Photo

Computer for diablo 3?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 klancenet

klancenet
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

So I just purchased a new laptop, it's an Asus k53e-BBR14. It does fine with everything except graphics. I bought it about 10 days ago from best buy so I plan on returning it and buying a cheap gaming PC. My budget is about $600, I wont be going crazy with gaming, I'll pretty much just be using it for diablo 3 and other random web browsing/neopets.

Diablo 3 specs: http://us.battle.net...em-requirements

Do you guys have any suggestions? I'd prefer to buy it from bestbuy for convenience but I'm open to other places.

#2 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Build your own, more bang for buck compared to a prebuilt pc.

http://www.reddit.co.../comments/f3efg

#3 klancenet

klancenet
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

I was considering that but it doesn't seem worth it to me, the savings isn't significant enough for all the trouble I'd have to go through ordering parts etc.

#4 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

I was considering that but it doesn't seem worth it to me, the savings isn't significant enough for all the trouble I'd have to go through ordering parts etc.

Once you learn how to build your own computer, upgrading is easier and you save A LOT of money down the road.

Edited by Icey Defeat, 15 March 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#5 Arkidas

Arkidas
  • 1231 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Blizzard games usually don't require high end gear.

#6 klancenet

klancenet
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Blizzard games usually don't require high end gear.

Yeah I know this, but I've looked around bestbuy.com under the recommended system requirements for diablo III and most of them are over 7-800, it's hard to find one with a decent graphics card

#7 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

God damn it, just buy a mac and get over with it you little dumbo.

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

:l

#9 d4lta

d4lta
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

eeehhh i hate macs, my mums got a mac book pro, which ive used a few times when i visit. yeh it ok but it just seems gimmicky to me, windows all the way i say so much simpler and chhhheeeaper :D

i bought my puter for 500 quid brand new, its 3.2ghz which is on par with xbox but the graphics card was pants so i got a half decent one with a new power unit and job done 610 quid all together and it will run everything easy :D

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

eeehhh i hate macs, my mums got a mac book pro, which ive used a few times when i visit. yeh it ok but it just seems gimmicky to me, windows all the way i say so much simpler and chhhheeeaper :D

i bought my puter for 500 quid brand new, its 3.2ghz which is on par with xbox but the graphics card was pants so i got a half decent one with a new power unit and job done 610 quid all together and it will run everything easy :D

I agree, macs are over expensive and you are mostly buying the brand.

With PC's you have much more control over what is going into your system and can truly make it "yours" whereas a mac, they all look and act the same... NewEgg has some great videos for newbies who are learning to build PC's, its also much more rewarding :)

~Cody

#11 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Spoiler

I'm saying he should buy a mac because he's retarded.

#12 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

If you decide to build one, heres a guide that will help you:
www.tinyurl.com/falconguide

#13 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Choosing Windows or Mac is a personal preference. Just because you use one over the other does not mean that everyone else is retarded. I use Windows, and I graduated high school with a 4.3 GPA on a 4 point scale and currently attend a private university with $25,000 in merit scholarship. I am not dumb because I use Windows. You are not dumb because you use Mac.

Honestly, for price and compatibility, I would definitely say Windows all the way. :) Things actually have to be labelled "for Mac users" in order for those users to know if they can install it.

#14 peepole

peepole
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

the best comment ive seen today. you just made my day lol

#15 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

• Gaming pc
  • Cheap

Pick 1

#16 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yeah but he wants cheap too so technically shouldn't he get a Dell? :devil:

Choosing Windows or Mac is a personal preference. Just because you use one over the other does not mean that everyone else is retarded. I use Windows, and I graduated high school with a 4.3 GPA on a 4 point scale and currently attend a private university with $25,000 in merit scholarship. I am not dumb because I use Windows. You are not dumb because you use Mac.

Honestly, for price and compatibility, I would definitely say Windows all the way. :) Things actually have to be labelled "for Mac users" in order for those users to know if they can install it.

That was way too much effort you just put into that post

• Gaming pc
  • Cheap

Pick 1

#17 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Obviously you're blowing it out your ass because your reading comprehension skills are the equivalent of a potato.

#18 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

#19 d4lta

d4lta
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

lol i love it when people have to try and prove how clever they are.

guess what guys...no one really give a damn how clever/hard/amazing you are Posted Image

#20 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

lol i love it when people have to try and prove how clever they are.

guess what guys...no one really give a damn how clever/hard/amazing you are Posted Image

The only reason I bother is because I know if I don't, everyone will be all "durr, Mishatu's an idiot, durr". Obviously I failed because they're doing that ANYWAYS.

Obviously you're blowing it out your ass because your reading comprehension skills are the equivalent of a potato.

Obviously I have nothing better to do than prove a point because some people on here are rather dense.

Edited by Mishatu, 22 March 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image

#22 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Irrelevant.

#23 d4lta

d4lta
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

ever tried to use a mouse with a mac?? don't...
ever tried finding the @ button??? don't...
ever tried to do alt ctrl dlt??? don't
plus about 100 other things, what a pain in the ass these things are.

i bought my pc, but i should've forked out for a decent laptop so i don't have to use a mac when i'm not at home Posted Image

#24 dratini

dratini
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

i have a sony vaio and yeah the only problem with mine is my graphics card not being quite good enough.. i've already had the game preordered for me though and i don't have the money to upgrade my computer (especially for the sake of a single game) so i guess i'll just have to deal with it

ps http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

Edited by dratini, 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#25 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Remember for current, upcoming games, graphic cards are first priority! Everything else does not really have to be at the top end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users