Photo

Whats the best speed to do AB

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

ive been using abrosia for like a day now and i havent gotten anything at all. i just want to know for the people who have been getting items, i want to know what your internet speed is, so i know what a good internet speed range is.

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

It really all depends on the shop you're going to be ABing at. As a normal member you have pretty immutable wait times though.

#3 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

i put it to shop at choco shop just lately. its been like an hour now or so and i still have not gotten anything. from what i read, it said that choco shop is pretty slow and i think i should have gotten something by now after an hour of AB

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

Not really. Your profit margin is also a factor, do you just have completely default settings?

#5 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

If you use lists then it could partly be that the items that are restocking just aren't on your list. To see if it's really working, I would suggest making a list for a shop such as shop id 1, which restocks pretty fast. Set the profit margin to like 2000, and you have a pretty good chance of getting stuff. I've gotten very expensive buys with times ranging from16000ms-28000ms, which is terrible.

#6 jioge

jioge
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Low profit items, high stock is my philosophy. If you can make 133% of whatever you buy at a really fast rate, then I think you are pretty safe. Not only will your Abrosia screen light up with green text, but you will also never be looked into for suspicious activity.

Oh, and I use 8-13s wait time.

#7 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Once you have advanced however, you have so much control over your times. If you live in an area far away from TNT, then you can set your times really low to get average speeds. Scot's guide (http://www.neocodex....-to-autobuying/) gives you a pretty good margin to set your times, so you get an idea. With advanced though, you'll definitely start to get more buys and have those green lines appear on your ABer Posted Image It's definitely something to look into.

Edited by ImmaBoss, 23 February 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#8 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

yeah, all my settings are at default. i dont think i can change anything because im not advanced yet.

thank you guys

what is 16000ms-28000ms? i looked in the setttings everywhere and saw nothing that looks like that and not even profit margin

#9 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

yeah, all my settings are at default. i dont think i can change anything because im not advanced yet.

thank you guys

what is 16000ms-28000ms? i looked in the setttings everywhere and saw nothing that looks like that and not even profit margin

Oh those are just how many milliseconds it took for me to buy an item, so in that case it would be 16-28 seconds. Most items go pretty fast though, from around 1500ms-3000ms, that's why they were lucky buys. That's the total time it took to purchase the item, which includes the MS Pre-Haggle and the OCR Page Delay.

Edit: Typo :p

Edited by ImmaBoss, 23 February 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#10 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I bought advanced just to get rid of that depressing feeling of seeing a whole bunch of red lines. It didn't work but at least I make more overall lol.
Wait time of about 5-7 seconds. I usually run AB for 4 hours a day in two chunks of about two hours.

My buy speeds average about 1500-1600 and i make on average 1m each day.

PS: If you feel ABrosia isn't working, just make a list with like toy sailboat on it and visit the tiki shack.
PPS: Seeing nothing usually means you're sitting in a shop with ~23 items and it seldom restocks and when it does, then someone picks the item up before you.
PPPS: I just checked chocolate, 24 items in stock ERGO no restocks are happening so ofc you can't catch any.

Edited by MoriNoRyu, 23 February 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#11 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

I bought advanced just to get rid of that depressing feeling of seeing a whole bunch of red lines. It didn't work but at least I make more overall lol.
Wait time of about 5-7 seconds. I usually run AB for 4 hours a day in two chunks of about two hours.

My buy speeds average about 1500-1600 and i make on average 1m each day.

PS: If you feel ABrosia isn't working, just make a list with like toy sailboat on it and visit the tiki shack.
PPS: Seeing nothing usually means you're sitting in a shop with ~23 items and it seldom restocks and when it does, then someone picks the item up before you.
PPPS: I just checked chocolate, 24 items in stock ERGO no restocks are happening so ofc you can't catch any.

wow...1m average, im so jealous. btw, when i started my abrosia it says this "2012-02-23 23:11:09 - Abrosia MSAB Started." and its been like 20 mins now and still nothing else popped out. could that mean that its not working for me or are other people beating me to the items. and what do you mean by red lines? i have yet to see them

#12 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

wow...1m average, im so jealous. btw, when i started my abrosia it says this "2012-02-23 23:11:09 - Abrosia MSAB Started." and its been like 20 mins now and still nothing else popped out. could that mean that its not working for me or are other people beating me to the items. and what do you mean by red lines? i have yet to see them

If you're still in chocolate I'd leave as nothing is restocking there because the shop is full, likely nobody is getting any items.
Red lines are when you catch a restock but fail to buy the item.

