Photo

Abrosia won't buy from manual lists

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I mentioned this in my last post about Abrosia but I think it's more appropriate to ask here and people weren't really replying to that one anymore.

For some reason, I can't get Abrosia to buy using manual lists. It visits the shop, but it never seems to go for anything. It still buys from the Igloo/Attic but that's it. I've tried lists made by other users as well as my own. The shop ID is right, and the format is right as far as I can tell. I just have each item on a new line in a .txt file.

I've tried it on my macbook as well as my windows PC. It doesn't work on either. I feel like I'm probably missing something stupid here, but I can't figure out what it is.

Here's an example of what my lists look like (just a segment):
Spoiler

I've been just running AB on default, but I really would like it to stock at just one shop, and I'm scared to keep running it on default where it jumps from shop to shop. Any help would be awesome!

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

As everyone else has stated you probably need more items on your list or reformatting of your lists in the first place. Let us know what works for you.

Edited by Yung, 20 February 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#3 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

When you go into your program settings to use your custom list you should be able to specify the shop ID, this prevents you from store hopping so you shouldn't need to worry about that happening.

Even as a regular member and not an Advanced member you should be able to specify the shop ID in that location.

As a normal member, I can only specify shop ID in the "manual list" section. However, my manual lists won't work =/

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

As a normal member, I can only specify shop ID in the "manual list" section. However, my manual lists won't work =/

I think you need to trim trailing spaces

#5 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Maybe try adding more items to your list and I don't know how long you have it on for but give it some time to buy something.

#6 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

I think you need to trim trailing spaces

That's probably the problem then. There are spaces at the end of every item name :/. I'll try to figure out a quick way to do that tomorrow T__T

Maybe try adding more items to your list and I don't know how long you have it on for but give it some time to buy something.

My lists all have a few hundred items (anything over 2500 profit is on there), and I run it for around 2 hours at a time. It doesn't even attempt to buy things (no missed items either).

Edit: When I don't use a manual list, Abrosia buys tons of things from the same shops, so yeah.. :/

Edited by Dangobear, 20 February 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#7 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

Possible reasons

1.The list you used could be in a wrong format (spaces infront of after the item name, i dont use manual so i wont know)
2.You have not been ABing long enough
3.Being a none-advance member, the speed isn't fast enough to buy the items in a highly competitive shop(and probably even see the item)
4.The list is too short and there are thousands of books.

Edited by zandra, 20 February 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#8 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

That's probably the problem then. There are spaces at the end of every item name :/. I'll try to figure out a quick way to do that tomorrow T__T

My lists all have a few hundred items (anything over 2500 profit is on there), and I run it for around 2 hours at a time. It doesn't even attempt to buy things (no missed items either).

Edit: When I don't use a manual list, Abrosia buys tons of things from the same shops, so yeah.. :/

That's odd. If it buys from the same shop without a manual list. It's either you are getting unlucky, are not leaving it long enough or your list has errors.

#9 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Easy way to test. Go to 58 (stamps) and look at the stamps there. Put a few of those on your list and see if it buys it. Maybe because you're not premium it'll randomly go to a shop and won't buy until it rotates to one of those shops

#10 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

It should stay at the specified shop. When I used the manual list it never changed shop unless I took it off manual list. I guess you could try create a list for another shop and check if it buys something. That way you'd know it's not the way you've made your list.

#11 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

A reply to what everyone's said:

I checked this morning and there actually are no trailing spaces, so that's not the problem. (I was hoping it was that -.-)

I have plenty of items on my list (there are 777 items on my book list, basicly all the items above 2500 profit), so I doubt there's a shortage of items. I"ve left it sitting in the shop for 2.5 hours, so I doubt that I'm just getting unlucky, because whenever I use default settings and have it sit in the same shop, it always buys at least 5-10 items in less time (since it switches). And it does stay at the shop specified, it just doesn't attempt to buy anything.

I'll have to think of some new things to try =/.

#12 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

A reply to what everyone's said:

I checked this morning and there actually are no trailing spaces, so that's not the problem. (I was hoping it was that -.-)

I have plenty of items on my list (there are 777 items on my book list, basicly all the items above 2500 profit), so I doubt there's a shortage of items. I"ve left it sitting in the shop for 2.5 hours, so I doubt that I'm just getting unlucky, because whenever I use default settings and have it sit in the same shop, it always buys at least 5-10 items in less time (since it switches). And it does stay at the shop specified, it just doesn't attempt to buy anything.

I'll have to think of some new things to try =/.

I would recommend u to
1.visit tiki tack shop
2.copy 2-3 items which you see over there
3.put it in the list the same way as you did
4. set the aber to tiki shop and see if it buys the item.

at least it will tell you where the error occurs.

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ok, this may be a really silly question, but are you actually importing the list into the settings dialog?
You said that the shop ID is correct but you did not mention importing the list.

#14 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

I would recommend u to
1.visit tiki tack shop
2.copy 2-3 items which you see over there
3.put it in the list the same way as you did
4. set the aber to tiki shop and see if it buys the item.

at least it will tell you where the error occurs.

I just tried that. I put a bunch of items from tiki tack up at the top of my list (plenty of stock for each item too). I also tried to make a new list of just the tiki tack items, and tried that. Neither of them worked.

Ok, this may be a really silly question, but are you actually importing the list into the settings dialog?
You said that the shop ID is correct but you did not mention importing the list.

Yes, I did import the list :p. I see a huge list of items in the manual list box in settings.

#15 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I just tried that. I put a bunch of items from tiki tack up at the top of my list (plenty of stock for each item too). I also tried to make a new list of just the tiki tack items, and tried that. Neither of them worked.

well then, at least now we know that it is not ABing due to the fact that the item isn't there. try eliminating one source of error at a time. then again, you could just buy advance and get this over easy.

