#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

POPULAR POST!

Yung's Guide to Laundering your Neopoints Safely

I am going to be outlining a few of the ways to launder your Neopoints and ETS items. If you have any other ways of laundering your Neopoints and would like me to add it to this guide just let me know and I will implement it.

STEP #.5 Outlined below is the RECOMMENDED method of transfer. If you're wanting to save some time in your personal life then just focus on this:

Strategy #.5 - Directly Transferring the Item

This method involves buying an ETS or VETS and then transferring the item immediately to the account you intend to receive it. It is not the safest method of transferring items but if both accounts look like legit main accounts then it is likely to arouse less suspicion.

(EDIT: May 19th, 2013 - Hidden Tower Items toss red flags upon transfer of accounts for your safety do not use these items, use Morphing Potions or NON-HT Paintbrushes.)

Post Script Note: I wrote this entire thing under the assumption that you have the common sense not to have multiple accounts on the same IP address. If you are using multiple accounts then they all need to be on their own IP's so that you don't get a massive IP chain freeze for having multiple accounts.It takes a little sensibility to be able to cheat and get away with it, so assuming you are cheating and needing to launder your Neopoints then you probably already have multiple accounts all safely running on independent IP addresses. No need to assume that I am telling you that all this is being done or should be done from one singular IP address as that lacks all common sense and will get all of your accounts iced fast.

We should all be fairly familiar with the terminology but just to clarify:

VETS = Very Easy to Sell
ETS = Easy to Sell
HTS = Hard to Sell
EHTS = Extremely Hard to Sell
TP = Trading Post
AH = Auction House
GS = Guild Shop
AB = Autobuyer
SW = Shop Wizard
SSW = Super Shop Wizard

Consolidating your Neopoints:

First and foremost you will want to convert your Neopoints into ETS or VETS items. Here is a quick list of the things that are good to use for quick conversion:

*Baby Paint Brush - 595k
Royal Paint Brush - 1.79mil
*Ghostkerbomb - 7.2mil
Kelpbeards Trident - 8mil
Anagram Sword (Sword of Reif or Sword of Ari) - 10.5mil

(Items marked with * are VETS)

After buying one of these ETS you can more safely move your Neopoints by gifting, trading, or auctioning to one of your other accounts.

Strategy #.1 - Shell Hopping

This is one of the easier and preferred methods of keeping your assets safe. It involves transferring your consolidated Neopoints and then gifting these from shell account to shell account. To make this method safer what you should do is gift the item that you are wanting to transfer to the receiving shell account. Wait 2-3 hours and then log on to that shell account as this makes it look less like you are transferring to yourself and more like you have given the item to a friend. Wait 2-4 days and then transfer the item again to another shell and using the same method just described you will at this point deposit into your safety deposit box on that shell. You can increase the amount of shells that you shell hop your ETS items through as well as increase the amount of final deposit box shells the accounts transfer to in the end.

Many who shell hop this way tend to try and keep less than 10mil per deposit account to reduce the loss if that account gets iced.

Strategy #.2 - Guild Laundering

This is my preferred method of laundering Neopoints. This is especially good for those of us who prefer keeping a "Swiss Account" which is a pool of our wealth in one location. The easiest way to do this is to be the owner of a guild and to keep complete sole control over the assets in the guild account. Many guilds have guild accounts that members can donate to which in turn benefits the guild, often times through purchasing Avatar Lend items. If you have 3-4 accounts that you AB from then you can have them join the guild and they can "donate" regularly to the guild account.

There are a few cons to this method. First off you have established a connection between your accounts which increases the risk of all of them being iced in the event of unsafe buy times. Secondly you will have to maintain activity in the guild and give back to the legit players you have in the guild. Buying some Avatar items like the Faerie Queen Doll or Chokato (TCG) are good ways to please the people. If you advertise the current guild funds to increase the participation within the guild then you may want to falsify what you advertise as being in the guild account as being less than what you actually have in there. If you have 250mil in the guild account the guild may grow suspicious if you suddenly spend 100mil+ on yourself, or buy selling Neopoints, instead of buying something like a MSPP (TCG). I normally only show 20% of what is actually in the guild funds. I give away many millions a month but I am increasing the amount that I have in my guild account by more than double what I give away. Usually I give away 2.5mil a month, which keeps my members very happy, and I normally add 10mil - 20mil a month through "generous donations." Another con to doing this method is that if the guild account gets iced then your guild members will be outraged and if your leader account is not iced you are going to have a very hard time explaining what happened.