#13 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you're still in chocolate I'd leave as nothing is restocking there because the shop is full, likely nobody is getting any items.
Red lines are when you catch a restock but fail to buy the item.

where would you recommend i go to? choco was my number one shop when i used to rs 6 years ago. its like the only shop i know of and leaving it is like heartbreaking :(

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hey is your name supposed to be "peep hole" or "pee pole" ?

#15 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hey is your name supposed to be "peep hole" or "pee pole" ?

its pee pole, ive been using it as my ign for various games like sc and lol. am i gonna get banned for it?

#16 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

where would you recommend i go to? choco was my number one shop when i used to rs 6 years ago. its like the only shop i know of and leaving it is like heartbreaking :(

Any shop where the items in stock is under 24.
Books/Food/Backgrounds are pretty high volume. You can try seashells or coins if you're more patient.
Personally i'm a bit attached to seashells as i made 20m in my first week of ABing there. xD

#17 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Any shop where the items in stock is under 24.
Books/Food/Backgrounds are pretty high volume. You can try seashells or coins if you're more patient.
Personally i'm a bit attached to seashells as i made 20m in my first week of ABing there. xD

okay ill give those a try

"Bought Toy Sailboat: 166 NP in 51812ms"

well, i tested out what you told me and im glad that it works, but holy crap! 51812ms?! thats soo bad compared to 16000ms-28000ms

#18 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

well, i tested out what you told me and im glad that it works, but holy crap! 51812ms?! thats soo bad compared to 16000ms-28000ms

Holy crap that might be the slowest time I've ever seen. Thats like 30 times my buy speed. Where do you live and what internet do you have?

#19 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

That is really terrible lol. I'm not going to lie xD and the 16000-28000ms buys are the worst buys I've ever gotten. If you're using a proxy, I strongly recommend you change to one that's closer to TNT (California, USA). If that's you're home ip, then I also strongly recommend you use a proxy haha.

Edited by ImmaBoss, 23 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#20 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

i do use a proxy and i live in canada. i use regular high speed internet and im using a proxy right now with a 98% upload. i get my proxies from freeproxylist.net

#21 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

i do use a proxy and i live in canada. i use regular high speed internet and im using a proxy right now with a 98% upload. i get my proxies from freeproxylist.net

Yeah, using a free proxy slows down your buy speed significantly. If you're only on one account then i'd advise not using a proxy. Otherwise be prepared to fork over some money for a good one.

#22 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ah I see. Do you have more than one account that you AB on? Or just your main? Because if your internet is fast, I would recommend using your home internet. Your home internet is good because for one thing, its fast, and another thing, you aren't constantly switching proxies to maintain fast speeds, which looks really suspicious. I use proxies because I use my main on my home IP, and I also have a few other accounts. It's something to consider. A good site that I like to use for my proxies is http://www.checkedproxylists.com/. Not many use this site, and the proxies there are up most of the time, and there are new lists out daily. It's a great site to use(in my opinion).

#23 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

yes i do have a main, but i dont ab on it. you think i should just use my main internet for AB and use a proxy to go on my main?

#24 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

yes i do have a main, but i dont ab on it. you think i should just use my main internet for AB and use a proxy to go on my main?

That seems fine as long as you remember to always turn on your proxy for your main even to do mundane stuff like do dailies or check your shop.

#25 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

That would certainly speed things up, and it wouldn't be too suspicious as long as you don't switch proxies all the time. Just remember to switch back to your proxy when going on your main. You really don't want to link any of your ABing accounts to your main in case one gets frozen, because there could be a chance of a chain freezing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users