• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Basically exactly what the title says.

When I start to AB normally, regardless of the settings the program is on, the status text will sit at "Visting Shop ID: ..." for a long time, up to several minutes, before changing to "Waiting _._ seconds". The 'waiting' time goes by normally, it's just the actual shop visit that's taking forever. So it will say "visiting" for 2 minutes instead of the second it would normally take, then wait say 4.6 seconds, then "visit" again and get stuck there for 40 seconds, etc. It's as if the page is just idling.

Tonight I've had abrosia running for roughly 40 minutes and it's only refreshed the shop 32 times. Normally I'd get around 8-12 refreshes per minute, depending on the settings.

To make things weirder, this only happens while ABing normal shops - Igloo and Attic are working fine. There is a some latency but not nearly as bad. This has been happening on both my computers, using my internet and on multiple proxies through my VPN, and my personal internet connection is running normally and I don't have any other notable programs open that take up bandwith, that I know of.

Couple of speed tests to give you an idea of what I'm working with. They're all fairly unimpressive but haven't given me problems like this one before recently.

Spoiler

As you can see, there isn't a huge difference between them, and the same thing is happening on all these connections, whereas it never did before. Help?

ETA: Restarted my computer with a diagnostic startup, so only essential programs would run. Without a proxy it's now pausing for ~10 seconds on visiting. Curious. Investigating further.

Edited by Stitches, 17 February 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

I've also noticed it hanging a bit longer than usual, but no more than 2-5 seconds.

#3 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

Exactly the same was happening to me last night.

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Oh yeah this has been going on for weeks.

#5 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

I would say part of this problem probably has something to do with the reliability issues of the host.

We are discussing what we can do to fix it (and the downtime we keep receiving) so for now, you will just have to bear with us!

Thanks mate.

#6 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

I would say part of this problem probably has something to do with the reliability issues of the host.

We are discussing what we can do to fix it (and the downtime we keep receiving) so for now, you will just have to bear with us!

thanks soul, pretty much thought that i was the only one affect. sometime it hangs when it reach 1X/400 . what i simply do is restart abrosia

#7 GustavoH

GustavoH
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

The same was happening to me too! O:

#8 Sanity

Sanity
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

It definitely did have to do with the host. When I had the issue last night, I couldnt even get on the site here. I actually had Abrosia freeze on me when it went down and restarting only gave the error message we got a few days ago.

Thanks for looking into it :)

#9 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Ive been having the same issue but didn't think much of it due to the fact my internet can be slow as well as my computer was having a few problems. At least now I know it just wasn't me. I did find at time restarting the program and or my computer seemed to help but for the most part just gave it an hour or some other random time and it started working normally again.

#10 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I thought it was because of my connection, it has been a week or two i have realised it started to happen. I just kept close and open the porgram until it starts to work properly, then again realised its not helping. I started to take breaks to not go insane because of that problem. I hope it will be fixed soon.

#11 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Awesome, thanks for checking into it. You guys rock!

I'm glad it's not just me, I was worried something was up with my computer(s) or connection. Clearing some crap out of my PC seemed to help a bit, and then it worked like a charm on my laptop very early this morning, so whatever is causing the latency seems to come and go.

Let me/us know if there's any additional info I could provide that might help :D

#12 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Just an additional problem that I've been having (not sure about you guys), after a few hours or less, abrosia tends to totally get stuck at Visiting Shop. I can't tell how long it takes to happen, because I go to sleep and leave it running, but when I wake up it's almost surely stuck visiting some shop, and an error box appears.

#13 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I just noticed this too, it's on and off. It's taking 10+ seconds to "Visiting shop" and it's been getting worse lately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users