Photo

Finding the exact end of an auction

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Suffix

Suffix
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Is this possible? Some legit people seem to think it is, but obviously wont tell. I've already tested to see if the approximate timers change right on time, but as expected they are slightly random so I don't think it's possible to get the exact auction time from them.

Any ideas?

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

We already tested it, it doesn't seem to be possible because they add some random time onto it.

#3 rainfuzz

rainfuzz
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Refreshing until someone bids might be the only way on that. I'm not sure if there is a way to see the exact time unless you knew the exact time they set the auction up for.

What about watching the auction for when it changes time group?

-Also, it seems as if they group a couple to a few auctions together to end at the same time.

Edited by rainfuzz, 11 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#4 Suffix

Suffix
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

There is another fiddly way I think could be possible.

Choose your item, lets say it is in spot 50, look for an item that is going to finish before it, let's say it is in spot 40.

Wait for the 2nd item to hit spot 30 and then count + refresh until the 1st item hits spot 30. Once you have that you'll have the exact time between the 2 auctions. Now you just need to wait for the test item to disappear then count down for when the other auction ends so you can bid on the last second.

I think that should work.

#5 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

There is another fiddly way I think could be possible.

Choose your item, lets say it is in spot 50, look for an item that is going to finish before it, let's say it is in spot 40.

Wait for the 2nd item to hit spot 30 and then count + refresh until the 1st item hits spot 30. Once you have that you'll have the exact time between the 2 auctions. Now you just need to wait for the test item to disappear then count down for when the other auction ends so you can bid on the last second.

I think that should work.

No. The add random time to the end. It wont be exact.

#6 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Time groups aren't exact-- when it changes to <30 minutes there could actually only be 15 minutes left or something

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Username makes post

#8 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

The most 'exact' method is to keep refreshing the auction index page and wait until it's near the top of the page. But be careful, it's a very valuable object, or a really wanted one (paintbrushes, morphing potions, mega cheap stuff that's normally expensive), you have to be a mega fast typer

#9 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

It's useful to have the auction index page and the bidding page open at the same time. Refresh the index until the desired item is near the top of the page and then try to snipe. It gets easier with practice, but it's not an exact science.

#10 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

They added random timings to the time group too. There is currently no way to know the exact end. those people are probably lying

#11 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Maybe they're not as legit as they claim to be, and just use an auction sniper. :p

#12 Suffix

Suffix
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

<br />No. The add random time to the end. It wont be exact.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

There is no add random time onto the end.. Put an item in the auction for 1 hour and note down the exact time you put it in, it will end exactly 1 hour later, the only thing that is random is the approximate time left thing.

It's impossible to find out the exact start time without asking the owner though because auctions don't go that far back.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

<br /><br /><br />

There is no add random time onto the end.. Put an item in the auction for 1 hour and note down the exact time you put it in, it will end exactly 1 hour later, the only thing that is random is the approximate time left thing.

It's impossible to find out the exact start time without asking the owner though because auctions don't go that far back.

He meant that they add random time in the sense that if you note down when an item's time changes to say, for example, "< 30 mins", the auction won't end at exactly 30 mins after that change.

#14 Suffix

Suffix
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

&lt;br /&gt;He meant that they add random time in the sense that if you note down when an item's time changes to say, for example, &amp;quot;&amp;lt; 30 mins&amp;quot;, the auction won't end at exactly 30 mins after that change.&lt;br /&gt;

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />

Oh, for some reason thought it was a direct reply to me.

Edited by Suffix, 12 March 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />

Oh, for some reason thought it was a direct reply to me.

What's wrong with your browser btw? You keep converting things into special entities. O_o

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

What's wrong with your browser btw? You keep converting things into special entities. O_o

Maybe he's from Chile

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Maybe he's from Chile

sebustriandfa loca jajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

I guess it shouldn't be complete spam. but yeah.. not done. The programmers tried and there was no trend. Either do it manually and just do your best or... you know, autobuy.

#18 Suffix

Suffix
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't know, is it possibly because I don't have javascript turned on? I thought it was something I was just seeing and it would fix itself for everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users