Happy Easter!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates it!

What are you doing today? Anything you remember doing as a kid that you miss?

I, for one, will be staying away from the chocolate! (I don't like chocolate that much anyways.) :p

#2 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Happy Easter to you too c:

I don't celebrate it though, but I had chocolate for lunch because I'm too lazy to cook something. XD

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Obligatory dinner.

I don't complain, it's a free meal.

#4 Betch

Betch
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Happy Easter ^_^ !
I'm gonna hide eggs this year, which I miss being the one hunting >,<

#5 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

We don't celebrate Easter in a religious way, but the look on my daughters face when the "easter bunny" had left her something was priceless. :D This is the first year she can really understand it (just turned 2), so it's been great so far.

We went out yesterday to the local farm, it's like a petting zoo with sheep/cows/goats/turtles/rabbits etc for them to see/play with because they were holding an easter egg hunt, but today we're having dinner with my close friends.

Happy Easter everyone! :)

#6 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

happy bunny day.

I used to make a large plate of fresh salad for my pet rabbits on Easter. Not that I didn't feed them fresh vegetables on other days, they just don't get variety unless its a special occasion cause I am lazy.

Past tense since they died of old age a few years back.

One died at 12 years the other 13.

Edited by frostz, 08 April 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#7 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Happy Easter codex! :3 I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I myself will be completing a mini chocolate egg hunt ( do not laugh, it's a family tradition :p ) calling my big brother in Vietnam, eating copious amounts of chocolate then sitting down to a big Easter lunch which will be too much for everyone ;)

#8 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

I have no idea why Easter is celebrated, but happy Easter for those who celebrates it!

Edited by Junjun, 08 April 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#9 Epidote

Epidote
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

Happy Easter!

This will be my son's first so, according to my wife, we have to dress up in a special Easter outfit and give him his first Easter basket even though he has no idea what's going on. Crazy holidays...

#10 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Happy Easter. :)
We had a public holiday last Friday to celebrate it, but most of us in my country do not actually celebrate it. :(

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

My daughter and I will go to church in a couple hours. While we're in church, the hot cross buns will rise cause I was too lazy to do them Friday. I didn't get her an Easter basket, but I'll pick up some plastic eggs later to do an Easter hunt with. That's all the Easter related activities I have planned for today.

Edit: and we're watching Veggie Tales: An Easter Carol

And going to yung's family's house apparently.

Edited by Napiform, 08 April 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#12 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Coaching my niece for the Annual Easter Egg Hunt.

This year the Gold Egg is ours. Muwahahaha...

#13 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

It's a religious holiday that is supposed to celebrate the zombiefication of Jesus (how else do you describe someone who has risen from the dead?)

Good Friday (why it's called 'Good Friday' is beyond me) marks the day Jesus was crucified and died on the cross.
Easter Sunday is to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. The Easter Egg is used as a symbol of 'New Life'.

In reality, it's just an excuse for some public holidays, time off work and some consumer spending.

Since he resurrected himself he's more akin to a lich than a zombie.

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

In reality, it's just an excuse for some public holidays, time off work and some consumer spending.

It's also an excuse to have a feast and spend time with loved ones. ;)

Prior to Easter is a period of time called LENT. It begins on Ash Wednesday and Catholics traditionally give up something they enjoy for the 40 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter. I personally gave up cigarettes and soda, and I am excited about drinking a Pepsi or Big Red at the BBQ we're having tonight. There will also be beer and delicious steak while the original cast recording of Jesus Christ Superstar plays on a stereo someplace. There will be much rejoicing. Yaaaay.

Then we will promptly return home and avoid the public at all possible costs, because here in San Antonio, after Easter, the masses start getting ready for FIESTA that officially starts this Saturday which is a chain of ridiculous city-wide events that usually involves parades where at least one kid gets kidnapped and is found months later decomposing in a creek, public intoxication, drunk driving during all hours of the day, carnivals where people get stabbed, and just general dangerous stupidity. There's got to be a better way to remember the Alamo, but the city hasn't thought of it yet. Jesus help me!

#15 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

I will spend the day being fed by all of the Italian women in my family who spend all day cooking and feeding us men.
So typical Sunday, but with nicer clothes, Easter style food, and more gold jewelry.

#16 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Happy easter guys!~

I had a great sunday dinner not too long ago (haven't had one in aaages~) with Ash and his family and ate so much chocolate aw yes but haven't done anything different apart from that! ♥

#17 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

It's a religious holiday that is supposed to celebrate the zombiefication of Jesus (how else do you describe someone who has risen from the dead?)

Good Friday (why it's called 'Good Friday' is beyond me) marks the day Jesus was crucified and died on the cross.
Easter Sunday is to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. The Easter Egg is used as a symbol of 'New Life'.

Also, to the Jewish it's the exodus from Egypt.

Edited by ManBear, 08 April 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Also, to the Jewish it's the exodus from Egypt.

Yeah, they celebrate by eating some tortillas, and the rest of us get to eat chocolate. Silly Jews!

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

I celebrate Laos New Years, 'cause I'm Laos.

#20 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for this but still can't get the connection between New life - Easter eggs - Bunnies :lookaround:

#21 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for this but still can't get the connection between New life - Easter eggs - Bunnies :lookaround:

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
In the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, Easter eggs are dyed red to represent the blood of Christ, shed on the Cross, and the hard shell of the egg symbolized the sealed Tomb of Christ — the cracking of which symbolized His resurrection from the dead. Easter eggs areblessed by the priest at the end of the Paschal Vigil (which is equivalent to Holy Saturday), and distributed to the faithful. Each household also brings an Easter basket to church, filled not only with Easter eggs but also with other Paschal foods such as paskha, kulich or Easter breads, and these are blessed by the priest as well.[citation needed]. The egg is seen by followers of Christianity as a symbol of resurrection: while being dormant it contains a new life sealed within it.[citation needed]

#22 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
In the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, Easter eggs are dyed red to represent the blood of Christ, shed on the Cross, and the hard shell of the egg symbolized the sealed Tomb of Christ — the cracking of which symbolized His resurrection from the dead. Easter eggs areblessed by the priest at the end of the Paschal Vigil (which is equivalent to Holy Saturday), and distributed to the faithful. Each household also brings an Easter basket to church, filled not only with Easter eggs but also with other Paschal foods such as paskha, kulich or Easter breads, and these are blessed by the priest as well.[citation needed]. The egg is seen by followers of Christianity as a symbol of resurrection: while being dormant it contains a new life sealed within it.[citation needed]

I am not sure if I missed it or not, but how about bunnies?

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Happy Easter. I don't celebrate as I no longer follow the religion behind it.

But I remember waking up when I was a kid and getting a basket filled with eggs full of candy and big chocolate bunnies. And dressing up in matching outfits to go to church *shudders* oh god those were awful D: Then doing easter egg hunts.

Tonight I will feast on whatever my roommate makes us for dinner xD

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

I am not sure if I missed it or not, but how about bunnies?

Well, because why not? Bunnies are super cute and need more love :3

There's also this on Wikipedia!!

#25 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Well, because why not? Bunnies are super cute and need more love :3

There's also this on Wikipedia!!

Interesting, thank you. This should be the most fun religion. Eggs, chocolates, bunnies, christmas trees and presents etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users