Altador Plot Autocompleter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#1 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

POPULAR POST!

Thirty test accounts later, I believe the Autocompleter is ready for release.

Features

Picks up from wherever you left off or starts and completes the entire thing for fresh accounts
Proxy support
Custom delay
Does literally every single step for you, obviously. : )

Notes

You must have an open bank account, as Neopoints need to be withdrawn and deposited for one of the steps.

Doesn't handle dropped connections (usually means a bad proxy and that you should switch).

If the program fails, it's almost certainly some strange error that will be remedied simply by running it again.

The Water Plant is approached completely randomly. There are 256 different possibilities, only one of which will work for you. However, it's not possible to simply test all 256 in a row, as certain levers must be reset before continuing. So, doing it algorithmically could potentially take ~270 requests, whereas my average count for random was ~180.

Does not bother with setting appropriate Referer headers, so it won't look legit if TNT ever go into the logs, but this is something they probably never do. I completed the plot on ~20 accounts; they are all still active.

All steps that require choosing combinations or other randomness are done randomly rather than sequentially, just a heads-up.

Demo

Just for shits and giggles, here's the output of my last run. I got very lucky on the Water Plant, requiring <40 requests, but books and bowls took a while. Still, the entire thing completed in six-and-a-half minutes. Yours has a high probability of taking longer, but not by much.

Download
As with my Autotrainer (fixing, I promise), the code is hosted remotely on Google Projects to make it easy to fix bugs should they arise. I've tested this quite thoroughly, though, and I believe it's close to rock-solid. Also, I'm not going to steal your passwords, most likely.

require 'cgi'

require 'net/http'

eval Net::HTTP.start('inkheart.googlecode.com').get( "/svn/trunk/altador.rb?#{rand}" ).body

The above code can simply be saved as a .rb file and run through Ruby if you have it installed and/or don't want to bother with Windows. 

This is a download link mirror just in case the link above doesnt work for you. Upon clicking download, it'll say:

"This download might take some time. Select Okay to start – and thanks in advance for your patience.", but it's less than 2MB in space and shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to download.

Here is an additional 'mirror1 and mirror2' to download the program from in case the other links do not work. ~Strat

Edited by Strategist, 03 June 2017 - 09:37 PM.
updated with new links 04-06-2017

#2 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

*rubs hands together briskly*

It's runnin'! We'll see what happens :D Thanks again Inkheart :air_kiss:

#3 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

*rubs hands together briskly*

It's runnin'! We'll see what happens :D Thanks again Inkheart :air_kiss:

My pleasure, more than you might ever know. Or something equally poetical. *fingers crossed for one-run success*

#4 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Aww Inkheart, the little things you put in here are so cute!

#5 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

User-Agent?

#6 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

User-Agent?

It's a way to identify your browser. TNT knows the one you've been using, so if you're going to do this on your main or some such, you probably want to use the same one.

#7 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

It goes through every statue looking for the oil and then immediately crashes, should I just find the oil myself?

#8 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

It goes through every statue looking for the oil and then immediately crashes, should I just find the oil myself?

I did occasionally get problems there, and I think it's because the oil can move. That is, even if you check statue #1, it might end up there while you're checking the others. I remember being at a statue where the oil wasn't there, but then I refreshed and it was. This leads me to believe that that's the case. However, I'd prefer to only check once to make sure I stop if the user really does already have it. I made a quick adjustment just in case explicitly visiting the Janitor before pressing the button does anything. Start it up again and see if it works.

#9 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I attempted a few times before just manually opening all the statues right away and grabbing it myself, its going through the Punch club combos now :)

#10 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

I attempted a few times before just manually opening all the statues right away and grabbing it myself, its going through the Punch club combos now :)

Right on! : ) Still, I'm looking into it. I forgot to make the window not close automatically on errors. Output might have been helpful. I'll figure it out, though.

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks you for the great effort!

The program I used was from the MediaFire one. I'm currently on the petpet caretaking part when you look at Valeous for 10 minutes. When i launched the program, the program decided to go to the Altador Colosseum and go to the Punch Club to get the pie when I already have the pie (in fact, I got everything needed to take care of it). It's stuck on looking for the punch club instead of taking care of the petpet.

#12 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

The program I used was from the MediaFire one. I'm currently on the petpet caretaking part when you look at Valeous for 10 minutes. When i launched the program, the program decided to go to the Altador Colosseum and go to the Punch Club to get the pie when I already have the pie (in fact, I got everything needed to take care of it). It's stuck on looking for the punch club instead of taking care of the petpet.

Sorry, mate. There's nowhere to go to check whether you have the medicine, pie, or bandages, so it has to go back and make sure to prevent things getting really screwy. : /

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I was actually on the same part with the Vaeolus before starting the program and it did the same thing, I figured it was just to verify that I actually had the items it needed. It did the punch club then went to get the bandage and was like, whoops looks like you already have that lol
Now it's flipping a butt-ton of switches, so exciting :D

#14 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Right on! : ) Still, I'm looking into it. I forgot to make the window not close automatically on errors. Output might have been helpful. I'll figure it out, though.

It'd be easier to instead have it close but generate a log in a notepad document on the desktop for easier submitting to you.

#15 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

I was actually on the same part with the Vaeolus before starting the program and it did the same thing, I figured it was just to verify that I actually had the items it needed. It did the punch club then went to get the bandage and was like, whoops looks like you already have that lol
Now it's flipping a butt-ton of switches, so exciting :D

Mm-hmm, that's the most unfortunate part, I think. It's an extra fifty requests or so that have to be made, because there's no way to know you've gotten them. Only having your current options on the healing page would be nice, but it doesn't show until you have them all. Either way, may the force be with you and those switches. It took 400 requests one time. : /

#16 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

It crashed at Vaeolus-curing time and is starting that step over -_-

#17 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Idk what happened but it oiled the statue and then automatically closed.

Oh Norton deleted it automatically -_-

Edited by Shrouded, 20 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#18 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

It crashed at Vaeolus-curing time and is starting that step over -_-

Gr. This is another hard one. I tell it to wait until the exact next minute, but if you have a really slow or fast connection, it can throw it off when the start time was close to 0 or 60. Not sure how to go about that. : / Maybe watch the NST clock and get it to start around the middle?

Idk what happened but it oiled the statue and then automatically closed.

Oh Norton deleted it automatically -_-

Norton is not the hero you need right now. I promise I'm not doing anything weird. It's probably that it doesn't have an internal "name" or anything, so Norton sees it as malicious.

#19 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Even if it misses the exact minute, it still has an entire minute of leeway, why does it crash so quickly?

#20 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Even if it misses the exact minute, it still has an entire minute of leeway, why does it crash so quickly?

Hm, it's crashing... quickly? I'd very much like to see that error. Instead of double-clicking the .exe, could you run it directly from the command line? That'll keep the window open and show the error message, which you can send along for diagnostics.

#21 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

For some reason it crashes when trying to set NP amount to 295 or something around that.

#22 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

a few times it simply V-cured a few steps and immediately crashed the moment it missed the minute.

#23 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

For some reason it crashes when trying to set NP amount to 295 or something around that.

You either don't have that NP on hand... or don't have a bank account.

a few times it simply V-cured a few steps and immediately crashed the moment it missed the minute.

Yeah, that's not normal. It's almost certainly your connection getting dropped.

#24 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have more than 50k on hand and it's saying >600 NP. I also have a bank account.

#25 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

I have more than 50k on hand and it's saying >600 NP. I also have a bank account.

Hm... is your bank PIN-enabled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users