Strategy #.3 - Trading Post/Auctions Pure Transfers

This is a more risky way of transferring your Neopoints in my opinion. Basically for the TP transferring of Neopoints you will set up a junk trade on the account that you are wanting to transfer the funds to. It is recommended not to transfer more than 700k per trade through this method as 800k for a junk item raises suspicion faster. The AH transfer method can work the same way which is much riskier because hundreds of people witness large amounts being transferred. You could send over an expensive ETS or VETS item to the account you are wanting to transfer the Neopoints to and have it auction off the item and you can transfer more safely through a one bid auction (Ex. 200k Initial and 200k increments for an item worth 400k).

Strategy #.4 - Store Buy Outs

This is a popular method in which you buy up everything from a shop that you are wanting to transfer funds to usually for a bit more than the current SW prices. It is not recommended to spend 10k-99k on a Glowing Jelly as this will often times raise a red flag unless the shop you are buying from is a guild donation shop. Buying a Brain Tree Stamp for 16k when the usual price is 12k that is not likely to raise a lot of suspicion.

EDIT: You can also sell super expensive items such as Anagram Swords, Draik Eggs, or High End PB's in your shop and buy them on the account that you are intending to transfer the item to as you can do this with multiple browsers running under different proxies. There IS risk involved using this method to your items as it can easily be snagged by someone else if you're not quick enough to buy it. While though unlikely this really isn't the most secure method for transferring items.

EDIT 2 (September 1st, 2012): This has been confirmed as one of the fastest ways to get your account red flagged and iced. I strongly recommend that you NEVER use this method.

Strategy #.5 - Directly Transferring the Item

This method involves buying an ETS or VETS and then transferring the item immediately to the account you intend to receive it. It is not the safest method of transferring items but if both accounts look like legit main accounts then it is likely to arouse less suspicion.

(EDIT: May 19th, 2013 - Hidden Tower Items toss red flags upon transfer of accounts for your safety do not use these items, use Morphing Potions or NON-HT Paintbrushes.)

Strategy #.6 - Shell Self-Icing Hopping

This method of laundering Neopoints involves using an account to buy items on and then once getting an item that is very valuable such as a Pirate Draik Morphing Potion, Glowing Cauldron, Snowbunny Stamp, ect... you then transfer the item and follow that with a quick self ice to the account using the Self-Ice Link (Official Neopets Link). After 6-8 weeks you file a ticket and request the account back and then repeat the process. This is a more heavily intensive strategy and risky for the account but it's been said many times that TNT isn't going to waste time investigating an iced account so if the account is investigated during that time then it will just be dismissed and you get your account back, presumably, afterwards.

Before employing this strategy I strongly recommend that you read over and follow carefully the Account Recovery Ticket Guide as this is going to really make a difference in you getting your account back through the reactivation process. Generally speaking, and in personal experience, you will always get your account back if document everything carefully.

After you get the account back just have it start buying for you again until you get another high end item, transfer the item, freeze and just repeat your process again with whatever account you have next in line.

This does require having a decent amount of accounts ready to use for buying items otherwise you will have long periods of doing nothing at all and wasting time you could be buying for higher end items.

Edited by Yung, 19 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Strategy #.5 - Don't be a pussy and directly send the item.

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yung's Guide to Laundering your Neopoints Safely

#4 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

You'll be back. Probably one of those people that post a status update with a sad face saying you got chain iced.

lol

no but thanks yung. I will probably try a combination of all 4.... plus the 5 that our friend here added

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yeah this is good too. I laundered 80m to a certain admin like this but our mains and sides don't look like shells.

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

I usually just stick my Neopoints on a spin cycle.

*rimshot*

Spoiler

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I went ahead and added directly sending the items. Not much to say on that point unless someone has something specific they would like me to add to that section.

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yeah this is good too. I laundered 80m to a certain admin like this but our mains and sides don't look like shells.

Certain former admin

:crybaby:

I just wanted to say that it seems people who do all this shell hopping and other "laundering" activities are the ones who lose accounts

Also I think this Guild Laundering is really shady. If it was a private guild that only had your sides/shells as members I could agree with it, but since you are taking donations from other players and then only reporting 20% of the guild funds publicly, and potentially using the rest for yourself, I find it distasteful. Regardless of how small of a percent the other players contribute, some of those funds ARE theirs.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Certain former admin

I just wanted to say that it seems people who do all this shell hopping and other "laundering" activities are the ones who lose accounts

Also I think this Guild Laundering is really shady. If it was a private guild that only had your sides/shells as members I could agree with it, but since you are taking donations from other players and then only reporting 20% of the guild funds publicly, and potentially using the rest for yourself, I find it distasteful. Regardless of how small of a percent the other players contribute, some of those funds ARE theirs.