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

you could just buy advance and get this over easy.

Agreed - I think $5 or a few mil NP is worth the hassle this has given the OP, of course that's just IMO. You could have easily made enough NP to pay for the subscription in the few days you have been fighting with this.

Though I know you are looking for solutions to your problem, not recommendations to work around it I am sure.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's not actually visiting the shop? Like do you have a box clicked somewhere to disable main shop buying (on the attic or igloo page)? Does it say "Visiting (your shop)" at the bottom after your wait delay?

#17 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Agreed - I think $5 or a few mil NP is worth the hassle this has given the OP, of course that's just IMO. You could have easily made enough NP to pay for the subscription in the few days you have been fighting with this.

Though I know you are looking for solutions to your problem, not recommendations to work around it I am sure.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's not actually visiting the shop? Like do you have a box clicked somewhere to disable main shop buying (on the attic or igloo page)? Does it say "Visiting (your shop)" at the bottom after your wait delay?

I didn't know I could buy advanced with np. I've made around 10mil in the first week using as a normal member. How much does it cost in np? Sorry, but I don't want to pay real money for it. I deleted my paypal years ago and am too lazy to make a new one. Plus I'm a poor student and spend too much money irl already ^.^;;

And yes, it's visiting the shop. It says "visiting shop" at the bottom with the delay. It just never buys anything. Then it goes off to the igloo for a while. When I check though, I"m not RS banned either.

#18 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I didn't know I could buy advanced with np. I've made around 10mil in the first week using as a normal member. How much does it cost in np? Sorry, but I don't want to pay real money for it. I deleted my paypal years ago and am too lazy to make a new one. Plus I'm a poor student and spend too much money irl already ^.^;;

And yes, it's visiting the shop. It says "visiting shop" at the bottom with the delay. It just never buys anything. Then it goes off to the igloo for a while. When I check though, I"m not RS banned either.

i do notice that Abrosia do visit the igloo without being RS banned sometimes, think it is in the program.

do check for the prices in Trading Post, i know pikachuu and a few others are selling.

10m is more then what i earn in a month with advance =/ but then again, i am still making more then 95% of neopets population so I ain't gonna whine.

#19 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

i do notice that Abrosia do visit the igloo without being RS banned sometimes, think it is in the program.

It won't do this if you disable igloo until you actually want to go to the igloo

#20 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

do check for the prices in Trading Post, i know pikachuu and a few others are selling.

10m is more then what i earn in a month with advance =/ but then again, i am still making more then 95% of neopets population so I ain't gonna whine.

Really? Why is it so low? I earn almost 9m a month from just habi, and maybe another 2-3m legit. I would imagine AB can earn you at least 20-30m a month O_o

#21 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

It won't do this if you disable igloo until you actually want to go to the igloo

i dont know, sometimes after purchasing an item, it would visit igloo for the next minute or two before going back to main shop Abing. i always tot it was normal

Really? Why is it so low? I earn almost 9m a month from just habi, and maybe another 2-3m legit. I would imagine AB can earn you at least 20-30m a month O_o

i dont play habitarium, it is too graphic heavy and slows my comp. i am also located pretty far from US so my buy times are usually 2300 and above. which means loads of misses.(or i am doing it all wrong)

#22 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

How much you earn from ABing depends on how far you want to go with it... i.e. how much risk you're willing to take...

If all fails and until now you still cant get to run the ABer using the list... i would suggest you take screenshots of the settings page and maybe it would be easier to see if there's some minor part that we all might have missed out...

A really stupid question here... you're using notepad to do the list right? i used that last time, not sure if there's other application that can be used to do the list..

#23 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

How much you earn from ABing depends on how far you want to go with it... i.e. how much risk you're willing to take...

the 2300 buytimes are with prehaggle of 0.05 =P it depends on where you are located and connection speed too.

anyways i agree with cjames, might be a good idea to take screenshots of your settings.

10m per week is pretty good for a regular member, it is in fact more then what scot reported in his Super/System.

#24 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

A really stupid question here... you're using notepad to do the list right? i used that last time, not sure if there's other application that can be used to do the list..

The user stated that the list was in a .txt file and that it was imported successfully, so even if a different program was used that's most likely not the issue :p~

Have you tried disabling the Igloo ABer?

Edited by Rainie, 21 February 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#25 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

If all fails and until now you still cant get to run the ABer using the list... i would suggest you take screenshots of the settings page and maybe it would be easier to see if there's some minor part that we all might have missed out...

I took some screenshots of my main shop settings (I don't think the other settings are really relevent). I also included at the bottom the status messages at the bottom of the AB window that shows it is visiting the shop.

Spoiler

the 2300 buytimes are with prehaggle of 0.05 =P it depends on where you are located and connection speed too.

anyways i agree with cjames, might be a good idea to take screenshots of your settings.

10m per week is pretty good for a regular member, it is in fact more then what scot reported in his Super/System.

If you lower your prehaggle times even more, won't your buy time go lower than 2300ms though? And 10m is a lot, I agree. That's with getting extremely lucky and most of that came from one item. But the program likes to randomly close sometimse after buying like 2 items, and I"m usually at school/asleep when it's running so some days I don't buy much. It only closes on my macbook but I'm too lazy to set up my VPN on my pc for now xD.

The user stated that the list was in a .txt file and that it was imported successfully, so even if a different program was used that's most likely not the issue :p~

Have you tried disabling the Igloo ABer?

I'm trying it with Igloo disabled right now. No luck so far but will update if something happens :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users