• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#51 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Sigh, I don't get why people care so much that they would scam. I've had people buy stuff from me, and then scam from someone else. It doesn't make sense, why didn't they try to scam me, but scammed someone else. Then I feel really guilty for giving trader score. =(

I really don't understand why people scam as well. I expected people to scam in neo because the majority are dirt poor for 10 years, but never here. People here have the ability to make their wildest dreams come true and don't reek of desperation. I think people do what you just mentioned scam high-end "things" of high intrinsic value from people by building up their trader score then attacking when people feel relaxed. It makes me shed a tear.

#52 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

Excellent advise and timing, I was just beginning to look at trading.

Thank you for posting this topic.

#53 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

I really don't understand why people scam as well. I expected people to scam in neo because the majority are dirt poor for 10 years, but never here. People here have the ability to make their wildest dreams come true and don't reek of desperation. I think people do what you just mentioned scam high-end "things" of high intrinsic value from people by building up their trader score then attacking when people feel relaxed. It makes me shed a tear.

i dont get how it could possibly work. Take it for instance that you are buying SuAP, if you were offering a thousand real np. would you even risk offering 1k real neopoints to scam the SuAP, knowing very well that getting the money back may not be successful. personally i would not as the possible loss is too great. I would only offer 1k real np if i am willing to part with that money and do a none-scam trade.

Might be different for you guys but that is how i feel.

#54 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I just read this whole post... so you guys cant yell at me...

is the trader score working now?

#55 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

The last post was made on Feb 25th... so why should you reading the "whole post" make the question any less uncalled for. Check the recent announcements and you will see that the Trader Score is still down but, much like the Program Manager, when it is made available again there will be an update to recent announcements or a new announcement entirely.

#56 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

The last post was made on Feb 25th... so why should you reading the "whole post" make the question any less uncalled for. Check the recent announcements and you will see that the Trader Score is still down but, much like the Program Manager, when it is made available again there will be an update to recent announcements or a new announcement entirely.

At least i didn't go and make a status update about it.

#57 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Funny.... ive managed to update peoples trade scores with no problems using google chrome. Firefox is a bitch. The last trade i made was a couple of days ago.

#58 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I just tried again and still can't submit but I am using Firefox. I'll try Chrome out when I get home and see if that works now.

#59 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I just tried again and still can't submit but I am using Firefox. I'll try Chrome out when I get home and see if that works now.

Funny.... ive managed to update peoples trade scores with no problems using google chrome. Firefox is a bitch. The last trade i made was a couple of days ago.

it obviously works with chrome.

Edited by Leaf, 14 March 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#60 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

it obviously works with chrome.

Actually, rather than get smart with me, it turns out the issue is that the user I traded with is now banned for scamming/suspicious activity. So that would explain the issue with Firefox and Chrome. :p

#61 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Actually, rather than get smart with me, it turns out the issue is that the user I traded with is now banned for scamming/suspicious activity. So that would explain the issue with Firefox and Chrome. :p

I was just trying to reply back in the same manner you would reply to me. Without all the sugar coating.

I'm sorry for your loss though.

Edited by Leaf, 14 March 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#62 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

I didn't get scammed, they bought from me. So... I'm not actually hurting here. ;)

#63 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Get a room and stop spamming bitch fights here please.. its totally out of topic already..

#64 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

this post really doesn't help the situation

<----

#65 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

this post really doesn't help the situation

<----

ill listen to the moderator and spam some more hahaa... No but im sorry... Off topic i know...

But ok so trading works on CHROME but not on firefox... sounds like you guys are being racist.

#66 Gibby2

Gibby2
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Also, consider that many paypal payments can be charged back. It's something you really have to consider when trading with non-trusted users.

#67 marcos123

marcos123
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

thanks for the tips how many posts do we need =l tell we can see the trade?

#68 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

thanks for the tips how many posts do we need =l tell we can see the trade?

From what I know (which could be outdated cx), you just need to be a member for a week until you can see the Trading Post forum ^__^

#69 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

From what I know (which could be outdated cx), you just need to be a member for a week until you can see the Trading Post forum ^__^

And made at least one post too (i think)

#70 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

How2get 103% trader score Q_Q

#71 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

How2get 103% trader score Q_Q

You jelly? :p

#72 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Wha-? Where did my comment go?!?

#73 hatimyal123

hatimyal123
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

nice advice.
This will bring down the scam.
Hopefully people will deal carefully. :)

#74 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Oi, guessing the rating system still isn't fixed? :x Just tried on Chrome and Firefox and both didn't work.

#75 Zaxero

Zaxero
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hmm why would people trade on here instead of neopets? Are there advantages to trading on here? Or just more ways to get scmmed?

Ps sorry if any of my posts have spelling errors. My wireless keyboard doesn't have the best connectiity and I can't be bothered to fix every little mistake it makes. Thanx guys!

Connectivity* see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users