The idea is that you are giving away far more than they are donating. It would be strange if they never had to kick anything in yet constantly got rewarded from the guild scaling 500k+ in order to make it seem more legit you give them the option to donate but you don't make it forced. They don't have to donate if they don't want to, if they don't then put them down for petty consolation prizes like Codestones to appease them. Its not distasteful at all if a legit player donates 250k and then you give them a Baby Paint Brush a few weeks later during a Monthly Giveaway. My point was when 98% of the funds are yours and you are reporting guild funds it is a good idea for you if you falsify what you are reporting back.

#10 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

So it's ok to directly send NP or ETS items if both look like legit main accounts?
Does directly sending mean gifting or like setting up a trade or whatever.

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

So it's ok to directly send NP or ETS items if both look like legit main accounts?
Does directly sending mean gifting or like setting up a trade or whatever.

It generally means sending the item as a gift to a Neofriend. This is one of the safer methods of transferring things.

#12 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Certain former admin

The way i see it you don't have to take their neopoints or transfer just neopoints.... You can transfer high value items to the Guild account.... whatever neopoints you receive from the guild members you give back. You hold some random free to enter raffle and you make the 1st prize winner be the account you want the high value item on. 2nd and 3rd place are for guild members. Giving them everything they have donated in value and whatever you decide to throw in. Usually 500K.... since this is a weekly thing.

#13 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Post Script Note: I wrote this entire thing under the assumption that you have the common sense not to have multiple accounts on the same IP address. If you are using multiple accounts then they all need to be on their own IP's so that you don't get a massive IP chain freeze for having multiple accounts.It takes a little sensibility to be able to cheat and get away with it, so assuming you are cheating and needing to launder your Neopoints then you probably already have multiple accounts all safely running on independent IP addresses. No need to assume that I am telling you that all this is being done or should be done from one singular IP address as that lacks all common sense and will get all of your accounts iced fast.

#14 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wait so direct transfer is actually safer than Trading Post, for example?

#15 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

great guide though never really thought about the guild option but I think it maybe one I would like :)

#16 Caisson

Caisson
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Nice guide, I found the information useful. (:

#17 StayZoned

StayZoned
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

I SS'ed several mil across lots of accounts and just went through the TP sending them all over in increments of about 300k for junk trades. The accounts I SS'ed were newly created shells, the accounts getting the nps were several months old, then I would buy pb's, keep them for a little while, trade them for a higher value one or a potion worth 10-15m then send it to a main/semi main and auction it off to legit players. Worked for months until sold it all to buy gold for a different game so I can eventually do the same thing :\

#18 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

I just came across this in the neopoian times:::

Dear TNT, I'm really puzzled about this situation, especially after getting a warning about my guild. You have said that donation shops are acceptable. But what role do donations have in a guild if prizes and contest are not allowed? ~inervel

Ahh, the million NP question. We think we answered a long time ago that yes, donation shops are fine, though why you would need one is beyond us (for exactly the reasons you mentioned). The only thing we could think of was, perhaps, donations towards a Noticeboard or something? If you can think of something else that donations can be used for that doesn't break the rules, have fun!

So according to TNT you CAN have a guild Donation Shop you cannot just use the money to hold contest and prize giveaway's. So what you can claim to be doing with the neopoints is beyond me.

#19 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

You can claim that all the NP are going towards buying items for an avatar lending program. Some of those items can be pretty pricey :)

#20 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for this guide, but I think that there are some not so safe methods like the guild one.
If you want to cover that you're cheating and to launder your NP you shoudn't break the neopets rules so obviously.
People are watching the guild activities like they're watching the boards.

Strategy #.2 - Guild Laundering

This is my preferred method of laundering Neopoints. This is especially good for those of us who prefer keeping a "Swiss Account" which is a pool of our wealth in one location....

Editorial 310:
So yeah, sorry if this question's been asked/answered already buuuut... is a guild leader allowed to invest the guild funds/donations to try to increase them? *hides rocks behind back* ~mddg123
Hrm, we thought about it and we're gonna have to go with "no" here for now. We think there may be too much grey area with who the returns will belong to. Do they go to the guild leader, since he/she was the one who invested and made the NP? Or do they belong to the guild, whose NP funded the investments? There's a bit too much wiggle room for conflicts about the funds to arise.

