Daily Dare 2012

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Daily Dare

Welcome to Daily Dare, the event that's all about playing games, winning prizes, and letting Aristotle A. Avinroo know (in a kind and gracious way) just how much better you are at games. Join AAA and his sister Abigail for this year's Daily Dare!

Now that Daily Dare is over, make sure you pick up your prizes.

Basic Information:
Spoiler

Team Challenge
Spoiler

Day 18 (March 25):
Spoiler

Day 17 (March 24):
Spoiler

Day 16 (March 23):
Spoiler

Day 15 (March 22):
Spoiler

Day 14 (March 21):
Spoiler

Day 13 (March 20-21):
Spoiler

Day 12 (March 19):
Spoiler

Day 11 (March 18):
Spoiler

Day 10 (March 17):
Spoiler

Day 9 (March 16):
Spoiler

Day 8 (March 15):
Spoiler

Day 7 (March 14):
Spoiler

Day 6 (March 13):
Spoiler

Day 5 (March 12):
Spoiler

Day 4 (March 11):
Spoiler

Day 3 (March 10):
Spoiler

Day 2 (March 9):
Spoiler

Day 1 (March 7-8):
Spoiler

The NC Adventure Challenge

Spoiler
Links
L33T's Daily Dare 2012 Games Guide
Daily Dare
Team Challenges
The NC Adventure Challenge
Daily Dare Neoboards
Bug Prizes**

**Bugs (which are purple and furry) are found all throughout the Game Room-- click on them to receive a prize ^^ !
You're able to click on a maximum 10 bugs before they disappear for the rest of the day

Edited by Rainie, 26 March 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

There are four trophy levels this year for Daily Dare:
Gold – Beat AAA at each challenge.
Silver – Complete all challenges before the end of Daily Dare, beating AAA at least once.
Bronze – Beat Abigail at each challenge.
Participant – Beat or match at least one AAA or Abigail score by the end of the event.
Whether or not you participate every day does not play into the trophy tiers.

FAQ:

Do I get a prize for playing every day?
If you complete a challenge on the day it is released, you will receive a bonus prize with your other prize that day. You won't receive this prize if you complete the challenge after the day on which it is released.

I challenged AAA, but I changed my mind. Can I switch to Abigail?
Sorry, no. Once you have selected a challenger, you cannot change. Make sure you practise before making your choice, so you know which opponent you want to challenge.

What is Double Dare?
Double Dare is a special challenge during Daily Dare. To take the Double Dare, you must challenge AAA and match or beat his score. If you succeed, you'll receive AAA's and Abigail's prizes for the day! If you fail, however, you'll receive nothing.

What if I miss a day?
You can still earn the prizes for that day by matching or beating AAA's or Abigail's score for that game on another day. However, you won't get the bonus prize for that day.

How long will Daily Dare last?
Daily Dare will run for 18½ days, starting on Wednesday, March 7th at site sync and running through Sunday, March 25th at 11:59:59 PM NST. (NST is equal to U.S. Pacific Time.)

I challenged AAA, but I can't seem to match or beat his score on today's game -- can I still win a prize?
Yes, if you match or beat Abigail's score, you will win the Abigail prize for that challenge. You will not receive this prize until the end of the event in case you end up beating AAA's score. You will win AAA's prize if you beat or match his score on another day. However, you won't get the bonus prize if you cannot beat or match AAA's score on the day the game is launched. Also, if you don't eventually beat or match AAA's score in every challenge prior to midnight on March 25, 2012, you won't qualify for the gold trophy tier.

What are Neofriends and how do I find one?
Neofriends are other Neopians who have either requested to be your Neofriend or who have accepted your request to be their Neofriend. You can get to know other Neopets players on the Neobeards, guilds, etc. When you meet someone you’d like to be Neofriends with, just send them a request. If they accept it, you’re Neofriends! It’s a good idea to Neomail other players before sending them a Neofriend request, just to introduce yourself and make sure that you have plenty in common.

#3 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm so confused on which one to use

I like Rainie's better, but L33T's was posted first.

At any rate I absolutely blow at Snowmuncher <_<

#4 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm so confused on which one to use

I like Rainie's better, but L33T's was posted first.

At any rate I absolutely blow at Snowmuncher <_<

AoB it
http://www.neocodex....33-snowmuncher/

#5 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Treat Rainie's as a discussion and L33T's as a guide. ;p

#6 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

FAQ:

Whether or not you participate every day does not play into the trophy tiers.

