I'm done.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Mate, it's the internet. And we're all strangers. You're not going to get sympathy from everyone on an online forum, you should just take it all with a grain of salt.
Demoting yourself over the actions of a single member is a tad excessive, as is posting an announcement and calling that member out.

Having said that uh, chin up? :thumbsup:

edit: must admit I skimmed your post and it sounds like you're not demoting yourself, despite the ambiguity of saying you're done with neocodex. Perhaps a little clarification is in order?
edit2: So you are demoting yourself. In that case, promote me to admin and I'll take your place. I'll pull some of these little fuckers in line (and also deal with a few other members who have drawn my ire). :lol2:

Edited by wetfartificial, 03 April 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

With this post, I'm done. Valentine has the support of a number of 'retired' members, and whilst they make up a small minority of the site their experience should mean that among themselves, they should be able to replace me with little effort.

Don't be reckless. Many on this site have grown to, not only respect your contributions to the site, but you as a leader/admin.
You said yourself that the retired members only make up a small minority on the site. Don't let them convince you to walk away.
Take a look at the other advanced+ members and non-advanced members; I'm sure they would really rather you stay.

Spoiler

Edited by Pikachuu, 03 April 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#3 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Perhaps a little clarification is in order?

...they should be able to replace me with little effort.

Seems like a pretty clear indication of his intentions?

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

I need to go to bed since it's pretty late, but I'll come up with a more formal response to this tomorrow.

they should be able to replace me with little effort.

*sigh*

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

edit2: So you are demoting yourself. In that case, promote me to admin and I'll take your place. I'll pull some of these little fuckers in line (and also deal with a few other members who have drawn my ire).

Posted Image

Edited by Pikachuu, 03 April 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#6 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Seems like a pretty clear indication of his intentions?

Even after admitting I skimmed it on the first reading, I still skimmed it on the second.

#7 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Don't be reckless. Many on this site have grown to, not only respect your contributions to the site, but you as a leader/admin.
You said yourself that the retired members only make up a small minority on the site. Don't let them convince you to walk away.
Take a look at the other advanced+ members and non-advanced members; I'm sure they would really rather you stay.

Spoiler

I agree with pikachu here, this is just one member and he's obviously crossing too many boundaries. Definitely about the divorce, that's just immature and i can't see anyone at fault here but him.
What you're going through with the divorce must definitely be rough, and i completely understand if you need to step down or take a break while that's happening, but leaving codex because of a single cunt-mouthed soab? don't let him do that to you.
I'm pretty sure the majority of us would rather see him walked out than you.

#8 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

You just made the list.

#9 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

This is bullshit.

You will be missed. At least you had the decency to actually enforce the rules. Cannot believe anyone would take his side after all the messages he made. <3

#10 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'd like to publicly apologize, I didn't mean for this to escalate or to cause such a ruckus. My original intent in making a case in Retired chat was a dialogue and reconsideration of previous disciplinary actions. Soul__stealer's probably a way cooler person than he is an admin, and my quaint interactions with him prior to this were only positive. He's also definitely a more valuable member to Codex than I am, an MVP if you will, in terms of contribution to the community. My qualms with you were only with the manner in which you lead the administrator position.

I have no ill feeling towards you at all , and at worse only felt slightly inconvenienced. I'm sorry to cause you stress in an already stressful moment of your life.

Best regards.

I just... don't get it, man. You are a blatantly intelligent human being. What is it that gets shut off during the process of typing up the utter drivel you find entertaining?

#11 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Urgh. This is just ridiculous. Just ban him to save you (and everyone else) the headache.

Hang in there, soul__stealer!

#12 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

...assume the drivel to be my true character.

But the fact that you will and do spew it is part of your character. To that end, my question remains: could your obvious intellect not be utilized in some more effective manner? Do you feel that you are incapable of entertaining us without stooping to such lows?

#13 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the rule regarding profanity?

I'd like to publicly apologize, I didn't mean for this to escalate or to cause such a ruckus. My original intent in making a case in Retired chat was a dialogue and reconsideration of previous disciplinary actions. Soul__stealer's probably a way cooler person than he is an admin, and my quaint interactions with him prior to this were only positive. He's also definitely a more valuable member to Codex than I am, an MVP if you will, in terms of contribution to the community. My qualms with you were only with the manner in which you lead the administrator position.

I have no ill feeling towards you at all , and at worse only felt slightly inconvenienced. I'm sorry to cause you stress in an already stressful moment of your life.

Best regards.

Who are you and what have you done to the real Simon?

#14 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Why are apologizing. You're getting exactly what you wanted.

You seem genuinely pleased riding the llama that's bringing on all this drama.

He's apologised. You're the one dragging the foot on the issue (and the one who clearly blew it out of proportion).

Edited by wetfartificial, 04 April 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#15 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Might be bold of me to say this, but I find the 'retired member' status a little redundant.
While it does award members who have grown to be an important part of the community by acknowledging them and giving them a subforum to communicate with each other, it makes it somewhat harder for newer members to integrate in and feel like they truly belong in here, rather than just short term acquaintances.

Shouldn't a title like that be more like a 'informal status' given by others simply for noticing their presence, rather than a 'solid proof' written in black and white?
E.g. 'Oh, that guy, I've seen him around, I guess he must be an old timer around here' as opposed to 'Oh, that guy, well he has the 'retired member' status so I guess he must be an old timer.'

#16 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

I'm still going to withhold any sort of official comment because I feel that the news post is still a bit premature and may have been hastily made. Staff needs to have a good discussion about this I think.

Might be bold of me to say this, but I find the 'retired member' status a little redundant.
While it does award members who have grown to be an important part of the community by acknowledging them and giving them a subforum to communicate with each other, it makes it somewhat harder for newer members to integrate in and feel like they truly belong in here, rather than just short term acquaintances.

Shouldn't a title like that be more like a 'informal status' given by others simply for noticing their presence, rather than a 'solid proof' written in black and white?
E.g. 'Oh, that guy, I've seen him around, I guess he must be an old timer around here' as opposed to 'Oh, that guy, well he has the 'retired member' status so I guess he must be an old timer.'

This is a really complex issue because the site has been around for nearly a decade now.

I like the idea of having an informal status that identifies people based on their longevity, but the social dynamics of how things are currently is pretty complicated and almost justifies having two different sections in its own weird way:

There's a fair number of people in Retired that have been here for more than 5 years, and so the divide between old and new members can be quite large. As someone in Retired put it, there's the "community" (presumably referring to the old community that is somewhat preserved in the Retired section by the people in it), and there's the "Neopets community" (referring to outside of Retired). A lot of people in Retired have grown past Neopets, and so a huge struggle we had was figuring out how to bridge that gap since they now had very little in common with the rest of the community. We never came up with an adequate solution.

#17 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

sivs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users