Editorial 429:
I have a guild and I know that giving out Neopoints or items is absolutely not allowed. We made fun little graphics to give out instead, as a way of saying thank you. Are we allowed to give out these graphics? We use them to determine if someone can go up a rank or not, but not for anything having to do with Neopoints or items in any way. Is using graphics an okay way to say thank you to our members for being awesome? Please remove my username. :D ~username removed
Giving out graphics (that you or another guild member made and are not copyrighted images) to your "awesome" guild members is fine. We only ask that you don't reward your members with Neopoints or items, as some people will use these as a way to scam other players. Scammers and cheaters ruin all the fun, don't they? :/

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

I understand that just fine I'm basing it off of their Editorial that Leaf was kind enough to post yesterday. The main idea is that you get avatar items and lend to the legit guild members, including the ones that NEVER donate. They get the cheaper stuff the one's that you trust get better lends like FQD, Chokato, ect... This makes it so that you can pool your neopoints together under the precedence that it is for avatar lending and nothing is required of guild members. So long as you make it clear that only one member of the guild has access to the guild account then there shouldn't be a problem here.

It's a hazy gray area, I don't like pooling my items together at all but if I do this is the method I prefer to use and I've never had a single issue provided I do exactly what I've described, if I try and hold a contest or require X amount of donations for certain guild ranks, ect... then that is where I have issues arise. Do it smart and do it right and TNT shouldn't have a complaint. Your guild members will love and adore you for helping their dreams come true with otherwise unreachable avatars and you have a semi-safe place to horde your treasures.

#22 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Editorial 310:
So yeah, sorry if this question's been asked/answered already buuuut... is a guild leader allowed to invest the guild funds/donations to try to increase them? *hides rocks behind back* ~mddg123
Hrm, we thought about it and we're gonna have to go with "no" here for now. We think there may be too much grey area with who the returns will belong to. Do they go to the guild leader, since he/she was the one who invested and made the NP? Or do they belong to the guild, whose NP funded the investments? There's a bit too much wiggle room for conflicts about the funds to arise.

Editorial 429:
I have a guild and I know that giving out Neopoints or items is absolutely not allowed. We made fun little graphics to give out instead, as a way of saying thank you. Are we allowed to give out these graphics? We use them to determine if someone can go up a rank or not, but not for anything having to do with Neopoints or items in any way. Is using graphics an okay way to say thank you to our members for being awesome? Please remove my username. :D ~username removed
Giving out graphics (that you or another guild member made and are not copyrighted images) to your "awesome" guild members is fine. We only ask that you don't reward your members with Neopoints or items, as some people will use these as a way to scam other players. Scammers and cheaters ruin all the fun, don't they? :/

I would agree with TNT on this. Any Guild who holds any kind of giveaway or contest... could be rigged. Even if WE wouldn't do it, think about all those shady people on Neopets that would.

So you would have to use 100% of your guild earning on the players in a way that does not hold favor (or seems like you could hold favor) towards any number of certain players.

There are a couple ways i have seen this done successfully:

The first is like someone posted above, an avatar lending program.
But this is a little more complicating then it sounds because there are rules against this... its called "Pooling" money and is considered a scam.
There are loopholes to how this works

The second way to give back to the players is 1NP auctions. These are common and fun for the other people in the guild.

and the third way I have seen people give back to there members is by holding 1NP sales in their Guild shops.
basically they get 50-75, sometimes more, items worth 1K-10K. And for fun they add a couple of items worth 100K+
They price them all for 1NP and then on their guild message board they post the time that items will stock
at the appointed time they update their shop and all items go on sale for 1NP at the same time.
No single player has an advantage over anybody else.

So taking all this into account, how do you launder neopoints successfully using a guild?
I personally do not know, and I'm not going to give advice on something I don't know how to do.
So if you guys have any ideas, it would be cool to hear them.

So for now ill just be using the other methods Yung posted. +Rep

Edited by Leaf, 19 March 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#23 marcos123

marcos123
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

I lol'd So many ways to transfer i believe shell transferring is the best one to be safe

#24 Cythose

Cythose
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 79 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

I usually sent directly as well, haven't been Iced yet C:

#25 aegis

aegis
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Some good tips here, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users