I've been working on this for about a month now, and I finally think it's ready to release, my fully featured Neoquest II Autoplayer. I'm pretty sure this is the only free, full NQ2 AP. The program is currently only available for windows, sorry Mac users! Below is a list of features, please note that this is a Beta release, there might still be a few parts of the program that need to be sanded down and perfected. If you spot something not working/are experiencing crashes, please send me a PM!
- Proxy support (for the first time!)
- An easy to use command system
- Custom wait delays
- Many game-play options
- Potion use for all attacking characters
- Custom potion use options
- The classic move back and fourth training mode
- Support for remote moving - IE. Move scripts
- Two methods of move script interpretation (My own, and the one used for GM scripts)
- Generates constantly updating location file - will automatically refresh every 7 seconds, and display when you are in a battle
- C + Ctrl can be used to return to the command menu while in a battle (sometimes doesn't work, will look into a move intuitive method of returning to menu)
- Able to quickly and effectively switch between hunting & normal movement modes
- Utilization of death scripts to completely automate the battle process (Death scripts must be written with my scripting method)
- Notifies you when you enter and finish a battle - on finish a summary of gains will be displayed.
- An easy to use .exe - Py2exe isn't perfect, and I think that the .exe may have some issues the normal .py script doesn't
- Lots of other stuff I've forgotten about
- Global statistics that show how much gold/exp you have gained by using this program! (Currently not implemented, will only display 0s for all stats)
- Advanced scripting method
The very first command, simple and self explanatory. Will move Rohane left and right, fight battles when they occur. Character actions are as follows:
- Mipsy will use group or direct damage based on what you have selected. (See settings)
- Talinia will use group or direct damage based on what you have selected. (See settings)
- Rohane will attempt a direct attack.
- Velm will attempt to heal the group - Velm MUST have some group healing skill if you wish to use him.
- All attacking characters will heal themselves with potions when their health is yellow or red (below half.)
- When the battle ends a statement will be displayed of how much experience each character gained, the amount of gold, and if anyone gained a level.
Download the file attached to this post and unzip it into any folder. On startup you will be prompted to login, after you do so a list of commands will be displayed. To use a command, enter it's number, this is found at the beginning of the command name. To stop a command use C + Ctrl, this doesn't work sometimes - in such a case, just close the program. I will work on adding a better way to stop a command soon.
The second command, move scripts must be placed in the included scripts directory. The full script name must be input when prompted, the script name is case sensitive. All scripts must be in .txt format (this doesn't need to be typed when inputting the script name.) The script that is already included "OnDeath" will be run when you die, afterwards the character will continue training. This is useful to get out of the inn you just rested at, and back onto the battle grounds if you plan to be dying frequently while training. A sound will be played at the completion of a script.
My script method:
Use the directions (WASD) to move around, death scripts must be written in this format. Example:
Keep all characters on one line, with no spaces. Does not support moving corner directions (IE, Southwest)
GM Script Method:
This is the method that you'll probably want to be using most of the time. There is a set of scripts for the full game written for this method, they can be found here. Example:
Keep all characters on one line, with no spaces.
Using the settings command will bring you to the inbuilt game settings menu, your settings are stored with the packaged .dat file. Use this menu to adjust wait delays, character preferences, potion use, and a few other things. Debug information is on by default, and I highly suggest you leave it that way until the program leaves beta.
Clear is the fifth command, it will finish any battle you are currently in and return to the map. It is advised that you use this before any other commands.
To set a proxy, simply edit the .txt file that is packaged in the .zip file. Change the "xxx.xxx.xxx:port" to your own proxy, save and start up the program! The program will show the IP you are seen as on start up. (Unless you alter this, just change the "true" in the line below your proxy to "false.")
Advanced scripts are new in version 0.9. They add in support to finish the whole game in one sitting (technically.) Advanced scripts are written by writing new commands on lines of a text file.
Some things to keep in mind when writing advanced scripts:
- Capitol letters matter
- All URLs must start with http://
- The interpretation method is not idiot-proof, if the program finds a line it doesn't understand, you will be notified.
- All arguments of a command must be placed between the parenthesis.
- An argument is more or less a parameter that you will supply to a command
train()- Specify the amount of levels, the special modifier "noexp" will keep training until your party stops gaining exp from fighting monsters. Example:
train(6)This will train 6 levels
- A comment - use the "#" at the beginning of a line to specify a comment. Comments will be shown when your script is running. Example:
#I'm going to some place now!
move()- Specify the move script that you wish to use. Do not use a file extension. Example:
interact()- The most essential command for completing the game. The arguments must be URLs with semi-colons between each. This command can be used to buy items, equip equipment, and talk to NPCs. To get the links needed simply right click on any clickable text and copy the link location. Example of equipping Fathers Sword:
An example of a short advanced script:
#I'ma train 6 levels train(6) #I'm now done training move(Phoro.txt) #I just moved to a land of joy
WARNING: If you are trying to use a skill that you don't have, the program will start fleeing. Make sure to check your settings if this isn't happening.
A Screenshot of the Latest Version:
v0.9.3 - Fixed the "main program failed to download" error, required a change of the launcher, which means a fresh copy.
v0.9 - Added advanced scripting, clicking the continue button and switched my own scripting method to WASD
v0.8 - Fixed all reported bugs, added auto-updater, group shielding, and group hasting.
v0.7 - Should have fixed the infinite loop bug, I tested for over an hour and was unable to reproduce it, also added checks around the script input so you'll know if you're doing something wrong.
v0.6 - Initial release. - Thanks to SirBaggy for testing, suggestions, and comments.
Despite a bunch of poking and prodding, I didn't manage to get the file size smaller than the new maximum upload size, it is a lot smaller now though
I am not responsible for any frozen Neopets accounts due to irresponsible wait delays, or any other abuse of this program. Don't complain about it to me if you are iced!
That's it! I hope you enjoy the program and everything it has to offer.
Edited by Neoquest, 01 August 2014 - 12:18 AM.