This means I'm going to be stuck with the same trophy as the plebs who don't even complete the challenges on release day. :(

#7 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

FAQ:

This means I'm going to be stuck with the same trophy as the plebs who don't even complete the challenges on release day. :(

Geez TNT doesn't understand that us elitists must be elite.

#8 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

You can get AAA's score legitly by completing the first level without dying, then eat your way to the bottom of level 2 and let the clock run out, repeat 2 more times and you should have the required score when you reach the middle of level 2 on the 3rd go

FAQ:

I like it better with 11 trophy levels
The derpfication of neopets is complete

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I actually beat Abigail's score yaaay. I kind of wish I had challenged AAA now. <_<

#10 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thank you Scot for adding a FAQ.. and the last question.. ^^~
/I wasn't sure if I should or not since L33T had already created the guide cx

I actually beat Abigail's score yaaay. I kind of wish I had challenged AAA now. <_<

^u^ Congrats~
I had to challenge both AAA and Abigail to find out what the prizes were-- I'm glad that today's challenge is one out of very, very few games that I'm actually fairly good at x3

#11 Harleenz

Harleenz
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

So Abigail's prize was a book? I would prefer her item over AAA's :3 But thats just me.

I don't know if it still works now, but when I did the '10 Daily Dare, I'd play the game first and if the score was higher than AAA's, I'd go challenge him and then send score. Just to make sure.

#12 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

I don't know if it still works now, but when I did the '10 Daily Dare, I'd play the game first and if the score was higher than AAA's, I'd go challenge him and then send score. Just to make sure.

That should still work, I used to do that as well aha ^^~
(I'll check in a moment to confirm)

Edit: Yeah, it works fine c:

Edited by Rainie, 07 March 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#13 Harleenz

Harleenz
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yayy. That's great! Even though we all can use SS/AoB to guarantee a win.

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yayy. That's great! Even though we all can use SS/AoB to guarantee a win.

We don't all use SS/AoB

#15 Harleenz

Harleenz
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm just saying we have that option Posted Image

#16 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Joy, beat AAA with AoB. I don't plan on doing any actual legit playing this year :D

#17 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

I always played legit until this year, couldn't beat AAA on just a few games and missed the highest tier trophy every year. If I have bad time with any games this year, I'll simply use AoB.

Edited by Junjun, 07 March 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

The reason why the last question and answer is on the list for Daily Dare Q&A eludes me.

#19 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

The reason why the last question and answer is on the list for Daily Dare Q&A eludes me.

It's for the Team Challenges I think. After reading the help page on Neopets I still don't get the gist of Team Challenges though. :/

Edit: didn't see there was a page 2 for Team Challenges. Lol.
-Daily Dare includes four Team Challenges. Each Team Challenge will run from Friday through Sunday. The first Team Challenge will begin Friday, March 9th, 2012, at 12:00 AM NST and last until Sunday night, March 11th at 11:59 PM NST. (NST is equal to U.S. Pacific Time.)
-For Team Challenges, pair up with a Neofriend and then challenge AAA or Abigail together. You can both win an extra prize if you both defeat your opponent.

Edited by Fireworks, 08 March 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#20 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Here's a boards link.

#21 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Here's a boards link.

Thank you for that, I'll add it later ^^

#22 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Check my guide out again. Added the FAQ and a bunch of other stuff :)

#23 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

don't forget that you can just play the game, before you choose AAA or abi, just to see how many points you manage to get. if you get enough for AAA, just challenge him, before you send the score. i actually didn't think i can beat him on snowmuncher, but i did. HOORAY! i thought i don't feel like playing DD this year but now that it started... *SIGHS* does anybody sell nc? lol sorry :x

#24 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

don't forget that you can just play the game, before you choose AAA or abi, just to see how many points you manage to get. if you get enough for AAA, just challenge him, before you send the score. i actually didn't think i can beat him on snowmuncher, but i did. HOORAY! i thought i don't feel like playing DD this year but now that it started... *SIGHS* does anybody sell nc? lol sorry :x

I already put that in the Basic Information (under Strategy), but yeah, that's an awesome technique ^^~
( Congrats on the score c: )

I believe that piinkpearls sells NC o: ~ (&I could as well aha cx)

Updated with Day 2's challenge ^__^

#25 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

oh i'm sorry rainie, as usual i didn't read everything :x

thanks for day 2! maybe you should add the legal cheats for the clown game, since that score is pretty easy to get with them.
piecrust - ammo
custard - health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users