• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#226 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

Wow, they really do call it a hiatus... I have never heard of it!

Is it one of those progressive plots without a deadline?

I think so :) It's been around for years

#227 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

I think so :) It's been around for years

...Oh man... and I call myself an experienced user... :(

#228 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

This is great :) For those of you using a MacBook, ruby may be natively installed on your computer. In that case, it's so simple to use. To see if you have Ruby installed open up a Terminal window and type:

ruby -v

Should you have Ruby installed, a version will be displayed. To run this program without having to download an executable, copy the portion of code referenced, paste it in a TextEdit window (makes sure to convert to plain text!) and save the file with a .rb extension. Open a terminal window and navigate to wherever you saved the file (cd = show directories; ls = list files) and once you are in the folder where you saved the .rb file, type ruby (NAME OF YOUR FILE).rb. The script will begin to run automatically!

Sorry if this is double post information.. I don't ever see a lot of love for the mac users. Thanks for the program! Lots of programming handiwork.. much appreciated. 

#229 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I made a slightly edited version of this script that fixes the crashing in the bank account part. Now you don't have to do it manually! Also added some features that make this bot more legit, such as a predefined delay and using an actual user agent as default.

To use the edited script, copy paste this into a text editor and save it as altador.rb (or anything you like) in the file Documents.

Macs: Go to your terminal and navigate to the file path (use the command "cd Documents" if you saved this script in your Documents file) and type "ruby altador.rb" into your terminal. Then, you will be prompted for your username if all goes well.

Windows: I'm not as familiar with Windows, but I think this is how it goes. First download ruby here: http://rubyinstaller.org

Once you have ruby downloaded, open the ruby file and click on "Start Command Prompt with Ruby". A command line will pop up. Navigate to your file path (use the command "cd Documents" if you saved the script in your Documents file) and use the command "ruby altador.rb" into the command line. If all goes well, you will be prompted for your username. 

Mac version of script:

Spoiler

Windows version of script

Spoiler

Any questions/comments feel free to ask :)

Woot! Nice job! Too bad I already did it manually when I was bored :(. Oh well, I hope others find it useful. +rep! :)

#230 stuuf

stuuf
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Is there any way you can add a screenshot of the command prompt for the windows version? it keeps giving me errors and I'm sure it's just something dumb that I'm doing...

#231 Furinkazan

Furinkazan
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Did you open the "Start Command Prompt with Ruby"? What errors specifically are you getting and when?

Well I keep getting Syntax error when i copied the whole script correctly :|

#232 Furinkazan

Furinkazan
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

When you copy paste, check if there are any really weird symbols at the very very end. Sometimes that happens for me and that will screw things up. This script works fine when I copied pasted the windows script into my windows VM.

I checked the end and there wasn't any weird symbols :\, this is the error that I get.

http://imgur.com/ld1ZmRu

#233 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

@nitro

Hey! Dying to use this. I've got mac and ruby installed apparently. Okay, I've saved the code as a rb file but I have no idea where to go next. Would love if you could walk me through this :D

#234 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

great work, @nitro. here, take a rep. :p

#235 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

@nitro

It says 'command not found' :(

#236 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

Good work nitro.

#237 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

Is there anyway to open it without terminal @nitro ?

#238 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

@nitro

Where do i put the script ?

#239 stuuf

stuuf
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

Thankyou!!!

Edited by stuuf, 08 April 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#240 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

You could try getting the letters the right way around, @stuuf.

#241 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

cd, not dc.

#242 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

Also, you missed a "Jodie", Jodie.

#243 stuuf

stuuf
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

oh darnit

Wow at my mistake as well, beyond tired, my bad, thank you!
that's pretty embarrassing considering that means I did wrong at least 5 times last night and this morning.

And it works! Thanks again.

Edited by stuuf, 08 April 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#244 Furinkazan

Furinkazan
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Ahh it works now, it didnt work on my desktop but it worked on my laptop while doing to steps the same way, weird. Oh well :D cheers!

#245 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

For Windows users having problems:

First, download the Ruby installer (I chose 1.9.3, as it was mentioned as 'stable' on the Ruby website and includes all of the packages you'll need for this script). Run the .exe file and install Ruby on your machine.

This step is very important: You must click Start > Programs  and navigate to the newly created Ruby folder in your programs list. There you will find the "Start Command Prompt With Ruby."

Once the command prompt is started, you navigate to wherever you saved altador.rb (or whatever you called it). Once you're in that folder, type "ruby altador.rb" (without the quotes and whatever your named your .rb file) and it will ask you for your Username/Password and then start working for you.

Make sure when you save the script in notepad that you change the file type to "All Files" instead of ".txt files" before you save the .rb or you will get a rb.txt extension and your script will fail.

Feel free to PM if you have any more questions!

EDIT: Note that if at ANY time your internet connection drops, this script will error and fail. Once you are reconnected to a network, restart the script (ruby altador.rb) and it will pick up where it left off. Also, it's advised that you do NOT browse Neopets while this script is running, as it uses your native browser and you may encounter errors. 

PS: Nitro.. you rock. Thanks so much for this update!! :D :D

Edited by Iridium77, 08 April 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#246 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

@nitro

Thanks for the reply, where do I find the "Start Command Prompt with Ruby"?

Cheers for your patience mate! :)

#247 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

@nitro

Thanks for the reply, where do I find the "Start Command Prompt with Ruby"?

Cheers for your patience mate! :)

For Mac or Windows? If it's Windows, I just posted a lengthy how-to and it includes this step.

#248 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

For Mac or Windows? If it's Windows, I just posted a lengthy how-to and it includes this step.

It's Mac sorry :(

#249 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

@nitro i still didn't understand..

where there is no guide

#250 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards