Photo

another question about abrosia/proxy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

I was wondering does anybody know how to input private proxy's into the program manager. I got my proxy for myprivateproxy.net, and it allows me to use in firefox right now, but can't seem to get it working on the program manager yet. I have to login using user and pass. I believe this issue has been addressed once since I googled it, but that answer didn't apply to my specific problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

#2 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

I don't think PM supports proxies that require credentials.

#3 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I don't think PM supports proxies that require credentials.

Oh it doesn't? I was just looking around and found some people who managed to get it work on neocodex, but those topics were from a long time ago apparently O_o. Any other responses are appreciated. Thanks for your response though.

#4 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

The only way you can get it to work is if you can change the settings on the proxie itself. If it is a free (public) proxie then i very much doubt that you will be able to change the settings. But if you payed for a proxie service (private) then you should be able to change the settings on the proxie. If it is password protected you are going to need to change it so that the proxie recognizes your home IP and automatically signs you in, that way you do not need to type in the username and password manually. It is the only way that it will work with abrosia if it is password protected.

#5 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

The only way you can get it to work is if you can change the settings on the proxie itself. If it is a free (public) proxie then i very much doubt that you will be able to change the settings. But if you payed for a proxie service (private) then you should be able to change the settings on the proxie. If it is password protected you are going to need to change it so that the proxie recognizes your home IP and automatically signs you in, that way you do not need to type in the username and password manually. It is the only way that it will work with abrosia if it is password protected.

So is what you're saying is to change my home IP which it is currently at right now manually to the IP of my proxy that way I don't have to log in through it right? I'm attempting to do that right now, but really confused lol.

#6 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

So is what you're saying is to change my home IP which it is currently at right now manually to the IP of my proxy that way I don't have to log in through it right? I'm attempting to do that right now, but really confused lol.

You need to login to the control panel from where you bought the proxy, and see if you can find something such as "authorized IP's" and then set your home IP as being allowed to login without using the username/password feature.

#7 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

You need to login to the control panel from where you bought the proxy, and see if you can find something such as "authorized IP's" and then set your home IP as being allowed to login without using the username/password feature.

Sarah the control panel here didn't seem to have that feature of "logging in without the user/pass" pass is required, but I managed to swap my home ip with the proxy ip and now it seems to be working. Thank you all for your help :)!

#8 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Sarah the control panel here didn't seem to have that feature of "logging in without the user/pass" pass is required, but I managed to swap my home ip with the proxy ip and now it seems to be working. Thank you all for your help :)!

I took a look on the website you said you bought it from, and it says:

We offer both authentication methods, by IP or username and password so you will not have to worry about your IP changing.

Here

So, the option should be there somewhere, might not be that easy to find it.

Glad you managed to get it working though :)

#9 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I took a look on the website you said you bought it from, and it says:

Here

So, the option should be there somewhere, might not be that easy to find it.

Glad you managed to get it working though :)

Sarah one more thing. Do you know what it means page retrival time (proxy) when I test it in program manager sometimes it come up with 0.24 other times it comes up with 3.2. Will that affect my buy times? I tested the speed and its relatively fast about 35 mbps sometimes. Just wondering cause I had no idea what this means. Thanks :)

#10 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Sarah one more thing. Do you know what it means page retrival time (proxy) when I test it in program manager sometimes it come up with 0.24 other times it comes up with 3.2. Will that affect my buy times? I tested the speed and its relatively fast about 35 mbps sometimes. Just wondering cause I had no idea what this means. Thanks :)

How long it takes to load the pages, the slower the loading = slower buy times. It shouldn't effect you too much with a private proxy, public are far slower usually.

#11 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

How long it takes to load the pages, the slower the loading = slower buy times. It shouldn't effect you too much with a private proxy, public are far slower usually.

So that would stand for say 6.2 would mean it would take 6.2 seconds to retrieve the page right? The lower the number the better. Or is it backwards? The higher the number the better. Just making sure, but thanks for all your help.

#12 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

If they use mechanize in PM, you might try:
user:[email protected]:3128
Depending how they coded it.... it may work

#13 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

So that would stand for say 6.2 would mean it would take 6.2 seconds to retrieve the page right? The lower the number the better. Or is it backwards? The higher the number the better. Just making sure, but thanks for all your help.

No, that's right, the lower the number the better (quicker) it is. :)

#14 pwnedpl0x

pwnedpl0x
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

No, that's right, the lower the number the better (quicker) it is. :)

Ok gotcha :). Somebody can close this topic now if needed. Got it all fixed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users