Photo

Errors Validating

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 soul__stealer

soul__stealer
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Due to a number of issues with the site yet to still be repaired from our downtime, the forum validations are currently not being sent out.

Now, we aren't going to disable the validation system as that will lead to (more) spammers getting through. If you are registered and stuck waiting for a validation email, please email:
[email protected]

Subject: Forum Validation

Make sure you email me from the email address associated with the account or the validation will be ignored.

I'll be checking my emails every night and will validate everyone in batches, so there will be a delay in your validation however it will get done.

Regards,
Sou| Stea|er
Neocodex Administration

#2 JustinHoodMusic

JustinHoodMusic
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks mate! Glad to see you guys are always working to fix things here. Hope other people appreciate the help as well. I don't even know if I could play neopets without Codex.

#3 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

Guys seem to be getting more and more on top of things as they arise.

#4 Soulrez

Soulrez
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thank you for notifying us!

Although I haven't been here for long, I still appreciate the hard work the programming and administration team has put in!

#5 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Think we could get the permissions for the announcements forum changed so that unvalidated members can read it? We are directing them to this thread and it looks like they don't have permissions to see it so it doesn't really help

#6 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Could an admin shed light on why this isn't a trivial fix? IPB is PHP, PHP has a mail() function...

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

Could an admin shed light on why this isn't a trivial fix? IPB is PHP, PHP has a mail() function...

It's being throttled on the server-side by Amazon, it's not a PHP issue.

#8 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

It's being throttled on the server-side by Amazon, it's not a PHP issue.

That makes a little more sense. Why not set up a simple POP3-enabled bot to do the validation automatically in the meantime?

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

That makes a little more sense. Why not set up a simple POP3-enabled bot to do the validation automatically in the meantime?

You're asking the wrong person. :p

#10 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

I just validated approx 14-15 accounts so for those that had emailed me awaiting validation, you should be good to go now.

"approx 14-15", haha. Why're you manually validating? : /

#11 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Cos I have nothing else to do in life at the moment... except for some assignments which I need a break from :)

Fair enough. Still funner to do it programmatically. : )

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Cos I have nothing else to do in life at the moment... except for some assignments which I need a break from :)

And because we don't currently have any alternative until SL and Hydro sort out the email stuff. :p

#13 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

And because we don't currently have any alternative until SL and Hydro sort out the email stuff. :p

I... suggested an alternative?

#14 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Seeing as Hydrogen still 'owns' the site and it's still being worked on, who do you think actually has access to the server :p Most of it's done by Hydro and Shadow.

Yes, they are 'retired admins' but they stepped down so they could do the sorts of things they like doing, which is the backend stuff, a bit of programming etc.

There has been a miscommunication, it seems. You have access to your own inbox so you can check it for people emailing you about validation, and you have access to the admin panel so you can verify that an email about vertification is indeed from somebody waiting for validation. It is very simple to put those two together to automate the process. I don't think something so simple could have slipped by you, so... what am I missing?

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

There has been a miscommunication, it seems. You have access to your own inbox so you can check it for people emailing you about validation, and you have access to the admin panel so you can verify that an email about vertification is indeed from somebody waiting for validation. It is very simple to put those two together to automate the process. I don't think something so simple could have slipped by you, so... what am I missing?

The forum admin panel is completely different to the server admin panel as is the email system (the email system isn't technically attached to the forum at all). ;)

#16 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

The forum admin panel is completely different to the server admin panel. ;)

If he's validating by hand, then he can validate programmatically...

#17 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

So I've tried both links to activate my account, both of them send me to neocodex main page. I can't make a topic, nor can I post in 98% of the site.

Edit: My apologies I didn't read the full message at the top.

Edited by St3v3, 17 March 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Due to a number of issues with the site yet to still be repaired from our downtime, the forum validations are currently not being sent out.

Now, we aren't going to disable the validation system as that will lead to (more) spammers getting through. If you are registered and stuck waiting for a validation email, please email:
[email protected]

Subject: Forum Validation

Make sure you email me from the email address associated with the account or the validation will be ignored.

I'll be checking my emails every night and will validate everyone in batches, so there will be a delay in your validation however it will get done.

Regards,
Sou| Stea|er
Neocodex Administration

So I've tried both links to activate my account, both of them send me to neocodex main page. I can't make a topic, nor can I post in 98% of the site.

Did you mail the above email with your details?

#19 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Did you mail the above email with your details?

Yeah, I edited my last post saying I didn't read the full message.
Been waiting awhile now, admins been on a few times. STILL not validated.

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, I edited my last post saying I didn't read the full message.
Been waiting awhile now, admins been on a few times. STILL not validated.

You could always try sending it again, make sure that you're sending it from the email address you registered your Neocodex account on.

#21 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Just because my account appears logged in, doesn't mean it is logged in. Generally I have my browser sitting on codex and every now and then may hit the refresh button as I walk past.

Your account has been validated, and I did it within 24 hours of you sending me the email.

I feel like a douche now. My apologies. I guess you must be the only admin doing validation.
Thank you nonetheless.

#22 Gibby2

Gibby2
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Looking forward to the validation and to purchase premium! (maybe enter the contest)
I hope your life is going well and understand that you may be busy. Awaiting validation at [email protected] :)

Edited by Gibby2, 19 March 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#23 rbdash

rbdash
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

I haven't been on in a while but decided to come back today, and even bought a month subscription of advance ( :D ). But I'm getting an error message saying "we were unable to properly retrieve the information from the server. please contact the staff." Does this just mean I need to be validated?

#24 rbdash

rbdash
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks a bunch! Sorry for the silly question. Will try again. :)

#25 marcos123

marcos123
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Been trying to get my account valid i haven't received it and i sent a email towards soul stealer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users