting to use some video capture software to have proof that you are legitimately restocking for if you get banned then I recommend checking out the guide that Maude made outlining how to stream using video capture software. Her guide was written for Halo: Reach video capturing but it is the same basic concept.

Guide to Broadcast on JTV

Just don't get so far as streaming your restocking on JTV ;)
-----------

I know that this is just a quick guide but there really isn't a ton to cover on this matter all it really takes is practice.

Extra thanks to Russ for suggesting the video capturing. I completely forgot to include that.

Edited by Yung, 07 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

I think it might be good to add that having big hands can stretch your fingers if on a laptop/keyboard that has a row of numbers - for example, the width of my hand is 9cm, enabling me to hit the 1 and 8 keys in this example with one hand while navigating to mouse to the Neopet. In short - wear gloves. Otherwise, good guide, just don't forget to link some good video-capturing equipment to record yourself as evidence once TNT freezes you for using an ABer. ;)

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

I think it might be good to add that having big hands can stretch your fingers if on a laptop/keyboard that has a row of numbers - for example, the width of my hand is 9cm, enabling me to hit the 1 and 8 keys in this example with one hand while navigating to mouse to the Neopet. In short - wear gloves. Otherwise, good guide, just don't forget to link some good video-capturing equipment to record yourself as evidence once TNT freezes you for using an ABer. ;)

Aww and here I was thinking that some really animated web cam footage would work. ;)

I'll be sure to add that stuff and give you credit. :)

#4 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Aww and here I was thinking that some really animated web cam footage would work. ;)

I'll be sure to add that stuff and give you credit. :)

Wow, thanks! :p

#5 Origins

Origins
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Awesome guide, perfect for those users who do not want to risk their accounts while playing Neopets or those who don't wish to buy an ABer. :whistling:

Edited by Origins, 12 February 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Awesome guide, perfect for those users who do not want to risk their accounts while playing Neopets or those who don't wish to buy an ABer. :whistling:

Well... you are aware that you don't have to buy Abrosia which is our ABer... right?

Furthermore, this is also going to be good for those of us who want to be getting profits during times when Abrosia is down.

Keeping some completely legit account that has never cheated.

There are a lot of things that this is good for but it still requires you making the effort and doing the work yourself.

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Furthermore, this is also going to be good for those of us who want to be getting profits during times when Abrosia is down.

Keeping some completely legit account that has never cheated.

There are a lot of things that this is good for but it still requires you making the effort and doing the work yourself.

Well, unless they're lying, it's working already: http://www.neocodex....ember_id__44802

#8 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Again, looking for a guide from someone who isn't just mediocre at restocking...

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Again, looking for a guide from someone who isn't just mediocre at restocking...

Please, by all means, if you feel as though my guides on restocking are inadequate why not just write your own? Bitching about the fact that you feel my guides are mediocre accomplishes nothing.

#10 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Please, by all means, if you feel as though my guides on restocking are inadequate why not just write your own? Bitching about the fact that you feel my guides are mediocre accomplishes nothing.

Posted Image

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Gotta use a way over-used image because you don't actually have anything intelligent to counter the argument with = priceless.

#12 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Gotta use a way over-used image because you don't actually have anything intelligent to counter the argument with = priceless.

Posted Image

Love you Yung. :p

Edited by Russ, 12 February 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#13 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

This happens when you refresh too often in a Neopian Main Shop.

*RS Bans are completely random-- I've gotten RS Banned after ABing for 10 minutes before while sometimes I don't after ABing for ~10 hours

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

[/left][/center]

I'll make a note of this... based on personal experience and that of others who legitimately restock I have based what I said off of that.

#15 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'll make a note of this... based on personal experience and that of others who legitimately restock I have based what I said off of that.

Yes, to add, I had one once that lasted 36 hours - so I would guess it's: 6 hour bans for day 1 and 12 hour bans for day 2?

#16 Origins

Origins
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Well... you are aware that you don't have to buy Abrosia which is our ABer... right?

I am aware of that, but to make full use of it (or so I've heard) you must buy a subscription. :thumbsup:

#17 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

I don't mean to sound funny with you, the guide itself is good. But, wouldn't TNT find it rather suspicious for an account which has been so good at restocking (through AB'ing in high profit shops, timings etc) to suddenly be so... bad? Obviously that's only if you're doing it on the same accounts... but might want to add in a warning?

