Photo

The Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Who's going to see the midnight premiere tonight? I know I am, and I'm SUPER excited!! :D

#2 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

I want to, it looks really good. Well, from what little I've seen of it.

#3 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's amazing! c:

#4 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

my friend's brother is one of the extras in the movie - so we are definitely going to go see it tonight
i read the books and have heard that S Collins (the author) worked with the script writers so it should be true to the book
plus with a two and a half hour run time they should have plenty of time to really encapsulate the book :3

#5 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I heard its going to over emphasis the love aspect of the book for the big screen :(.

#6 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I heard its going to over emphasis the love aspect of the book for the big screen :(.

ugh
<_<

just like Harry Potter
those cinema-wretches

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Don't they do this in every screen adaptation of a pre-existing work of literature?

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm seeing it tomorrow and I cannot wait!!

#9 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

my friend's brother is one of the extras in the movie - so we are definitely going to go see it tonight
i read the books and have heard that S Collins (the author) worked with the script writers so it should be true to the book
plus with a two and a half hour run time they should have plenty of time to really encapsulate the book :3

That's awesome! What extra is he? Yeah I had read that too. I also read that she saw the movie and really liked it, so that makes me hopeful ^_^

Ugh I hope not. But that does sound like something Hollywood would do >.>

#10 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I decided to wait until Saturday. I've read all the books and I'm pretty excited. I would see it before then but I don't have any time :( I guess I didn't really decide to wait it was forced on me.

Edited by Shrouded, 22 March 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#11 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Don't they do this in every screen adaptation of a pre-existing work of literature?

Posted Image

#12 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'm not that much of a fanatic to lose sleep over viewing a movie I could basically view the next day. If I had a group of friends that wanted to go I would I guess. :p

2 hours and 30 minutes run time? That's amazing! I really do hope the movie is like the book!

#13 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I finished the first book a few days ago and am about 1/3 through the second. I really hope they don't turn the movies into a Twilight-esque clusterfuck... There's so much going on in the books it would be a real shame to reduce it to a love triangle with some baddies in the background. Like in the previews Gale has such a prominent figure, but in the first book he's not really that present...

I keep seeing "Team Gale" and "Team Peeta" and I'm like, "Team Down With the Capitol, bitches!"

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

How about "Team Natural and Complex Narrative"?

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Napiform, 23 March 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Not really a spoiler, since it's not accurate, and doesn't reflect the outcome of the books.

#17 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

I just bought the trilogy off ebay a week ago so I'd fully appreciate this movie, so I'm not going to be watching the movie until I at least finish book 1 =p

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Not really a spoiler, since it's not accurate, and doesn't reflect the outcome of the books.

It's large vertically though. Would you like me to remove the tags so you can feel better about the denotation of the word 'spoiler'?

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

It's large vertically though. Would you like me to remove the tags so you can feel better about the denotation of the word 'spoiler'?

I don't much care either way.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

I enjoyed the book even though I realize they're not extremely well written. The writing style just made it addicting to keep on reading.

That being said, I'm not going to watch the movie until I see some reviews. I honestly find it difficult to make the movie similar to the book's pacing and style, thus if they slow it down and draw out the romance, I'm going to hate it and it's not worth my time. If they are able to in fact keep the tone and pace of the book, then maybe I'll go with some friends. God knows I have enough friends planning multiple days to go see it...

#21 JorJor

JorJor
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

I saw it at midnight and (at least in my opinion) they didn't overplay the romance at all. In fact that part felt a little rushed to me. I thought the pacing was similar to the book, though again, a few parts felt rushed to me and there were a few things that I didn't like/would have changed. Overall, I thought it was a great movie :)

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

The pacing was terrible. There was no character development beyond Katniss and Peeta, and what there was for those two was superficial at best.
There wasn't enough exposition before the Reaping. I didn't give a shit about Prim, or Rue.

Expendable mannequin characters, the lot of them.

#23 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

The pacing was terrible. There was no character development beyond Katniss and Peeta, and what there was for those two was superficial at best.
There wasn't enough exposition before the Reaping. I didn't give a shit about Prim, or Rue.

Expendable mannequin characters, the lot of them.

Just saw the movie and now I'm reading the books. I noticed there is ZERO development of boy from District 12 (through a decent bit of the book). In the movie, it's like hes a main character.

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Just saw the movie and now I'm reading the books. I noticed there is ZERO development of boy from District 12 (through a decent bit of the book). In the movie, it's like hes a main character.

You mean Gale?
He gets a significant portion of the text in the first few chapters, before the Reaping. After that, he's only mentioned by way of Katniss' pangs of guilt.
In the later books, he becomes slightly more prevalent.

#25 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

You mean Gale?
He gets a significant portion of the text in the first few chapters, before the Reaping. After that, he's only mentioned by way of Katniss' pangs of guilt.
In the later books, he becomes slightly more prevalent.

Sure, Gale (I'm god awful with names). His only mention was the slight back story about him burning the bread. He's on the screen the entire time basically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users