Altador Plot Autocompleter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#251 ChunkyButt

ChunkyButt
  • Banned from trading - DO NOT trade with this user

• 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

I giggle when I see so many other forums trying to make one of these and this little beaut is sitting here. Honestly such good work, well done.

#252 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

This is great :) For those of you using a MacBook, ruby may be natively installed on your computer. In that case, it's so simple to use. To see if you have Ruby installed open up a Terminal window and type:

ruby -v

Should you have Ruby installed, a version will be displayed. To run this program without having to download an executable, copy the portion of code referenced, paste it in a TextEdit window (makes sure to convert to plain text!) and save the file with a .rb extension. Open a terminal window and navigate to wherever you saved the file (cd = show directories; ls = list files) and once you are in the folder where you saved the .rb file, type ruby (NAME OF YOUR FILE).rb. The script will begin to run automatically!

Sorry if this is double post information.. I don't ever see a lot of love for the mac users. Thanks for the program! Lots of programming handiwork.. much appreciated. 

hey thanks for putting some mac directions. i'm not very computer savvy at all so i definitely need help setting this up. i completed all the steps up until navigating to where i saved the file. i'm so noob that i don't actually know how to do this. could someone please explain it to me?

#253 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Type in the command "cd" and after it type in the folder where you saved the .rb file

So as an example using the documents folder:

You can do this this way: cd /Users/username/Documents/

Or this way:cd ~/Documents

You can also type in ls for a list of files in the directory (so in the example, it would give you a list of files in the Documents folder).

If that still didn't make sense, here's a quick guide to the terminal. http://mac.appstorm....nal-the-basics/

Edited by Satsuki, 14 May 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#254 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

oh thanks! i got it to work :) but after determining which step i'm on it gave me an error. here's the output:

You should use your actual User-Agent if playing on your own IP address.
Otherwise, leave it blank to use a default one.
User-Agent: chrome

How long should the program wait (in seconds) between requests?
You can use 0, but >=2 is recommended.
Delay: 2.5
Determining your current step...
Plotted the Sleeper constellation.
Got book.
Finding the oil...
altador.rb:4: (eval):179:in `rand': can't convert Range into Integer (TypeError)
from (eval):179

i saw something about people having problems with the oil in the beginning of this thread. should i do this step on my own?

Edited by nestlepak, 14 May 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#255 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

ok, after completing a step on my own i tried running it again and it gave me a different error:

Determining your current step...
Plotted the First to Rise constellation.
altador.rb:4: undefined method `empty?' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1596:in `initialize'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:772:in `new'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:772:in `get'
from (eval):9:in `get'
from (eval):522

#256 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

Attached File  My issues.png   556.08KB   0 downloads  i keep getting this 

Edited by MichaelA, 16 May 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#257 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

ok, after doing a whole bunch of steps i tried it again and it finally worked but once it hit this part:

Bandaged the Vaeolus.
Sleeping for 53 seconds...
Bandaged the Vaeolus.
Sleeping for 54 seconds...
Fed the Vaeolus.
altador.rb:4: private method `split' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

it stopped. oh and it also did the tending to the vaeolus for more than 10 times

Edited by nestlepak, 16 May 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#258 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

ok, after doing a whole bunch of steps i tried it again and it finally worked but once it hit this part:

Bandaged the Vaeolus.
Bandaged the Vaeolus.
Sleeping for 54 seconds...
Fed the Vaeolus.
altador.rb:4: private method `split' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

it stopped. oh and it also did the tending to the vaeolus for more than 10 times

When I used the program I noticed it had a tiny bit of a problem with vaeolus. If the program isn't completing the step correctly, do it yourself and it should be fine from thereon afterwards.

#259 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

alright, seems like this program is just a good motivator to get me to do things myself lol. got an error on the next step, the water plant part:

Gonna throw a whole bunch of switches, this will take a while...
altador.rb:4: undefined method `sample' for ["r1v1", "r1v2", "r2v3", "r2v4", "r2s1", "r3s2", "r3s3", "r3s4"]:Array (NoMethodError)

#260 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Anyone know why i'm getting this error after putting all my information and delay in? (On a Mac btw)

apc.rb:77:in `<main>': uninitialized constant Net (NameError)

#261 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

Mediafire says the download link was removed. Can we get a new link?

#262 GirlFierce

GirlFierce
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Mediafire says the download link was removed. Can we get a new link?

I am having the same problem, is there an alternative download link?

#263 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

I'd love to run this if there is. I'm a little slow to the punch but at least I'm not alone.

#264 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

I think the link still is gone. We are hopeless... Help us oh great ones, help our shells look slightly less empty, and give us thine program again.

#265 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Should I make a separate topic on how to run the program even if the .exe file is unavailable? 

Is this mediafire exe file not available to you? I just took the link from the first post and I still have access without a problem.

#266 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Or someone can re-upload it...     :crybaby:

#267 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Really? I get this page when I click the link:

UctrnQN.png

Or someone can re-upload it...     :crybaby:

NO!

just kidding. I'll reupload it when I get back from lunch.

#268 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

NO!

just kidding. I'll reupload it when I get back from lunch.

You are awesome.

#269 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Here's a new link:

https://app.box.com/...5qzczs4ybirshr6

It'll say:

"This download might take some time. Select Okay to start – and thanks in advance for your patience."

But it's less than 2M and shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to download.

I'll update the OP

#270 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Working! Thanks a ton. +rep

EDIT:  Ok, now at the step with the depositing np and such. My program will set np to 3 different numbers, and then a shiz ton of text pops up for a split second and the program shuts down. It has done this 5 times in a row. Help?

Edited by Kaddict, 16 August 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#271 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Working! Thanks a ton. +rep

EDIT:  Ok, now at the step with the depositing np and such. My program will set np to 3 different numbers, and then a shiz ton of text pops up for a split second and the program shuts down. It has done this 5 times in a row. Help?

it's doing that for me too. Not sure if  you got a PM helping you or not. But I had to login to my NP account and do the shop checking for the item that had the Libra symbol on it, and do the x100 for the inflation thing too. afterwards just run the program again and it finished everything else right up. not bad, nice program besides that little hiccup.

Heads up for whomever else downloads this program and uses it.

#272 baswick

baswick
  • 313 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

I have a version of the program with bug fixes for the bank depositing part here: http://www.neocodex....r/#entry1729690

I thought this was the one they were talking about. I used yours too, and was having that issue that he mentioned. No other issues though. I ran it on two different accounts earlier yesterday.

#273 Ohailno

Ohailno
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

it's doing that for me too. Not sure if  you got a PM helping you or not. But I had to login to my NP account and do the shop checking for the item that had the Libra symbol on it, and do the x100 for the inflation thing too. afterwards just run the program again and it finished everything else right up. not bad, nice program besides that little hiccup.

Heads up for whomever else downloads this program and uses it.

It did it for me too, I did what you said and it worked! Thank you.

It got to the Vaelorous? part and did the bandaged/sleeping/fed thing 8 times and shuts down. Did it twice. Did it do that for you too or is it just me?

Never mind I got it. After the first one it messed up on; I had to run it again one-four times to complete each additional stage.

Edited by Sarah, 09 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#274 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:26 AM

We need one of these for Mac users.

#275 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

We need one of these for Mac users.

You can always use a virtual machine  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users