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

I am aware of that, but to make full use of it (or so I've heard) you must buy a subscription. :thumbsup:

You can make plenty without being Advanced though one of the perks of having Advanced is that you maintain much more control over your settings. Which is the #.1 reason why I recommend getting Advanced if you plan on using Abrosia more than once or twice a month. Definitely worth the investment.

I don't mean to sound funny with you, the guide itself is good. But, wouldn't TNT find it rather suspicious for an account which has been so good at restocking (through AB'ing in high profit shops, timings etc) to suddenly be so... bad? Obviously that's only if you're doing it on the same accounts... but might want to add in a warning?

Some of us are faster restocking manually than we are using Abrosia and so it doesn't apply to everyone. If it is a genuine concern practice RSing on a shell and get your speed up then go hit the shops on your regular ABing account. I think it would draw less attention to stop RSing all together than to have an "off day" where your buy times are slower.

#19 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Some of us are faster restocking manually than we are using Abrosia and so it doesn't apply to everyone. If it is a genuine concern practice RSing on a shell and get your speed up then go hit the shops on your regular ABing account. I think it would draw less attention to stop RSing all together than to have an "off day" where your buy times are slower.

I appreciate what you're saying, I'm thinking of those who won't be so good though. I don't think it would hurt just to mention it, especially for those who are new n don't understand the game much yet.

I've only got the one account atm, so it's not really an option for me to practise elsewhere. I did PM someone about a shell but got no reply. I'm lucky atm, I've still got abrosia open from yesterday so it hasn't affected me yet.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I went ahead and made an additional note at the beginning of the guide pertaining to your suggestion and credited you in that note.

That is cool that you remain unaffected by Abrosia being down. Take advantage. ;)

#21 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

To back up what sarah. has said, a user has been frozen before because he used to refresh every ~8 seconds (using Abrosia) and then his refresh rate suddenly turned to ~3 seconds (legitimately restocking)
(So it'd be less suspicious if one kept his/her refresh rate they used while ABing if they decide to legitimately restock)

#22 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

To back up what sarah. has said, a user has been frozen before because he used to refresh every ~8 seconds (using Abrosia) and then his refresh rate suddenly turned to ~3 seconds (legitimately restocking)
(So it'd be less suspicious if one kept his/her refresh rate they used while ABing if they decide to legitimately restock)

PM Yung with the full details - it's easier and usually quicker than posting and leaving him trying to work everything out.

Just sayin' :)

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I dunno, I think if you generally AB in one or two of the same shops, you could probably get away with manually RSing slower if you did it in other shops. Cause then you could factor in pricing and thinking time, since you wouldn't be used to the items.

#24 mandyx33

mandyx33
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'll keep this in mind when I decide to go back playing legit LOL

#25 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

I would also like to add this:

Aim: Legit RS in multiple shops at the same time.
Method: Using a multi-tab browser
Procedure:
  • Open up/download said browser.
  • Make about 3/4/5 tabs, depending on how many shops you think you can handle, and load those shops onto them, in an order that you'll find useful.
  • Using the 'reload all tabs' browser function/hotkey, you can, surprisingly, reload all of the tabs you have open at once. Try it.
  • Hopefully, you should notice that you can flick through them all in about a second per page, then reload them again, and repeat the procedure again and again. This is the fundamental idea behind multi-shop RSing.
  • Once you combine both your preferred RSing method and the multi-shop ABing method - you will notice that your profits will increase, in most cases.
Results: Once you try it for a little while, you'll either notice that you can manage this, or not. It's not an easy thing.
Conclusion: It is a good method if you can crack it/do it properly. :)

Pros:

• Multiple shops = multiple profit (counts for as many points as you have shops open :p )
  • Keeps up your refresh rate
Cons:

• Can be hard to do in fast shops
  • As a result of the first one, it can be slow
  • Could get a good buy in one shop, but there was a better one the next tab over - can be minimized by having less tabs
  • Slower than normal
  • Looking at multiple numbers/items could be confusing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users