Photo

How do people get these stats

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Where did people find these? There's nothing on neopets on weapon stats (which I think is really dumb)

#2 kieshun

kieshun
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

testing the weapons......

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Independent testing, the bulk of which was done by idbp before being stolen by tdn.

#4 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Independent testing, the bulk of which was done by idbp before being stolen by tdn.

Did TDN really steal it?

I know on the finalhit website, which is still up, they say first dibs went to pinkpt and JN. Maybe neither site wanted it and TDN was the third option.

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Did TDN really steal it?

I know on the finalhit website, which is still up, they say first dibs went to pinkpt and JN. Maybe neither site wanted it and TDN was the third option.

TDN stole the data before idbp even went down. TDN is the site they allude to on the finalhit website. Pinkpt is as good as dead, and JN is working on implementing the data legitimately.

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

For most of the weapons that were released after the battlepedia went down I did the testing myself, TDN members then flat out stole my findings.

So yeah TDN can suck it. Jellyneo will do it right.

#7 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Wow sneaky guys.

Thanks for the heads up, even though I never use TDN anyways lol.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Just go lurk in the Battledome forums whenever a new weapon is released, myself and 6-8 others get and test the weapons. Sometimes we miss some stuff but it is rare.

On TDN you can look for the Water Jelly Shield. That was mine that he flat out stole and then later gave me credit for. They are shady and it pisses me off.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yeah it makes perfect sense... it is impossible to test anything in 2P by yourself.

I personally was involved for the majority of all weapon testing since the iDBattlepedia went down. Its not a huge deal besides the fact that the TDN Battlepedia team swoops in, uses the data, and leaves no credit.

Edited by Yung, 20 February 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#10 namida

namida
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

What does TDN stand for? the daily neopets battlepedia? I often visit that site for info about weapons :)
I often see comments about how the weapon behaved for one user or another, which is very useful :) comparisons and recommendations.

Could you recommend an alternative site?

#11 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

There is no alternative at the moment.

#12 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Could you recommend an alternative site?

At the moment there is no alternative Battlepedia, however Jellyneo is taking over the former IDB and after they've worked that out you should be able to find theirs to be superior to The Daily Neopets (TDN) Battlepedia.

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Bone, you'll notice that some of your posts have been removed from the thread.

Please start posting more appropriately, whilst we think some of your gifs are funny, remember there is a time and place for many of them. You have recently been warned for trolling/harassing a member... your continued efforts ARE going to result in a warning and suspension.

Posted Image

#14 namida

namida
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

At the moment there is no alternative Battlepedia, however Jellyneo is taking over the former IDB and after they've worked that out you should be able to find theirs to be superior to The Daily Neopets (TDN) Battlepedia.

Thanks for the info:) I wish neocodex had a database like TDNB

Edited by namida, 09 March 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#15 burner

burner
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

how do people know the stats of the darigian sword tho?

#16 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

how do people know the stats of the darigian sword tho?

that one was actual real testing using the old methods back then when the sword and it's owner were around ;)
for normal tesitng of new stuff: it's just challenging yourself in 2p, using it and doing some magic to get all that is to know about a weapon - it's just knowing the magic that makes it so amazing really ;)

as for idbp on JN - we'll have to see how it works out. so far I've only seen 2 members from idbp on JN and all those who added the data during the last 6 months stayed silent so far, so it probably depends on where those go. and it also depends on how JN integrates it I suppose - we'll see (takes them pretty long already, though, ...)

#17 RayX00

RayX00
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

that one was actual real testing using the old methods back then when the sword and it's owner were around ;)
for normal tesitng of new stuff: it's just challenging yourself in 2p, using it and doing some magic to get all that is to know about a weapon - it's just knowing the magic that makes it so amazing really ;)

as for idbp on JN - we'll have to see how it works out. so far I've only seen 2 members from idbp on JN and all those who added the data during the last 6 months stayed silent so far, so it probably depends on where those go. and it also depends on how JN integrates it I suppose - we'll see (takes them pretty long already, though, ...)

so the stats of 60 icons are real? I thought from the comments below that weapon on tdn that it was much less powerful.
and i liked finalhit much more...they were responsible ppl at least.

#18 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

so the stats of 60 icons are real? I thought from the comments below that weapon on tdn that it was much less powerful.
and i liked finalhit much more...they were responsible ppl at least.

It was never tested, the icons it shows were from the 1p battles where the sword was used the spectre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users